Chapter 18

In A Deer's Eyes

”Are you insane?!” Seungyooon bellowed; he’d been standing on the side and watched Jinwoo and Taehyun who’d, to him at least, just been sitting there.

 

“You don’t understand” Jinwoo said looking over at his friend.

 

Seungyoon twitched uneasily as he looked at his friends’ tearstained face.

 

“Mino had put a memory block on him; just now I undid it.” Taehyun gave Seungyoon a quick glance.

 

“What does that even mean?!” Seungyoon asked waving his arms about.

 

“Never mind that, I need to see Mino.” Jinwoo said again and got to his feet.

 

“Careful!” Taehyun exclaimed just as JInwoo rushed up; suddenly Jinwoo got a dizzy spell and swooned.

 

Seungyoon and Taehyun rushed to help him; both men grabbing him from either side, their hands intertwining around Jinwoo’s body.

 

For a split second they looked at each other; Taehyun grimaced so Seungyoon looked away.

 

Taehyun looked t Seungyoon, who was looking and Jinwoo.

 

“Thanks, I’m good.” Jinwoo said calmly as he stood firmly; he grabbed the two men’s hands and removed them from himself.

 

“Where is Mino?” He continued and started for the door.

 

Just as he was about to enter the hallway he turned back.

“How’re you feeling?” He suddenly turned and looked at Taehyun who was standing where Jinwoo had left him and Seungyoon.

 

“Oh, I’m… I’m good.” Taehyun’s tone was slightly sarcastic as he took a few steps forward.

 

“Hold on a second, I don’t think it’s a good idea!” Seungyoon interrupted by stepping in between them.

 

“Wasn’t he the one who locked you up in the basement?!” He looked around at Taehyun who, at a sudden loss for words, simply nodded.

 

“We don’t know what he’s going to do to you!” He continued now looking at Jinwoo.

 

“I don’t think he’s going to do anything to me.” Jinwoo asserted, the way they had parted and just Mino’s reactions to him in general, but he wasn’t sure, so he needed to find out for certain; especially with the hot bubbling in the centre of his chest.

 

“I’m not sure about Taehyun, though” He looked over at the other man, but his face didn’t change.

 

“Don’t feel sorry, it’s my own fault, I know what I’ve done.” Taehyun confessed and gave the two men a weak smile.

 

“So he should stay here then?” Seungyoon jabbed a thumb over his shoulder at Taehyun.

 

“That’s rude.” Jinwoo snorted and turned around fully to face them.

 

“Well you’re not telling me everything, again!” Seungyoon exclaimed unhappily his brow furrowed.

 

“Look, I’m sorry OK? I just don’t’ want you to get hurt!” Jinwoo confessed.

 

“And you think I’m not worried about your safety?! You faint all the time! What if you faint somewhere and hit your head in a bad way?!” Seungyoon gestured wildly about as he was trying to get his truthfulness through.

 

“Somehow” Jinwoo began and looked over at Taehyun “I don’t think that’s going to be much of a problem anymore?” He wasn’t sure; it was just a hunch.

 

“Taehyun, do you have any idea where he might be?” Jinwoo asked determinedly.

 

“I suppose he would be at the shrine” He looked at the watch on the wall “He must have returned now.” He added while sitting back down.

 

“I’ll start there” Jinwoo his heel and walked briskly towards the door.

 

“Wait!” Seungyoon yelled and reached out while taking a few steps forward.

 

“No, you stay here with Taehyun in case something happens.” Jinwoo

 

“But what if Mino does something to you?” Seungyoon protested.

 

“He won’t, anyways you heard Taehyun, he can’t do the memory thing without scrambling my brains.” Jinwoo said lightheartedly.

 

“That’s what I’m worried about; pushing it now might force him to say that scrambling your brains is the only option.” Seungyoon tried

 

“He won’t:” Jinwoo smiled a little as he walked to the door.

 

“Seriously, just wait here I’ll be back before you know it.” Jinwoo swaggered out the door and headed for the forest, oddly his mind was clearer than it had been for a long time.

 

Hurrying along he arrived at the shrine only slightly out of breath.

 

He looked around, but as usual he saw no one.

 

“Mino!” He called holding a hand to the side of his mouth.  

