Chapter 3

Loyalty

 

"I was mesmerized by the mysterious you and stared at you

and had my one soul stolen

Because I am completely drunk at your movements,

I even forgot how to breathe"
 

- Dont Go; EXO-

 


 

That beautiful stoic face; a defined jawline, those perfectly shaped eyebrows, small pouty kissable lips, a tall nose bridge and those mesmerizing cold eyes. Oh Sehun gave the finest first impressions.  Envious stares, soft giggles, shy glances, flirtatious winks, seductive smiles; he was immuned to them. He just didn't understand; why are people so easily swayed by the outer appearances? 

Letting out a loud sigh of irritation, he let his eyes wander to the windows, taking in the beautiful scenery of the campus. His eyes rested on the familiar figure sitting against a tree, her eyes fixed on a book in her delicate hands. His lips twitched as his eyes lit up at the sight. He got up from his seat and stuffed his books into his grey Herschel bag in a rushed manner. Taking all his belongings, ignoring the glances thrown at him, he walked out of the library in a quick pace.

 

Her soft brown eyes scanned through every word in the page with diligence. Her love for reading is indescribable. (Genres; Romance, Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi, Classics.) No one seemed to understand why someone would rather spend their time in books than to hang out. They hadn't realise the beauty of books, that's what Soomin feels. Or maybe not everyone are readers.

Her eyebrow furrowed in concentration as she reached the of her book.

"Hello, Soo." A voice broke the comfortable silence. She groaned at the disruption cause by the male infront of her, Kris Wu. 

"WHAT." Her face showed sign of annoyance. The boy flinched at her unwelcomed tone, gaze never leaving her face. She tried to compose herself but the unfriendly tone in her voice was still apparent. "Can I help you??" 

"I'm sorry to disturb your reading session, but your friends are looking for you at the library entrance. Said they were done." He said in a calm tone. "I'm just here to relay the message since I saw you from the window." Soomin gave him a nod mumbling a soft sorry and a thanks. 

"Check your phone once in awhile. Everyone's worried, he's worried too." his tone, soft and concerning. Her eyes harden. "Take care of yourself." He patted her head and turned to leave. Soomin stared at the leaving figure with mixed emotions. She snapped out from her trance and started to pack her belongings.

Sehun's head pops from behind the tree with a cheshire cat-like grin which startled and creeped the hell out of Soomin, His face was just inches away from Soomin.

"Hey Minnie~" He cooed in a unusual cheery tone. Her face contorted into disgust as she scanned Sehun's face. Eyes locked on his scar on his left cheek.

"What do you want from me, Hunnie?" in a cautious voice as she stepped back. 

"Why would you think I would want something from you?~" the tone of his voice was giving her goosebumps. She shuddered.

"Because of your freaking tone. Just spit it out, thanks." her stare boring into Sehun's face. 

The smile disappeared from his face, but his voice was soft. "I saw that just now, and maybe overheard a sentence or two." She frowned at him, giving a knowing look.

"Oh, fine, The entire conversation." He rolled his eyes.

She scowled at the boy, "There wasn't anything to see and hear, Mr. Oh Sehun. He was just informing me that Jin and Tae are waiting for me right now. So, I'm leaving." 

Staring at her leaving figure, "You're gonna have to let go, Minnie." A sad frown plastered on his perfect features.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Dreadful.

That's the most suitable word to describe her current situation. It's Friday night and all she wanted to do was to curl up in her bed, and just sleep. But, no. Her girl friends had other plans for her. What's worse, more than half the gang was here, dining with them, much to her dislike. Now here she was, at the far corner of the table, sitting next to Luhan and infront of Sehun, with Jinhee next to him. 

"Lay off the PDA guys!" Jongdae grunted in disgust as Chanyeol and Taemi fed each other. "We're trying to eat without feeling like throwing up!"

"You're just jealous, troll." Chanyeol smiled in triumph as he nudged Taemi. "Right, babe?"

"Get a room, you two!!" Baekhyun screamed at the couple in annoyance. Laughter erupted at his statement.

 

"Hey Soomin, are you alright? Stop drinking so much." Luhan spoke in a gentle tone as he eyed her girl with concern.

