Chapter 2

Sub Rosa

 

 

There's something about airports that sends tiny twinges on Seungri's soles. Was it his subconscious fear of planes? The thought of being hundreds of feet above the ground? Whatever it was, he just knows it makes him a bit antsy to even just get a glimpse of one. But what's even more unsettling was the look on Jiyong's face. Seungri knew he had to acquit himself like a gentleman. And so he did. So far, throughout the day, he had only been a properly-behaved boy. Just like what Jiyong wants.

What is a face mask even for, he wondered as Jiyong puts one on. Was it to cover his bare face? Or just for the sake of fashion? Seungri doesn't mind being seen with his face bare, but if Jiyong thinks it's 'fashionable', then it must be. Passing through a sea of followers with cameras glued on on their hands, he puts one on just like his leader did. Now Seunghyun puts one on, too. A chain of action followed by Daesung, and now even Youngbae. Jiyong's influence is rather strong. 

Seungri has always been an observant. He might not look like one but he is one. He notices everything. And now he couldn't help but notice Jiyong's frequent glances at him. 

"Why are you so covered up from head to toe like that?" the man asks.

"..What's wrong with it?" he answers back, a frown sliding in.

Now he was left with Jiyong scowling at him. Was his eyes throwing in a glare of suspicion? 

"Take that scarf off later. I know you're hiding something." 

One last glare, and Jiyong finally leaves him be. Seungri had almost thought he'd choke from the man's ominous aura. Now he couldn't even look him straight as he takes the plane ticket from him.

As they've climbed aboard the aircraft, Seungri has just but one concern; Youngbae's seat right next to him. The man snores loudly in his sleep, and their flight is approximately twelve hours long. Seungri could only breathe out a sigh.

 


 

"Chicken or beef?"

One thing Seungri hates even more than the flight itself: the airline meal. The stale, musty meal they call food. Even a school cafeteria can do a more decent one. But at least the flight attendant was pleasing to the eye. Seungri almost forgot the throbbing pain in his ears.

It's that charming smile once again. The smile he uses only for the pretty face.

"Can I take you instead?" he says and it's enough to make the woman breathe a soft almost faint chuckle.

Now the food's more acceptable. The only thing that Seungri couldn't endure was Youngbae's snoring. The man was already in deep slumber. Mouth partly open with his earplugs touching it a bit. If it weren't for Seungri's phone battery almost dying, he would've gotten his revenge by now from all those times Youngbae took a photo of him asleep. 

Maybe Seungri's oblivous to it, but he couldn't get himself to take his eyes off of him. Such a gentle view. The soft, peaceful look he could see from him only when he's asleep.

Or yet maybe, it's the only time Seungri's allowed to stare at him.

 


 

"Off your scarf goes."

An aching back and a jet-lagged head, Seungri couldn't response immediately to Jiyong's demand. The hotel suite was anything but mediocre. The fanciest one he's ever been to, in fact. Too bad he couldn't even take a good look at it. 

"Quick," Jiyong raises his voice. "Off it goes." 

Taking off his scarf was the last thing he wanted to do. Jiyong wasn't the type who would take no for an answer, so there wasn't much choice he has left. Sitting on the velvet sheet of the bed, Seungri reluctantly takes off the sleek cloth covering his neck. From there on, the room went painfully silent with nothing but Jiyong's hefty sigh.

"What the hell is that?" Jiyong finally utters. "Did a in' leech sleep with you?"

Seungri couldn't talk his way out like he usually does. He sealed his mouth shut with only the floor to look at.

"How can you have hickeys that many? Did you sleep with a in' maniac?"

The man wasn't even shouting. Just a calm tone with a disappointed expression. As if such a thing happens over and over again. Apologizing was the only thing Seungri could do. Jiyong then fell silent, a weary look on his eyes as he sighs out.

"Honestly," he began. "I'm tired of this already. Just- I know you'll do it again, so just- next time, just try not to have your skin marked," he uttered, fingers his temples. 

"You're really uncontrollable, you know," he says one last time before heading for the door.

Finally, Seungri can now take a good look at the place.

 


 

Another successful show, and before Seungri knew it, they were at a lavish nightclub once again. It was the usual scene; Seunghyun savoring his drink, Jiyong nodding to the music, occasionally taking a few photos, the tipsy Daesung who would only sit on the corner, laughing loudly at Seungri's jokes, and Youngbae who only knew how to dance. 

It was the usual thing once again. And before Seungri knew it, he's at a hotel room with Youngbae, sweat dripping off of his jaw. 

The bittersweet taste of alcohol from Youngbae's tongue, the smell of his sweat mixed in with his strong perfume, his moist skin slapping against Seungri's as he penetrates into him, all of which sent the boy into sheer euphoria. 

Now Youngbae's at the skin of his neck. Biting it 'til Seungri pushes away from him.

"H-hyung said I shouldn't get marks on my skin," he mutters. 

"It's okay," Youngbae says as he continues on.

And it was the usual thing once again. 

 


 

The morning came; usual view, usual happening.

Seungri wakes up with Youngbae sleeping right next to him, and he leaves casually. 

They meet in afternoons to rehearse, they greet each other, and it was the usual thing. They continue on with their usual lives.

As if nothing happened.