Chapter 11

In A Deer's Eyes

Jinwoo sat on the edge of his bed, his brain still buzzing like crazy.

 

He’d followed Seungyoon to the bar and left him there and walked back home to find his house empty with a note on the kitchen table telling him that his mother had gone to the mainland to shop and visit a friend and would return the following day.

 

He called her and she was very relieved that Seungyoon had found him and that he was now safe, he even promised not to leave on any more adventures, at least until she came back.

 

He got up and walked into the living room and sat down in front of the TV without turning it on.

 

He sat there, feeling his head pound, so he got up and went to get some painkillers and a glass of water.

 

He returned, and sat down and leaned back.

 

“I say, you lead a relaxed life…”

 

Jinwoo bolted up and turned his head so fast he could’ve given himself whiplash.

 

Taehyun sat next to him his pointing fingers and thumb pressed together and supporting his chin while his other fingers were folded.

 

“Jesus, you almost scared me to death!” Jinwoo wheezed, clutching at his chest.

 

“You deserve it.” Taehyun said, his face didn’t change as he said it.

 

“What the hell did I do?!” Jinwoo yelled.

 

Taehyun gave him a sideways glance.

 

“Anyways” He avoided the subject completely.

 

“I’m here to ask you something.” Taehyun continued looking straight ahead again.

 

Jinwoo sighed “What?”.

 

“That… friend of yours…” He began, he almost sounded uncertain.

 

“Seungyoon?” Jinwoo frowned as he looked at the man sitting next to him.

 

“Seungyoon…” Taehyun mumbled, obviously just repeating it to himself.

 

 “Why are you curious about him?” Jinwoo asked puzzled.

 

“What?” Taehyun looked at him.

 

“Why are you so curious about Seungyoon?” Jinwoo repeated, he remembered that Seungyoon at least had no knowledge of Taehyun, so why the case would be completely opposite for the other, he couldn’t help but be curious.

 

“It… It’s nothing!” Taehyun insisted, but his cheeks seemed to flush.

 

Jinwoo frowned yet again.

 

“Whatever.” Jinwoo felt tired and he didn’t feel like interrogating the other for something seemingly stupid.

 

Taheyun returned the frown and as he looked away he sighed.

 

“Augh! My head hurts!” Jinwoo complained and lay back down.

 

“Stop thinking then…” Taehyun suggested without giving JInwoo as much as a glance.

 

“Has anyone ever told you you’re a cold bastard?” Jinwoo snarled at him with his eyes shut.

 

“Not in those exact words, no.” Taehyun retorted calmly.

 

“Well at least you’re honest.” Jinwoo snorted, brining his hand up to his face to massage his temples.

 

Taehyun said nothing and the two simply sat in silence.

 

“Is that why you came here?” Jinwoo asked in a low voice.

 

“Hm?” Taehyun replied absentmindedly.

 

“Just to ask about Seungyoon?” Jinwoo continued he turned his head and saw about half of the other man’s face.

 

He watched as the other man’s jaw tightened.

 

“Ah…” Taehyun sighed loudly “ Well… it’s important to keep an eye on possible… problems… I should go now” he said nonchalantly and got to his feet.

 

Jinwoo raised his brows and watched as the man walked towards the door.

 

“Wait…” Jinwoo said abruptly and stood up.

 

“What do you mean problem, you’re not going to hurt him are you?” Jinwoo felt a little panicked thinking what this supposed criminal or former criminal, he still had to figure this out, could be capable of hurting his friend.

 

Hurt him?!” Taehyun seemed shocked at the very idea.

 

The look on the man’s face was puzzling to Jinwoo.

 

“Well, that time, when I overheard your conversation with Mino he said something about a punishment…” Jinwoo tread cautiously, he didn’t know what the man was capable of.

 

Taehyun turned to look at him, and Jinwoo couldn’t read his facial expression at all.

 

Suddenly Taehyun frowned and looked away.

 

“It’s best if I leave” He said simply, his voice flat.

 

“Wait!” Jinwoo reached out to stop him, his hand closed on the sleeve of Taehyun’s jacket and suddenly Jinwoo felt the ground disappear underneath his feet and his body was jerked violently form side to side, he held on tight to Taehyun and suddenly they came to an abrupt holt and Jinwoo fell to the ground and he twisted his foot as he collapsed onto the damp forest ground.

 

“Stupid human!” Taehyun bellowed sitting up straight clutching the side of his head.

 

“Wha-? What happened? Where are we?!” Jinwoo asked in a high pitched voice, he looked around at the dark forest that surrounded them, looked to the canopies above; they were so dense they hardly let any light in.

 

Taehyun got to his feet and dusted himself off.

 

“Look at what you’ve done!” Taehyun snarled at him.

 

“Me? How could I do this?!” Jinwoo asked incredulously, he threw his arms out and gestured to everything around them.

 

“If you hadn’t grabbed me, I wouldn’t have steered off course!” He retorted wildly.

 

“What? Look I’ve no idea what just happened, how did we end up here?!” Jinwoo’s head was starting to ache again.

 

Taehyun groaned in frustration.

 

“I knew it, it was always a bad idea to meddle with you…” He grumbled and shot Jinwoo an icy glare.

 

“Well you to!” Jinwoo snarled back.

 

“Excuse me?!” Taehyun puffed up his chest and took a threatening step towards the other man.

 

“Why do you keep blaming me all the time?!” Jinwoo was also getting frustrated.

 

“Why? Why, because you are always at fault!” Taehyun jabbed a pointy finger at him.

 

“What the hell did I do?!” Jinwoo shot back, the adrenaline pumping through his body urging him into attack.

 

“First of all, you were born!” Taehyun yelled.

 

“That’s not my fault!” Jinwoo retorted.

 

Taehyun grew angrier.

 

“True, those wretched parents of yours!” Taehyun continued.

 

“My parents again? What could they possibly have done?! They’re much older than you, and…” Jinwoo began but he was cut off by an angry Taehyun.

 

“Older than me?!” He yelled at the top of his lunges, his eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

 

“You can’t be much older than me!” Jinwoo proclaimed pressing his palm to his chest.

 

“Dear child, I am hundreds of years old!” Taehyun exclaimed in anger.

 

“What?” Jinwoo’s adrenaline kick dried out, it was like getting drenched in cold water.

 

“You heard me! I’ve lived for hundreds of years. I knew your grandmother and her mother as well! I’ve seen this country through war, disaster and whatnot and yet you, you sniveling brat dear to challenge me?!” Taehyun took another step towards Jinwoo who shrank back in shock.

 

Taehyun raised his hand and reached for Jinwoo, his fingers started to change colour and shape, soon they were talons reaching for Jinwoo; they came closer and closer to his face.

 

Jinwoo only saw the sharp claws as they closed in on him, his head was throbbing and he was so scared he couldn’t move.

 


 

Hope you've enjoyed this short chapter!

 

Comments are love!