Chapter 1

Loyalty

 

I’m trying to clear you from my mind
I still haven’t been able to fix our misunderstanding
I need your forgiveness"

-  Soldier, Taemin -
 


 

Earphones plugged into both ears, eyes focused on the books, notes sprawled out on the tables, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Yes, the dreaded mid-terms examinations were approaching in a few weeks. Students spotted in every corner of the library, trying to cram every information that they've learned for the past few months into their heads within the few weeks. The library would be always full as the examination dates were close.
 

However, instead of looking for a table, a girl with an average height of 158cm walked passed the tables and headed to the bookshelves. She preferred sitting on the floor in the space between two bookshelves than placing herself on the uncomfortable chair provided by their very-generous University. Ignoring all the judging stares thrown at her, she took the lollipop out of with a loud pop. Annoyance and obvious displeasure were shown by the students who were distracted by her bold move. With her head bobbing to the music, she leisurely walked towards her two friends. She settled between them with a plop as she folded her legs, indian style. Earphones still intact. Both girls looked up at the sudden intruder with caution, only to let out a sigh of relief. 


"Yah, Baek Soomin! Where did you go?" The girl with large eyes whispered harshly to the said girl.  The girl furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and took out her left earbud. "Huh? I didn't manage to catch that, Jin" 


Jinhee rolled her eyes at the younger as she continued memorising her Psychology notes, ignoring the girl with the lollipop. "Jin was asking where've you been for the past hour." The caramel haired girl replied in a soft manner, mirroring her personality. 


"Well, I got bored of studying for mid terms so I decided to have a little break." She stared at the two with a bored expression. "You guys should have one too, right, Tae?"

Silence. Their heads stuffed into their notes and books.


Ten minutes of silence made Soomin fidgety. She started mumbling incoherent words to herself while rocking her body sideways, bumping into both her friends. The two tried hard to ignore the her but unfortunately for them, it was all in vain. Their annoying maknae* was driving them nuts. They shot her a glare but being Soomin, she was immuned. The two sighed in annoyance as they gave in to the maknae. The two started packing up their books and notes, placing them in their bags in silence, while Soomin's face lighted up at the sight. The three made their way out of the library, both pinching the maknae's arms, showing their dissatisfactions.

 

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry! Let me go!" Soomin shouted in defeat as they made it out of the library. The elder two smiled in triumph. "God, what did your moms feed you. Both of you are like godzillas." The younger girl whined in disdain, resulting another round of beatings from the older unnies*. 


While the trio were caught up in their usual bickerings, a black BMW coupe pulled over at the side of the road with a screech. The three turned their heads to sudden intruder with alarmed eyes, only to let out a sigh of relief when they could recognise the figure who just exited the vehicle. 


He walked up to them with a smile plastered on his face, "Hi." He greeted the girl with a toothy smile, eyes lit up with adoration. The said girl rushed to her boyfriend and hugged the tall giant tightly as she inhaled the familiar musky scent, "I missed you." She mumbled into his firm chest. The latter smiled at the girl, hugging her with the same intensity. "I missed you too."


"Okay, enough with the lovey-dovey reunion after like, what, a day? Not everyone here is so crazy in love." Jinhee voiced out in a dissatisfied manner.  "And you." She pointed an accusing finger at her elder brother. "You didn't even greet us." 

"Sorry, too caught up in the moment." He apologised with a silly grin with a hand ruffling his ash grey hair.

"Hi Soo and my annoying little sister." He waved both his hands at the duo with a teasing grin. Soo gave a nod of acknowledgement. 

"Annoying huh?" Jinhee's right eye twitched as she glared at her brother. "I can be annoying."

He regretted his choice of words.

 


December 2012

"You promised forever and ever, remember? Can you live up to that promise?" 

"Anything for my princess." 

A broken promise, a broken friendship, a broken heart.

 



maknae* - Youngest

unnie* - sisters (in Korea they call the elder girl friends and sisters by this)
 

A/N: The concept is still the same, even when I changed the characters. The story will be developing slowly. I hope it's not too slow for your liking, but I already planned for their meetings. One by one. 

Hope you'll comment, subscribe and upvote! 

Thank you for your support! <3

Picture credited to the owner of the gif: wiffles, <http://wifflegif.com/gifs/623282-hes-so-beautiful-exo-photoshoot-gif>

Luinoo.