"I'm fine." she assured him, drowning herself with more alcohol as she glared at Sehun. He mouthed 'idiot', rolling his eyes at the same time.

"Shut up, Thehun." 

Luhan raised his eyebrows in confusion. "How did you know Sehun's nickname?" voicing his thoughts outloud.

"Oh, we actually eat to---" 

"Of course she knows, hyung. He could have told her." Sehun cuts her off before she finishes her sentence. "More soju, hyung?" He smiled sheepishly. Luhan sensed something off about the two but he decided to just let it go for now. "Sure." Sehun filled Luhan's and Soomin's shot glasses before filling his.

"I want some too, Sehun oppa*." Jinhee smiled at Sehun, handing him her cup. 

"Get it yourself. Tsk." as he placed the soju bottle on the table, ignoring the girl. Her face falls at his statement. (and that tongue click.)

Sehun continued, "And." She turned to look at him. Eyes filled with anticipation. "I'm younger than you, noona*." He mocked with a smirk.

 

The rest of the boys were just loud.  The other customers were throwing glares at their directions.

The owner smiled fondly at the 8 of them. Her eyes focus on Soomin's drunken state and  then, rested at the boy at the other side of the table.    

His gaze rested on Soomin, only her. The owner's eyes filled with pity and sorrow. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Click click click.

The footsteps were coming from downstairs. She hugged her legs tightly, eyes closed tightly, silently praying.

"Come out you stupid girl!"

She flinched at the fierce tone. "Come out, come out wherever your are~" He cooed.

With a knife in hand, he headed upstairs. Her unsteady breaths and uneven heartbeat ringing in her ears. Tears starts falling down her rosy cheeks, as she shuts her eyes tighter.

"Ooh~ Are you in here?" He stepped into a spacious white room. She hears the creaking of the wooden floorboard, approaching her direction in slow steps. She covers , afraid that she would make a sound.

"Cupboard, honey? Are you ing serious right now? That's the most cliche place. How boring, ugh." He groans in annoyance, he opens both doors of the cupboard with a creak.

"Hello, dear." Her eyes shot open. Tears blurring her sight. She slowly raises her gaze to meet his. She felt the shudder down her spine. She cowered in fear. 

"Ple---plea-se, do-n--'t do th--is..." She managed to choke out some words. He clicked his tongue. 

"No can do, honey. It doesn't work that way." He used the knife to brush stray hairs from her face. "Hmmm, we can do something I guess." His wild eyes piercing through her soft brown eyes. Her vision, vague, as tears pool in her eyes.  

 

"Shall we make it more exciting?" An evil smile growing on his scarred face as he touched her with his bloody hands. 

 

 

She let out a loud piercing scream, wide eyes frantically searching around.

"It's just a nightmare. Shh... It's okay, Soo." a gentle voice whispered into her hair as his arms were wrapped tightly around her. "It's okay." She was drenched in sweat, uneven breaths and her heart was pounding hardly against her chest. She grabbed on his shirt tightly and let the tears fall freely. 


"Are you alright, Soo?" His soothing voice snapped her back to reality as she froze in his arms. She pulled away in a harsh manner, his face shows hurt but he smiled sadly at her. Her gaze met his. Her eyes harden at recognition. 

She spat out in a harsh manner; voice laced with fury, hurt and betrayal.  

 

"Why are you here, Kim Jong In?" 

 

 

 


 

hyung* : Elder brother (boy to elder brother)

noona* : Elder sister (Boy to elder sister)

oppa* : elder brother (girl to elder brother)/ can also be used for endearments as a couple.


A/N: dun dun dun~~ The rest of the members APPEARED!! YAY!! PLUS! I'm super excited for Monster and Lucky One! I've been streaming their EXOmentary since Sehun's! (Well, I didn't get to stream all of them since I have inefficient amount of coins)

Back to the chapter, I hope it gives some type of suspense(?), I'm trying to create that feeling [idk if it's actually working].

I hope you guys enjoy it! Feel free to leave comments! Subscribe, upvote and comment! It really means alot :)

Thanks for you support, guys! :)

I'll edit the chapter soon!! 

gif credit: http://38.media.tumblr.com/07a17d6d983bd481c5d992e719374171/tumblr_inline_nk5nr0uEz81t4o5lp.gif

 

Luinoo.