Chapter 6

Loyalty



"A heart full of love can’t be hidden

Don’t ever forget the truth, that I was by your side

Don’t erase my heart

I could sacrifice everything for you"


- My Person; BaekXiuChen -

 


Note: Read Chapter 5 if you hadn't. It's a double update :)


Unconsciously, a soft gasp left his plump lips. His eyes widened at her confession. Deep down, he did suspected this but she never once confess to him. He had always let it slide when the topic came up, for the sake of their friendship. Her words rang in his ears. He could not connect the two; what happened that night and her sudden confession. What did she mean? He wanted a proper explanation, not more confusion and puzzles for him to solve. He stared at the girl with wide crazy eyes, tears started rolling down her cheeks. His lips parted, he needed the answers.

Sehun snatched the girl out of the older's grasp. He heard their entire conversation from a distance, and fortunately, no one was at the hallway. Sehun was unable to endure any longer when he saw the girl in that state. She wasn't in the right condition to have this conversation with Chanyeol. She had recently stopped having suicidal thoughts, though, they were always lingering at the back of her mind but she had stopped hurting herself which was a great improvement. Sehun just wouldn't allow her go back to that state of hers because of the older male, even if he was his hyung.  He glared at the taller male, his eyes were burning with fury. Chanyeol was frustrated to see the girl in Sehun's arms. The thought of his best friend in another male's arms was disconcerting. His right eye twitched in annoyance.

"Don't meddle, Sehun. It's none of your business." He growled at the younger, voice laced with anger. No one has ever seen this side of Chanyeol, with the exception of Soomin. Sehun was shocked at the older's behaviour but he never flinched. He shield the girl behind him protectively as he confronted the male. The said girl gripped on his shirt tightly, wrinkling the neatly-ironed cloth. Her eyes were focused on Sehun's wide back. 

"Let it go, hyung. Stop bringing up the past." Sehun muttered in a dangerously low voice, earning a grunt of disapproval from Chanyeol. Their glares never faltered. Soomin wanted to run away from here but her legs didn't have the strength to.

Disappointment. She was disappointed in herself. She couldn't even protect herself. She hated being a damsel in distress but her emotions weren't cooperating with her. Sehun was now dragged into this because of her, because she couldn't protect herself from her own feelings. 

The guys ran towards the three as students started filling in the once empty hallways. Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol's shoulders, trying to calm the happy virus. The rest stood there awkwardly until Junmyeon cleared his throat to break the tension.

"Sehun, bring her home. I don't think she can attend her other lectures." Junmyeon ordered the youngest. He didn't know the relationship between the maknae and his little cousin sister but he trusted that the two needed time and space. Taemi and Jinhee made their way towards the crowd. Jinhee stared at her older brother in confusion. Her eyes flickered to the sight of Sehun guiding Soomin towards the exit. Her heart clenched at the sight. She knew what her friend was going through but she just couldn't help it. Taemi made her way to the crouching figure. She was utterly confused at the situation. Eyeing Baekhyun for an explanation which the latter return with a shrug.

Sehun carried the sleeping figure to her bed, tucking her in. She was hyperventilating during the ride home. Sehun had to calm the girl with soothing words, clutching onto her hand as he tried to focus on the road. Soomin fell asleep as they neared her apartment. He didn't want to wake the girl up from her sleep so he carried her, bridal style. He sat beside at the side of her bed, staring at how peaceful she looked when she was asleep. He pecked her forehead before leaving the room, closing the door softly behind him.

 ------------------------------------------------------------


Junmyeon barged into the apartment after his lecture ended. He had questioned the giant about his behaviour but Chanyeol kept his silence. Baekhyun tried to get some information out of said the male but he refused to speak a word. Even his girlfriend couldn't get a word out of him, much to her frustration. She didn't know what to do as she had never seen her boyfriend so worked up over something. Jinhee just stood there, staring at her shoes. Jongin had had enough of their silence. He stood up and walked away from the group, heading back to his dorm. 

Junmyeon was frantically looking around the apartment, with a crazy look in his eyes. Sehun was staring at the male with a calm look, not at all surprised at his sudden arrival.

"Welcome home." Sehun greeted the older male. He saw the look in his eyes. He needed assurance that she was fine. Junmyeon walked into her room, not bothering to knock. He stopped at the open door, eyes wide at the sight. Sehun rushed behind him, frowning at his hyung. He shifted his gaze, following the older's gaze.

Soomin was at the corner of the room, eyes staring at the two who just barged in. There was no hint of emotion in her eyes, it was just blank. Junmyeon slowly made his way towards the girl. Sehun stood there, mouth agaped, hand clutching the door knob. He was worried for the girl. Junmyeon gently held on to her arms, pulling her up from her crouch. He guided her back to her bed, putting her back to sleep before leaving the room, dragging Sehun with him. The two made their way back to the living room.

Sehun tugged on Junmyeon's sleeves. He wanted to know what was happening to the girl, it didn't seem like it was the first time Junmyeon saw her in this condition. Sehun thought he had seen her at her worst; but this was different. This was way worse. It was as if she wasn't conscious of her own actions.

"What's happening, hyung? Why is Soomin behaving like that?" Sehun questioned the male, eyebrows contorted into an ugly line. Junmyeon turned to face the younger, staring into his confused eyes. He knew Sehun cared for the girl, more than he liked to admit. He knew that she would have wanted him to know. Junmyeon let out a deep sigh.

"Did Chanyeol or Soomin ever told you how they met?"

Sehun's eyes widened at the abrupt question. He stared at the male, contemplating if he was being serious. He just shook his head, signaling for the older to continue. Junmyeon took a deep breath before he continued.

"They met through a mutual friend." Junmyeon answered with a hint of sadness in his voice. Sehun didn't know what he was going at. Why was his hyung telling him about how they met? Was it even revelant to her condition? He didn't know.

"I don't really know the details of their meeting but there was something weird about it." Junmyeon continued, not looking at the younger but the wooden tiles. His words were vague. Sehun was utterly confused. He was getting impatient as the time passes, he couldn't figure out what was his hyung trying to point out. He was just going around in circles. 

"Weird?" He questioned. 

"Yes, weird." Junmyeon bit his lips. He stared at the younger with careful eyes, observing how the younger would react to his next words. Sehun's frown deepened, it was getting complicated.  Junmyeon swallowed the lump in his throat. Their gazes fixed on the other. The next words that left the older's lips left Sehun in the state of confusion and bewilderment.

 

"He didn't exist."  

 

 

 

He snorted in annoyance at the male's choice of words.

"What does he mean by 'He didn't exist'? I'm right next to you aren't I?" He grumbled under his breath. He shifted his attention from the door to the girl, who was now wide awake. His round eyes lit up with fondness, his smile grew bigger at the sight. She was just adorable in his eyes. 

 

"How are you, my dearest Soomin?" 

 

 


A/N: Helloooooo! Hope you have been enjoying the updates!

gif: https://33.media.tumblr.com/d99eced9a4ab55fac6e8073eb5b0f3bb/tumblr_nrkxqzZRMx1sqy4rjo1_540.gif

 

Luinoo.