Chapter 4

Sub Rosa

 

There's that thing once again. That irksome sight that appears almost every week. Seungri hated it the most. More than anything, he's thankful he has a pretty numb scalp. Bleach usually stings, but it doesn't for him. Every week, Seungri gets his roots done. His black hair growing out was the worst thing for him. Years of natural-toned hair was beginning to get dull. 

The miasma of the chemical was rather harsh. It's surprising how Jiyong could even stand next to him. The guy was probably used to it more than anyone else. He changes hair colors as much as he changes clothes. 

"You missed a spot," Jiyong utters. "Over there," he points out to the hairdresser. 

Even when he bleaches hair, Jiyong would monitor. Rather than oddly overmeticulous, Seungri prefers to describe him as a perfectionist maniac. Nothing escapes Jiyong's eyes. Even the smallest details. A bit terrifying if you ask Seungri.

"Youngbae," Jiyong utters. "Watchu think?"

The clump of pink hidden in sheets then starts moving. "What?" Youngbae asks tiredly, peeking from behind the blanket.

"What do you think?" Jiyong glances at the mirror, and Youngbae's barely looking at him from the couch with eyes still swollen from sleep. "Isn't it time for Seungri to start changing hair color?"

"Mmm," he mumbles. Seungri's listening. "Guess so. Try a bit of purple," then he goes back to his slumber.

"Purple?" Jiyong examines his whole face, from his hair to his jaw 'til Seungri rolls his eyes in dismay.

"Purple's such a dumb color."

"Agree."

Good thing Seungri has his phone with him. Drowns out the awkwardness as Jiyong leaves him alone with the hairdresser. 

 

xxxxxxxxxxx

Purple, huh? Seungri gazes outside the car window. The purple sky was a little bit too mellow for his liking. It has always been on the neutral side---his feeling for the color. He doesn't like it nor hate it.

Reminds him of the time Youngbae was wearing a purple shirt. It was the only thing he could focus on as he undressed himself. He stared at it so much, he didn't notice how his hands were shaking. It was the first time they touched, and as if it's a dream, Seungri lost count on how many times he wished for him not to wake. 

All he wanted was to get closer to him. But maybe he went too far. Oh how he regretted it. One thing he learnt; nothing really good comes from wanting too much. He yearned for more, and now there's an infrangible barrier between them. 

 

 

 


 

 

"Your hair's purple," the whites of Daesung's eyes showed. "Why's your hair purple?" 

Seungri greeted him with a pat on his back and a sarcastic smile. "Coz I dyed it purple?"

"Yea, no ," Seunghyun mutters, neck bent down towards his phone. The coffee on his table was as pale as the beige wood of his chair, and the one meant for Seungri's now also as pale. The newspaper beside him was rather neglected, kind of a mannerism to get one but always fails to use its purpose. Seungri sits on it; Seunghyun doesn't care.

"Does Mr. Yang knows about this?" Daesung folds his arm like a nagging mother.

"It's no big deal. Really," Seungri says, picking out a strand of his silver hair with bold tinges of purple. The color subdued perfectly and softly to the vivid silver, and as the light reflects on it, a faded purple shines back.

"Ri, you know Mr. Yang doesn't like it when we change hairstyles without his approval," Daesung the worrywart frowns his eyebrows. 

"It's alright. Don't worry." Seungri chuckles it off. "Can't I have fun with my own hair?"

Daesung sighs out as if saying he doesn't care anymore. Seungri then snorts at how adorable the guy is worrying over the slightest things. A good decision accepting his invitation for a cup of coffee. A breath of fresh air instead of going clubbing with his entourage on their days off. 

"Wow."

Seungri knew who it was.

"Nice hair," he says as soon as he sits with them.

"Pretty nice, huh?" Seungri smirks. 

"Yeah. Suits you." Youngbae leans toward Daesung, taking a bite off of his cheesecake.

"Yea, my hairdresser suggested it for me. Said it would suit me well." Seungri lost count on how many cubes of sugar he had put in on his coffee. He stops and stirrs immediately. What was he in a hurry for?

"I see," Youngbae smiles. "Looks good on you."

