Chapter 13

In A Deer's Eyes

!!!!!! READ CHAPTER 12 !!!!!!!

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jinwoo’s eyes were closed as he kissed Mino; but after a little while the sensation faded and he took a step back.

 

His brow furrowed and confusion took over; why had Mino suddenly kissed him? But more importantly why had he gone in for a second kiss?!

 

“Wha-?” Jinwoo began but Mino cut him off also quite flustered.

 

“Ah, um…” he grumbled looking all over trying to search his surroundings for an answer.

 

“Why’d you kiss me?” Jinwoo ask confused, standing perfectly still.

 

“Um… you were kinda hysterical and wouldn’t calm down no matter what I said…” Mino grumbled holding his hands up to defend himself.

 

“Kinda hysterical?!” Jinwoo snarled “You could’ve slapped me.” Jinwoo urged, while Mino’s apparent confusion seemed to increase.

 

“Why would I do that?” Mino asked as if the thought alone was very disturbing to him.

 

“It’s pretty common, cliché thing to do; when someone’s hysterical you give them a slap to the face.” Jinwoo hissed while crossing his arms.

 

“But I don’t want to slap you…” Mino said numbly.

 

Jinwoo stared at him for a little while, now his mind was buzzing again; and after a moment his head started throbbing.

 

“Goddamnit!” He threw his hands up in exasperation; but more than Mino kissing him, why had he kissed Mino?

 

This was a much more important question, and he really couldn’t understand why he’d done it.

 

He took another step back and touched his fingers to his lips; his eyes wearily found Mino’s face in the dimly lit hallway and he couldn’t keep looking at him due to his embarrassed and confused state.

 

“Maybe you should leave.” Jinwoo’s voice was shaky as he said it, but he felt determined.

 

Mino but his lip and for a moment he looked as if he wanted to say something, but changed his mind.   

 

Mino said nothing as he turned around and walked towards the door; the man’s somber figure with his head hanging slightly made Jinwoo feel a little guilty, but he still felt weird so he let the man leave.

 

Jinwoo took a shaky breath and watched as Mino closed the door behind him and he could hear his footsteps as he walked away.

 

For a moment Jinwoo stood in the hallway; there was a sudden noise behind him and he turned around to see Seungyoon rubbing his eyes.

 

“Jinwoo?” His voice was heavy with sleep; strained and pitchy.

 

“You’re up?” Jinwoo had no idea what time it was.

 

“Bathroom” Seungyoon grumbled and waddled past him to the bathroom and disappeared inside.

 

Jinwoo sighed and went back into the living room; he looked at his phone to see the time and it said it was quarter past five in the morning.

 

He sat on the edge of the sofa resting his face in his hands and rubbing his temples with the tips of his fingers.

 

Seungyoon returned; he looked like he was sleepwalking.

 

“Why’re you awake?” Seungyoon yawned, rubbing his face with his whole hand.

 

“Slept too much I guess…” Jinwoo looked at Seungyoon, but the other yawned loudly and grunted his agreement.

 

“Yeah… is’ok if I sleep s’more?” He yawned yet again.

 

“Sure”Jinwoo laughed as he watched Seungyoon lie back down and burry his face in his pillow.

 

He leaned back, resting against the sofa’s backrest.

 

Jinwoo took lifted his phone up again and stared at the screen.

 

He checked his SNS, nothing in particular had happened; some of his friends from school had sent him short messages wondering how he was and wishing a swift recovery.

 

He replied to a few, then he browed the news and read a web comic to pass the time.

 

Time passed and Jinwoo only looked up from his phone when the alarm on Seungyoon’s phone went off at seven.

 

They had breakfast in silence; Jinwoo kept glancing at Seungyoon and out the windows.

 

Once it was nine Jinwoo figured he should head home to get some new clothes.

 

“I’ll go with you” Seungyoon went and got his jacket out “It’s pretty windy” he grumbled peeking out the window.

 

Jinwoo didn’t say anything and just lead the way.

 

“Let’s go by bike” He gestured towards his bicycle that was chained at the bottom of the stairs.

 

“Sure” Jinwoo agreed and followed the other man.

 

With the bike they arrived at Jinwoo’s house sooner than if they’d walked.

 

They went inside and Jinwoo went straight to his room.

 

After changing he went out to find Seungyoon sitting in front of the TV.

 

Jinwoo’s phone started to ring, he found it in his discarded pants and saw that it was from the hospital.

 

“Hello?” He put the phone to his ear.

 

“Mr. Kim, it’s dr. Koo. How are you?” The doctor asked calmly.

 

“Hello, Doctor. I’m fine thank you.” Jinwoo looked up to see Seungyoon watching him.

 

Jinwoo waved at him to dismiss his worries, Seungyoon seemed to accept it and returned his attention to the TV.

 

“That’s good to hear, however Mr. Kim, I’m calling because I have received your medical journal from when you were younger.” Dr. Koo continued as if he was looking at papers while talking to him.