 

He walked towards the shrine and called the name again.

 

“Jinwoo.” Mino said flatly from behind him.

 

“Seriously you’ve got to stop doing that.” Jinwoo clutched his heart for a moment before he regained himself.

 

He turned to look at the man, the shrine god that had cured him, been with him as he grew up and then wiped his memories so that it was as if he didn’t exist.

 

“What are you doing here?” Mino seemed nervous as he kept looking around, you’d think he was keeping an eye out for sudden attacks.

 

“Oh you know…” Jinwoo lazily put his hands behind his back, gripping one hand with the other and wandering towards the other man.

 

“Just hanging around… for old times’ sake…” Jinwoo tried being as sarcastic as possible as he wanted to see the reaction n Mino’s face once he realized that he’d gotten all his memories back.

 

“I don’t understand…” Mino said, his eyes were wildly darting from side to side.

 

“What are you looking for?” Jinwoo asked blankly, though he had an idea about what Mino was looking for.

 

“Look Jinwoo, now’s really not a good time.” Mino tried o brush the other off, but since Jinwoo knew why he smiled broadly and fixed Mino with a look.

 

Jinwoo smiled, it was a taunting one and he was having trouble trying not to laugh.

 

“Taehyun won’t be a problem anymore.” Jinwoo watched as it didn’t sink in with Mino.

 

“Look, I need to do something fir-“ Mino stopped, and his face went from distraught, to blank, to horrified in seconds while Jinwoo watched.

 

“What?! You met Taehyun?!” Mino came rushing forward and grabbed both of Jinwoo’s arms and looked him up and down.

 

“Look, I’m not hurt, don’t worry.” Jinwoo reassured him with a small laugh.

 

“But how?!” Mino asked under his breath.

 

“Oh, I came here looking for you, looking for answers…” Jinwoo drawled watching Mino’s panicked expression.

 

“Couldn’t find you, found a way in, that’s where I found Taehyun. I got him out he owed me one…” Jinwoo continued to wacth Mino’s shocked expression and saw that he became paler and paler.

 

Jinwoo wiggled his arm out of Mino’s grip, and he placed his hand on the others’ chest.

 

His caress was telling; he let his palm slide over Mino’s chest and up towards his shoulder.

 

Mino didn’t notice at first; but after Jinwoo’s hand touched the exposed skin on his neck he looked down at the hand touching him.

 

He then looked at Jinwoo’s face and saw the searching look in his eyes, and the warmth of his smile.

 

“Jinwoo?” Mino now looked into his eyes and suddenly his hands flew up to touch Jinwoo’s head.

 

His eyes grew large and his lip started trembling before he gaped wordlessly.

 

“You’re memo-“ he stopped himself, his hands fell onto Jinwoo’s shoulder’s gripping them.

 

Jinwoo wriggled his other arm up and under Mino’s arm and wrapped his hands behind Mino’s neck.

 

“Taehyun owed me, so I had him remove your little block…” Jinwoo’s voice was light and flirty, he untangled his fingers and brought one hand into Mino’s hair.

 

“So you…” Mino’s eyes were darting all over Jinwoo’s face.

 

“Remember everything?” Jinwoo smirked, his smile was crooked and he brought his other hand to Mino’s face to caress his cheek.

 

“Frankly, I’m actually pissed right now” Jinwoo eyes became slits as he pinched Mino’s cheek.

 

Mino’s face became pale.

 

“Mino I want you to be honest with me.” Jinwoo grabbed Mino’s face with both hands and stared him down.

 

Mino’s eyes were still darting all over Jinwoo’s face; he gulped and opened his mouth wordlessly.

 

“Honesty is your best bet.” Jinwoo said through gritted teeth.

 

“But…” Mino began uncertainly.

 

“Mino, I spent a lot of time with you, and the fact that you made such a profound decision against my will….” Jinwoo urged the other his hands squeezing Mino’s face into weird grimaces.

 

“But your life is limited…” Mino said in a low whisper.

 

“Honestly you think I care about that?!” Jinwoo’s voice pitched and he felt a sense of frustration bubble up.

 

“I loved you…!” Jinwoo’s eyes filled with tears “and I still love you, no matter what you say or do that won’t change you big idiot!” Jinwoo shook Mino lightly.

