Chapter 1

Sub Rosa

 

 

It was the usual scene happening once again; they say their gratitude to the personnel, a little photo-taking with the fans, an exchange of bows between their troop of dancers, and now, Seungri's most favorite one; they bid their farewell to everyone. Now he gets to rest. The long-awaited rest he had been thinking of since this morning.

Seungri's exhausted. He's exhausted, but he still notices everything. He notices how their sweat mixes in with the smell of ammonia from the hair bleach left unattended. He notices how humid the room went as soon as they stepped in through the door. He notices how Jiyong's been having mood swings ever since the start of the show. He notices how the red bruise on Daesung's neck peeks out every now and then. But mostly, he notices how unorthodox Youngbae's manner is. The faint aversion of the man's body from a casual physical contact of a male friend. To what seems awfully close to being nauseated, his eyes seemed to just shout odium as he stealthily removes the arm hanging on to his shoulder. Seungri still finds it odd no matter how many times he witnesses it. 

It wasn't the first time Youngbae had displayed such a scene. Seungri even once saw him with a frown almost carved on his face from a television program with a bold exhibit of love between men. It looked almost as if he was disgusted. Seungri likes physical affection in the general way---he likes it, but when it comes to Youngbae, he tries not to.

Seunghyun's approaching. With the steady smirk on him, Seungri figured they would wind up drinking in a fancy bar somewhere. He's exhausted, but he knows he'd still end up drinking more than he could handle. He loves alcohol more than anything, and now it seems his stamina is full once again.

Given how he could now see Jiyong's gums, it's safe to say that the atmosphere of the place has taken away any of the man's stress. Seunghyun just knows the finest places to take them each and after every show. Since the tour, afterparties automatically became a routine. Seunghyun initiates and everyone gets drunk. 

Bringing bodyguards with them anywhere was anything but extraordinary. It was a necessity especially now that they're in a place with a rowdy bunch. Nobody could get to them unless they have the permission to do so, and it has always been like that. From time to time there would be persistent people who would force their way in just to get near them. Then the bodyguards also ends up using force. But there are also times where they're in the best mood and would allow fans to take photos with them. Just like how Youngbae is taking a photo with a fan, currently. Quite a miracle, Seungri would say. Not because Youngbae allowed the fan to, but because the fan is a male. Youngbae's nice to everyone. But seeing him friendly with a guy like this was quite astonishing. At least to Seungri. Must be the alcohol kicking in. But of course, the alcohol couldn't take away every ounce of Youngbae's odd behavior. The fan must be intoxicated, acting like a drunken man. His limbs was wrapped around him, all giggles as he was having the time of his life. Youngbae's reaction to it was more apparent than usual. Anyone could've easily tell he looked uneasy---disgusted, even.

The escorts immediately takes the man away wasting no time, and now Seungri finds himself observing Youngbae once again.

 


 

It's the usual blinding sun, the usual headache, the usual hangover, the usual morning, and the usual view; Youngbae lying next to him. 

Seungri his temples, slouching on the corner of the bed. With a breath of sigh, he picks up his clothes and casually leaves.

 

 



So yeah.. This's supposed to be a one-shot, but then.. I don't know, I liked the idea of it. Haha~ 

How was it?