Chapter 14

In A Deer's Eyes

Jinwoo woke, screaming at the top of his lungs with a terrified Seungyoon frantically holding him.

 

As their eyes met Jinwoo could see his friend’s frightened plea for his wellbeing.

 

Jinwoo stopped screaming, panting hard and clutching at his chest.

 

He reached out and grabbed Seungyoon’s hands trying to find his voice, but his throat was dry and painful from screaming.

 

His friend’s eyes were large and transfixed on him; he swallowed a few times but not much happened so he closed his eyes for a moment.

 

“Jesus Christ, man!” Seungyoon wheezed, falling onto the floor leaving one arm in Jinwoo’s tight grasp and bringing the other to his face where he rubbed his face.

 

“Water” Jinwoo wheezed, squeezing the other’s arm tightly before releasing him.

 

“Sure. Sure.” Seungyoon looked exhausted, naturally he must be frightened by what had just happened, but so was Jinwoo.

 

Seungyoon returned with a bottle of water and Jinwoo grabbed it hurriedly and chugged large amounts.

 

He gasped for air after letting the bottle fall, it was now only quarter full.

 

His head was still throbbing and he reached up; when his fingers touched his hair he felt that it was soaked, feeling this, his senses tingled and he could feel that he was in fact clammy all over.

 

“Crap” He croaked, his voice gruff.

 

“Dude, are you sure you’re OK? You were screaming your head off just now!” Seungyoon sat down again, his face was kind go pale Jinwoo noticed.

 

“I don’t know man… I had this crazy dream. I think… maybe… Mino did something to me…” He grumbled aloud.

 

“What?” Seungyoon piped in, he frowned and his concern was showing plainly on his face.

 

“Look, I don’t know what’s going on either! It’s all seriously ed up!” Jinwoo sighed deeply, shaking his head.

 

Jinwoo’s phone started ringing.

 

“You take it” Jinwoo gestured towards Seungyoon.

 

Seungyoon shrugged and took the phone “It’s your mother” He said and looked at Jinwoo.

 

“Just tell her I’m sleeping or something” Jinwoo dismissed him.

 

Seungyoon put the phone to his ear after accepting the call.

 

“Mrs. Kim” He greeted her like normal.

 

“Seungyoon? Where is my son?” She sounded worried.

 

“Don’t worry, he is resting right now and told me to answer if anyone called. Should I go and wake him?” Seugyoon lied, his eyes on Jinwoo who nodded approvingly.

 

“No, no that’s alright.” She seemed a bit flustered “Anyways, I called to say that I won’t be home until the evening. So I guess I’ll be leaving my son in your care.” She laughed a little at the end.

 

“No worries, Mrs. Kim.” Seungyoon produced his service attitude and put her at ease.

 

“Good bye” she said and Seungyoon also bid her good bye and hung up.

 

“Your mum’s coming back later this evening.” He promptly told Jinwoo who seemed anxious.

 

“I see” He mumbled under his breath.

 

Jinwoo let his mind wander for a moment, trying to figure out his next step and his mind wandered back to the dimly lit hallway in the early morning where his lips had met Mino’s.

 

He shook his head to clear the vivid image from his mind.

 

“Look, you’re clearly not well. You should stay in bed for the rest of the day at least” Seungyoon looked determined as he said it, but as Jinwoo’s mind was churning he concocted other plans.

 

If Mino did something to him, but Mino is responsible for punishing Taehyun for a crime he committed. Was Taehyun’s crime trying to injure him? It had to be because Mino had said Taehyun was being punished. But if Mino was the one who instigated Taehyun attempts to injure him then… Jinwoo felt a wave of guilt wash over him, why should Taehyun be punished for something Mino created, his conflicting emotions made his head spin.

 

“It’s not fair!” Jinwoo bellowed and got to his feet, shocking Seungyoon.

 

“Hey, be careful! Standing up so suddenly… you could faint again!” Seungyoon pouted clearly displeased and confused.

 

“Also what are you yelling for?” Seungyoon stood up and placed his hands on Jinwoo’s shoulder and started to push him down and back onto the sofa.

 

Jinwoo resisted him and looked his friend straight in the eye.

 

“Look, a lot of weird had gone down lately, and now I feel like I might be on the brink of something!” Jinwoo felt his entire body go tense with his strong intent and desire to convince his friend.

 

“Well sure, I guess, but I mean, you’re not well Jinwoo.” Seungyoon’s entire body language and voice screamed his concern: the way he slowly walked towards him with his hands outstretched.

 

“No, I need to talk to Mino now!” Jinwoo had made up his mind, but he also wanted Seungyoon to come with him just in case.

 

“Mino!?” Seungyoon exclaimed in disbelief “You just said that he might have done something to you! What the hell are you gonna go after him for?!” Seungyoon was the voice of reason; but Jinwoo’s frustration with being lead behind the light had out grown his common sense.

 

Instead he wondered exactly how he’d get the other to join him, but seeing the worry in his friend’s face, Jinwoo figured he could just walk out and Seungyoon would follow him.

 

Jinwoo his heel and started towards the door.

 

“Where are you going?!” Seungyoon yelled but stood completely still.

 

“I’m going to find Mino, I already told you.” Jinwoo was determined as he continued forward without looking back.

 

“But!” Seungyoon tried to find words that could stop the other, but he couldn’t and while muted he hurriedly followed Jinwoo who was already out the door.

 

He has to be there!” Jinwoo thought to himself as he walked briskly towards the forest, Seungyoon at his heels.

 

“Jinwoo! Stop! This is not safe for you!” Seungyoon complained loudly as he followed him into the forest.

 

Jinwoo decided to ignore his friend’s protests and marched off towards the shrine.

 

Seungyoon had been able to maintain the same pace as Jinwoo up until the small staircase leading up to the shrine; as the two men began climbing the steps Seungyoon soon fell behind and Jinwoo was the first to see the building as it rose above the hill top.

 

The shrine was bathed in blotches of sunlight that wasn’t blocked by the leaves on the trees surrounding it.

 

Jinwoo looked around but it seemed completely deserted.

 

“Come on!” He hissed at Seungyoon who just made it over the top step.

 

“Wait! There’s no one here!” Seungyoon tried to argue with him, but the other was unstoppable.

 

Jinwoo made his way around to the side of the Shrine; as he rounded a corner he saw a small door in the wall.

 

Jinwoo felt a wave of determination but as he reached out to open the door a sense of hesitation came over him.

 

“Jinwoo! Let’s go back!” Seungyoon appeared behind him, and Jinwoo again found his determination and grabbed what looked like a handle and pulled.

 

The door swung open to reveal a small room; Jinwoo lowered his head and stepped inside.

 

Looking around there was nothing particularly interesting about the room.

 

Jinwoo saw the door on the other wall and made his way towards it.

 

“Jinwoo!” Seungyoon hissed at him from the doorway.

 

“Come on!” Jinwoo snarled back as he opened the next door.

 

Jinwoo disappeared inside while Seungyoon grumbled for a few moments before he held his breath and followed his friend in.

 


 

I hope everyone enjoyed last weekends double update... sadly no double updates this week, but an on time chapter is now here!

 

Comments are love!