 

Mino’s eyes locked on Jinwoo’s, he bit his lip a little; he then turned his head to the side as if trying to regain himself.

 

“Mino! Be honest!” Jinwoo begged.

 

“I couldn’t rob more of your life from you.” Mino’s voice was chocked and he tore his eyes from Jinwoo’s.

 

“Don’t do this.” Jinwoo begged, and held onto Mino’s head and tried to bring his face back to facing him.

 

“Please?” Jinwoo’s voice was strained and he managed to pull Mino’s face towards himself and he got up and inched closer and closer; he could feel Mino’s breath on his face and he his lips in before he pressed them to Mino’s.

 

Jinwoo leaned back and looked at Mino’s face; he was red all over like a tomato.

 

Jinwoo couldn’t help but chuckle at how obvious Mino’s reactions were.

 

“Now say it” Jinwoo urged patting and caressing Mino’s face.

 

Mino looked at him for a second and then looked away; he took a deep breath and faced Jinwoo again.

 

“Jinwoo, for a long time I was oblivious to your feelings…” Mino began darkly.

 

“Uhu-!” Jinwoo replied then waited for Mino to continue.

 

“And I didn’t believe you for a long time… and yet as you grew older and you grew out of being a little kid… it started to become harder and harder for me to overlook you and your… advances.” Mino gulped as if he was remembering something.

 

“But you were so young still, and you had a life to live, a shorter life than most! I couldn’t take that away from you!” Mino’s pace quickened, he seemed desperate to tell Jinwoo all the reasons he’d used to convince himself that what he’d done was right.

 

“You could have a wife and children until the day I would come to claim you! I just wanted you to be happy.” Mino’s voice cracked a little as he grabbed Jinwoo, his hands gripping and squeezing Jinwoo’s shoulders.

 

“Is that really what you want?” Jinwoo frowned at him, his hands squeezing the other’s face again.

 

Mino simply stared at him as if he didn’t understand what he was saying.

 

“Mino, do you really want me to be happy with someone else?” Jinwoo was growing tired; beating around the bush was not an option here.

 

Jinwoo raised his eyebrows to prompt Mino into answering.

 

When Jinwoo asked Mino’s face became stiff and he clenched his jaw unhappily.

 

Again, Jinwoo could practically see the man thinking.

 

After a long while waiting in silence Mino’s eyes seemed determined as he gazed into Jinwoo’s; he reached up and caressed Jinwoo’s face, letting his hand slide along his cheek and watching with tender eyes as Jinwoo leaned his head into the touch.

 

“No” was all he said in a low grumble as he looked at Jinwoo.

 

Jinwoo flashed a smile at him and Mino’s lips moved suddenly and he swiftly leaned in, tilting his head to the side as he pressed his lips against the others’.

 

Jinwoo moved his hands from caressing Mino’s face to the back of his head where he pulled him into the kiss as his fingers played amongst his dark locks.

 

Mino groaned as he parted his lips to Jinwoo’s lower lip into his mouth to take the kiss a step further.

 

Jinwoo came all the way in and the moment his body collided soflt with Mino’s he felt a shudder run down his spine as he could feel the man’s movements against his own body.

 

“I’m sorry” Mino broke the kiss to whisper against Jinwoo’s lips.

 

“I love you.” He whispered and started kissing Jinwoo again.

 

Jinwoo was so happy he could cry, the exuberance from the kiss spread a hot wave all through his body and it started to tingle all over.

 

“You’re an idiot” Jinwoo chortled in a strained voice on the verge of tears.

 

Mino decided to say nothing and instead he let his hand roam down Jinwoo’s back and wrapped it around the man’s waist, pulling him in.

 

  


 

HEEEEEY!

Long time no see!  I am so, so sorry that it took a while... quite frankly I've been very busy and tired, and I've been sitting on this for a while and though I'm not 100% satisfied, I would like to move on to other things and I don't want to keep people waiting much longer... though you've already been waiting for a while.

 

Like awlays if you feel there are too many inconsistencies do tell me, and also what would help :P

 

There's just a little but more before this fic is completed, though we already got some closure here ;) I hope everyone found it satisfying... *worried*

 

Anways, see you in the final chapter, it's just a lill' tidbit almost but I had to :P