Chapter 2

Loyalty

 

"Time solves everything someday

I know it all but pathetically I'm

Again like a fool"

- Until Today; Taemin -

 


 

The scars on her wrist had gone unnoticed for several years. Those were her escape routes from reality, feeling the pain as the blood ooze out from her skin. Never too deep, never too shallow, just enough to leave a memory; a beautiful thin scar. To her, every scar had a meaning. It was something like a diary of displeasure. All she wanted was attention from people she actually cared about, the feeling of being loved; in a family, as a friend, as a lover. No, she gave up on that long ago. But she still craved for that feeling. 
 

The unpleasant thoughts resurfaced as she made her way to her shared apartment with staggered steps. She slowly made her way up the stairway with partially closed eyelids. It was a wonder, how she made it home safely after having few, too many drinks with her friends. They managed to get home safely as Chanyeol was sober enough to drive. He had offered to send her home but she rejected the offer, out of courtesy as their route home were in totally opposite directions, assuring the giant elf that she was sober enough to get home safely. They were receiving stares from people walking along the streets as their soft argument turned into a heated one. Still worried about her well being, Chanyeol dragged her towards a cab. He warned (kind of threatened) the cab driver about getting the girl home safe and sound includes not harassing her in any way. Getting a timid nod from the driver, Chanyeol turned to convince the drunk girl, only to find her staggering her way up the hill. With long strides, he followed her from behind, trying to catch up with her. A slight tug on his arm stopped his movements.


"Let me walk her home. I'll keep her safe, I promise." 

 

Soomin reached into her bag to take the keys out, struggling in her stance, as she was so close to passing out in front of her home. She fumbled with the lock, eyebrows furrowed to an ugly line. The unnoticed figure lurking a distance away from the apartment, his intense stare solely on the girl. She walked into the apartment and closed the door with a soft thud. The figure let out a sigh of relief. He left the apartment lot with heavy steps, not forgetting to inform Chanyeol about her arriving home safely.


===============================

 

"Soo isn't here again huh." Jinhee stated as she sat down at their usual table. Taemi lifted her head from her book and gave a small nod of acknowledgement. "Where does that girl go to every break??"

"I wouldn't know. She's been like that since the first year." Taemi shrugged.

"True. Nevermind about her. My headache is killing me. UGH." Jinhee groaned in frustration.

"I'm feeling alot better already." Taemi hummed in delight. Jinhee casted her a look of disgust, "Please don't tell me that it has something to do with my brother."

"Ding Dong Deng! You got it right!" She cheered, giving her best friend a thumbs up which earned her a grunt of displeasure.

 

 

The soft breeze touched her face as she took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of greens. Her shoulder length hair flowed along the direction of the wind, eyes fluttered closed, eyelashes rested on her defined cheekbones. A small smile played on her lips as she felt the warmth of the sun kissing her pale skin. Her very own sanctuary, the rooftop. No one ever comes to this building of the University because it was believed to be abandoned due to supernatural reasons. But Soomin never did care about the rumours floating around the campus. She just believes facts and statements justified by concrete evidence.

 

However, good things must be shared. 

 

"You're already here. I brought you some food. Your favourites." he mumbled in his usual monotone voice. 

Soomin turned to the intruder, not surprised by his presence at all. She just hummed in response. The two enjoyed each other's company but they'd never admit it out loud. As they say, actions speak louder than words.

The two actually became acquainted thanks to the introduction of a mutual friend. However, unlike their current interaction, their first meeting was filled with awkward silence. They only greeted each other with a slight bow. No smiles, no hand shakes, no words exchanged. Just a bow out of common curtesy.

The second meeting was here, at the rooftop, during their first year of University when Soomin decided to wander around the campus, only to find this mesmerizing place (plus a friend). The courses they enrolled in were completely different, hence, the inability to know about the other's existence in the school. After a few exchange of words, they both knew, they were similar. Serenity, it's something they both longed for.

It became a norm for them to meet up during their lunch break every single day. They knew what they had to know about each other. She herself was surprised at how comfortable and at ease she felt around him.

He was the only one who noticed her scars.
He never once judged her.
He accepted her for who she really was, with open arms.
He was someone dear to her.

 

But no one knew about their meet up, not even their closest friends.

 


The beautiful friendship of Baek Soomin and Oh Sehun was kept a secret until today.


 

 


 

Author's Note:

Hello! It's been awhile since I updated. I was feeling demotivated so I didn't feel like writing anymore. But I had a sudden thought of updating because it's Luhan's birthday! Yes, This was written on the 20th April 2016! Happy Birthday LUHAN! <3 


gif from, <https://45.media.tumblr.com/8353f4574c5452bde4eb00398382d315/tumblr_nit2eoyhSJ1qzh5sno1_r1_500.gif> credits to rightful owner


Okay... It's 3:58AM here but I'm like wide awake. 

As I've said before, the development of the story is rather slow as I was planning to introduce my characters one by one. The introduction would take a longer period of time but, the story will not be draggy! 

Sorry for the rather slow updates. I'll find the motivation to write! I hope to improve my writing skills. So please do leave a comment! It's really much appreciated. I'll reply to every comment! Please do comment, upvote and subscribe if you find this story interesting.

Thank you guyssssssss!! 

Picture credits: to the rightful owner of the gif. <https://49.media.tumblr.com/fa67cb61239f526b74ab1ca5fa3ae7cd/tumblr_nth5zlGKeV1ub0ppqo1_500.gif>

Luinoo.