 

“Well, I found something interesting in your journal, which is why I’m calling” he paused for a moment “I would just like to discuss this matter with you, it seems that when you were three you came down with a pretty bad disease.” Dr. Koo fell silent, waiting for Jinwoo’s reply.

 

“I know.” Jinwoo confirmed unaffected.

 

“I see, but do you understand the nature of the disease?” The doctor seemed to be treading carefully.

 

“Wait, do you think my current issues are connected to whatever I had when I was a kid?” Jinwoo asked brashly.

 

“Well, it was indeed a disease that is heavily connected to the eyes; usually one could make a 100% confirmation of the disease’s core after autopsy…” The doctor fell silent yet again.

 

“Doctor, what are you saying?” Jinwoo was dreading the answer, his hand gripped the phone hard and his palm felt clammy.

 

“Well, I’ve never met anyone with your symptoms that made it, your young age, plus location shouldn’t have improved your chances…” The doctor’s voice trailed off again and he seemed to be thinking of what to say or how to say whatever he was thinking.

 

“Doctor, put it to me straight.” Jinwoo’s voice was cold and determined, he was sick of being lied to; there were too many secrets.

 

“Well… looking at the records, you should not be alive, Mr. Kim…” the doctor fell silent, and Jinwoo stared at the wall; he could hear nothing and his body felt stiff, breathing was difficult.

 

“It seems you made a miraculous recovery… like I said it’s a bit strange, but perhaps there was a misdiagnosis; though if that were the case it should say so, but I can’t find anything… perhaps some papers are missing…” The doctor seemed to be rambling while Jinwoo stood frozen in place.

 

“Jinwoo?” Seungyoon peered at his friend, clearly worried since Jinwoo had gone awfully pale.

 

“Doctor… are you saying that I should not be alive?” Jinwoo felt dread in the pit of his stomach.

 

“I’m not going to lie, Mr. Kim, if what your medical journal is correct then, yes, that should’ve been the outcome.” The Doctor’s voice was flat like Jinwoo’s; like he didn’t really want to say it.

 

“Well, what can I say other than I am most definitely alive…” Jinwoo tried to joke to lighten the mood, more for himself than for the doctor.

 

“Indeed. Well, Mr. Kim I will try digging into it a bit more but I’ll have it added to your tests, I’ll call you again once the dates have been determined.” The Doctor said and Jinwoo could again hear the faint sound of papers being shuffled.

 

“Thank you, Doctor.” Jinwoo felt numb and was running on auto-pilot.

 

“I have to go now” Jinwoo felt his voice begin to tremble, and his core was in disarray.

 

“I see, like I said, we’ll call you again.” Dr. Koo seemed a bit taken aback by the others sudden dismissive tone.

 

“Goodbye” Jinwoo closed his eyes as he removed the phone from his ear and his hand slumped to dangle numbly by his side.

 

“Jinwoo!” Seungyoon exclaimed and rushed towards his friend.

 

Jinwoo looked at Seungyoon, watching him as he was moving in slow motion towards him, his voice far away and at the edge of his sight darkened and at that moment he knew what was happening.

 

Jinwoo fell forward into Seungyoon’s arms; he caught him with a loud grunt.

 

“I swear to God” Seungyoon groaned as he managed to hoist Jinwoo onto the couch.

 

Jinwoo opened his eyes, the ceiling above him was not his own; it was white and cold – a hospital.

 

He looked to his sides and saw that the curtains were drawn and the room darkened.

 

He looked to his side and saw the door opening, his heart beating faster his hands formed fists around the sheets underneath him.

 

He swallowed hard and waited; muffled voices could be heard filling the room.

 

Jinwoo opened his eyes slowly and saw Mino leaning over him.

 

After Mino gave him an odd smile Jinwoo looked to his side and saw his mother and father sitting by his bed; his mother was crying, sniffling slightly while his father had a stiff look on his face, but he looked as if he’d start crying at any moment as well.

 

He looked back at Mino who was talking to his parents; he couldn’t hear what he was saying, but as his mother started sobbing loudly, what was being said could not be good.

 

Mino touched his forehead with the palm of his hand “Just relax” he said and Jinwoo felt a sudden wave of confusion flush over him as the tone and body language was similar to that of nurses coming in to do somewhat uncomfortable procedures.

 

“Mum!” Jinwoo cried “Mum! Dad! What’s going on?!” He asked loudly, his voice was strange and faint.

 

“It’ll be over soon” he heard his mother croak.

 

Mino’s hand slid down from his forehead and down over his eyes, blocking his vision.

 

Suddenly his eyes were burning, the pain spread from his eyeballs and deep into the centre of his brain.

 

He screamed, and his body was shaking violently.

 

Someone was calling his name in the distance, he suddenly couldn’t breathe properly, and his head felt like it was going to explode.

 


 

Yo! Since I didn't delete the A/N and just replaced it with the actual chapter there was no notification (I will keep that in mind should I ever have to use an A/N again)... Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter... have I meantioned I enjoy cliches? You'ev probably noticed already! AHAHAH!

 

IF you think this chapter is a mess PLEASE tell me so I can fix it!

 

Comments are love!