"Where's Jiyong?"

Seunghyun right then asks. Seungri would've said more. Maybe. But maybe he needs to thank Seunghyun for cutting him off.

 

xxxxxxx

"D'you guys know yet?" Jiyong asks, puffing out hot smoke through his nose.

Seungri never really fancied cigarettes. Just that the air inside's a little supressing. Thought he might needed some fresh one. Well, doesn't really help now that two guys are smoking infront of him.

"Know what?" Seunghyun struggling with the lighter frowns at him.

"Youngbae and his girl."

Jiyong has always been a big-mouth.

"What about it?" Seungri pockets his hands. Maybe breathing in cold air and secondhand cigarette smoke wasn't so bad after all.

"They broke up last week. Heard it's because of another man."

"Ouch." Seunghyun mutters. His back leaned on the damp brick wall.

"So that's why.."

"What was that's why?" Jiyong asks. Seungri mumbled it to himself and yet the guy still heard it.

"Nothing, you tattle-tail," he chuckles. "It's not nice telling on Youngbae."

"No, I'm not!" Jiyong exclaims to Seungri who's already halfway inside the door. "Come back here!"

"I'll tell him you told us. You're so dead, you big-mouth," Seungri snorts. Of course he didn't mean it.

But he must admit, he's grateful for Jiyong being one.

 

 


 

 

The cool air chilled his skin. Sweat veiling him almost instantly dried off. Jiyong's nagging again, but all he could care about it how much his back hurts. Maybe he overdid it with the dancing just a while ago. Not like he can do much about it---once he hears their fans cheer, showing a little moves is the most natural thing to do. Yougnbae's like that, too. Only difference is; he's much more fit than him. Guess he would have to endure the aching of his spine.

"What the hell guys," Jiyong didn't know when to stop. The group's already known to be a little out of sync when it comes to dancing, yet it still couldn't get pass him. Before the show, he had told the boys to just take it easy and enjoy. But now that they really did take it easy, Jiyong's breathing fire.

"We're sorry. Chill," Seunghyun with sweat seeping through his shirt utters. He's sweating more than the others with his layered clothes. A normal thing for everyone, suprisingly.

"Chill?" Jiyong smirks. Uh-oh.

"No afterparty then."

 

xxxxxxxxxx

"Who says we can't go drinking without Jiyong's permission?" Seunghyun says, taking a sip on his cocktail.

Seungri giggles at how childish the oldest guy among them is. Seunghyun defies Jiyong a little more these days. Must be the 'adulthood' he always speaks of. Seungri has got to hand it to him. When it comes to eluding the stern leader, Seunghyun's number one at it.

Though Seungri must admit; it doesn't feel quite complete without him. No more smiley guy who likes to nod 'coolly' at the music. 

"Why aren't you drinking? Seunghyun blazes at Youngbae who just sat on the other end of the VIP couch. An unlikely Youngbae who always dances with the sweaty crowd.

"Nah, I don't feel like it tonight," Youngbae calmly says with a hazy smile.

"What a killjoy," and then Seunghyun hands the giggly Daesung another gin and tonic. He never liked it when he's the only one who drinks. 

Maybe Seungri feels like dancing with the sweaty crowd tonight. With a pat on Seunghyun's shoulder, he passes by their bodyguards. He dances like how he usually dances. The booming music clouding his ears. The movements of the sea of people flocking around him, strangers he have never seen before swaying and taking photos with him. Seungri might be a little too drunk.

But maybe not too drunk.

Even with the mass of the tipsy youngsters, Seungri's eyes still found its way to Youngbae.

 

 


 

 

The little rays of sunshine tickled his skin a bit. The melody of the birds singing slowly brings him back from sleep. A nice morning as one would say. Perfect sun, perfect wind. A great day to just take a stroll. 

It's the usual morning. Usual view, usual happening. Seungri opens his eyes, the calm breeze swaying his silvery-purple locks.

The huge bed was all his with no one snoring and lying next to him.

Just like the usual.

 

 

 

 



Took me quite a while. Sorry, I've been kinda busy.

Tell me your thoughts about this chapter. ^  ^that would be nice~