Chapter 9

In A Deer's Eyes

Jinwoo stared at Mino.

 

The other man’s eyes seemed to pierce right through him.

 

Jinwoo was taken aback by the man’s overbearing presence.

 

In fact, as he stood there with Mino in front of him he realized that it would probably be wise to be a bit weary of the man in regards to the conversation he’d overheard earlier.

 

“I…” Jinwoo began and took a step back, making Mino squint at him.

 

“I just came to talk to you” Jinwoo finished, eyeing the other man closely.

 

Mino stared at him for a long moment before he looked away and grumbled “You should leave.” He said and looked towards the stairs they’d gone down last time and took a step forward.

 

“NO!” Jinwoo exclaimed, throwing his hand up to place on Mino’s chest to stop him, but Mino’s eyes grew big and instead of taking a step forward he threw himself back and away from Jinwoo’s hand.

 

Mino gave him a sideways glance as he pulled away.

 

“Why do you keep doing that?” Jinwoo asked, he was so frustrated with the man’s avoidance.

 

“I… you… you might get hurt” He found some composure and straightened up again.

 

Jinwoo raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Why do you keep saying things like this?” He asked and took a step closer.

 

Mino frowned sourly and turned his face away.

 

Jinwoo felt even more annoyed, he’d forgotten all about being mad at his mother for keeping secrets or Seungyoon for not believing him, and forgotten all about being scared of Mino because of what he’d overheard.

 

He closed the gap between them in a few, determined strides and reached up and grabbed Mino’s head, forcing him to face him.

 

Mino’s eyes grew big, even bigger than before.

 

He violently pulled away to get out of Jinwoo’s touch.

 

He threw all caution to the wind “Why did you threaten Dr. Nam? Why did you mention my name?” His eyes were focused on Mino’s, they darted all over his face in shock.

 

“So it was you?” Mino whispered.

 

“You came just as I was about to leave, I saw you, so I followed you.” Jinwoo didn’t turn away and maintained eye contact.

 

Mino stared at him.

 

“Just forget you ever heard it” he begged in a low voice.

 

“No can do. There are way too many things that are off and weird in my life right now and the fact that you know Dr. Nam, who seems to dislike me a lot despite never having met me before, and the fact that you were having that weird conversation about punishments and laws or whatnot and my name came up.” Jinwoo drew a few steady breaths “Along with my mother keeping something from me… I can’t help but want everyone to stop lying and keeping things from me!” Jinwoo was out of breath, but he felt a little better from his second run in with an anger induced adrenaline kick.

 

Mino said nothing and simply stared at him.

 

Jinwoo kept breathing heavily, he looked up at Mino who’d yet to say anything.

 

“Well?” Jinwoo pestered him, fixing him with an angry glare.

 

“Jinwoo, please don’t do this to me, to yourself.” Mino pleaded.

 

“Do what?” Jinwoo snarled and reached out for Mino again, but the man assertively brushed his hand aside.

 

Mino looked pained, and his brow was furrowed as he seemed to be trying to find a way out.

 

“Mino!” Jinwoo took an aggressive step forward yet again.

 

Mino’s brow furrowed even more.

 

“I can’t do it today. If I do it might cause irreversible damage…” He seemed to be talking only to himself.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?!” Jinwoo bellowed, scaring some crows out of the nearby trees.

 

Mino bit his lip in frustration.

 

“Crap.” Mino his heel and walked away, but Jinwoo came after him, after he made it there, he wasn’t going to let the other get away.

 

“Wait!” Jinwoo followed the other man, and was right on his heel.

 

Mino made for the back of the shrine and towards what looked like a side entrance.

 

“Just wai-“ Jinwoo began and ran in front of him and stood between Mino and the door.

 

“Move” Mino asked sternly.

 

“No.” Jinwoo retorted his arms out to each side to block the man form passing by him.

 

“Move, Jinwoo.” Mino glared at him and took a defiant step forward.

 

“Nope.” Jinwoo raised his eyebrows at the man, who pursed his lips together for an instant before he started forward.

 

Mino knocked into Jinwoo, who latched on and they fell back.

 

“Crap!” Mino gasped and suddenly made some maneuver in mid air so that Jinwoo landed and rolled a few times away from the shrine.

 

Once they stopped Jinwoo was lying on top of Mino who was breathing heavily.

 

Jinwoo looked up at the other man’s face; again he was struck by how handsome the other was.

 

Despite himself, Jinwoo just could not be afraid of Mino.

 

Mino opened his eyes and the two gazed at each other for a moment before Mino averted his gaze by abruptly tuning his head.

 

Jinwoo felt flustered all of a sudden, and he could feel his heart picking up the pace.

 

He could feel Mino breathing, his chest rising and collapsing under him, he gulped, his eyes darted to take in all of the man’s features.

 

“Well… aren’t you cozy…” the words penetrated the silence and Jinwoo jumped to his feet.

 

Mino sat up simultaneously and he and Jinwoo stared at the other man who stood at the top of the stairs, his arms crossed and scowling at the two.

 

Taehyun looked from Jinwoo to Mino, his eyes and posture spoke for him as he stood rooted and said nothing.

 


Oh my... I'm sorry guys for the short chapter, also for posting it late... 

 

Thing is up until chapter 7 (and a half...) I had them written long before publishing, it was so that I had something going while I was doing my paper... Now that I don't have anything lined up things are taking a little longer, also as the plot is escalating, and while I know how I want this story to end I don't know how to get to that ending while tying up all the strings of the story. Thankfully I have my friend who's been helping me sort out my thoughts so I now have a direction...

 

I hope this wasn't too disappointing... see you in a week