Chapter 1

Recrudescene

Recrudescene chapter one

Sometimes I can hear them breathing, all of them.They feel like they are right next to me. I can see their faces in the shadows.Watching but never saying a word.Its as if their not even truly here.I reach out but only can grasp at air.

“Hey freak, what you looking at?” they taunted.And the shadow blew away into the crisp winter wind.

“Nothing.” I have dreams-No- nightmares about them.The faces that constantly lurk in the shadows.When i was younger, i believed them to be my imaginary friends but as i grew up i realized they were not no longer imaginary and definitely not my friends. They were almost the same but not.Each one had a defined physical characteristic that stuck out like a sore them.They were like a sore in reality.They just fester and eat away at me with their harsh gaze.They follow me in my sleep and in my time awake.There was no escape.

Maiden...

Thats what they called me.They were so beautiful yet haunting.I was diagnosed with schizophernia when i was 8.They bumped my medication up to the highest they could with out killing me and they never disappear. Sometimes my body felt dizzy and light and almost as if i wasn’t even there.They blamed it as side effects of my high dosage of medication.

“what did you say? Hey freak, dont you hear us talking to you? The boys voice was nearer than before.

Keep walking young maiden...

Some would say its was a gift to have something guide your every move and action but to me it was a curse.

“ so, now your blind too.” A tight grip ripped me back into reality.

Defend yourself.

My arm quickly swatted his hand from my shoulder.It was definitely going to bruise.I hated moments like this when movements arent my own.

“Back off.” Or when my words werent.

“Fine, don't need to get your in a bunch , .” He said putting his hands up in surrender before walking back to his friends.His ignorance was making my headache worse, great.

Your too up tight you should be more like us.

Right, if i were ever like them i would be sitting in salutary confinement in some mental Asylum.judgemental and violent were what they were.For such pretty girls they had horrible personalities.They never tell me their names or where their from.But what should I expect their just fragments of my imagination created to cause me torture.

We’re not here to torture you just to help until they arrive.

I gritt my teeth as i kicked up a patch of snow on the sidewalk.Until they arrive, that always what they say.They said that when they made me punch erin miller in the face, or skip school to go to some random forest to watch the trees. i silently unlocked the front door and slammed it shut before running up stairs to my room to discard my clothes.

“Aurelie , can u come down stairs for a moment.” My dad was home early this year. Usely he took off duty leave from the army in march.its not that i dont like having my dad around., its just that he can be a bit to intense when it came to my disorder.

“you need me?” i asked opening up the refridegrator to get something to eat.

“ just wondering if you took your medicine today.”he said turning off the tv.

“ yah.” i said taking out the eggs.

“ are u dizzy uhm... Are they gone.”he was a bit hesitant.

“ I have a slight headache but no dizzyness.And yes they are still right here, dad.” I flipping over the omelet.

“ well... There’s this new doctor named .. Mr.Finnick.. He specializes in your disorder.. I was wondering if you’d like to see him for a session.”

Eww... No way...Not another one of those therapy sessions..

I paused sighing before placing the omlet on my plate.

“ what kind of session?” “ you now the really basic questions just to see how your mind works.”

i said taking a bite before quickly throwing it back up in the trash.

You know i hate tomatoes kora.

“ you allright?” he said studying me.

“ yah , i just dont think i seasoned it right.so when he coming?”i ask.

“ well see thats the thing. he’s located in Holland.”

“ Holland!” i exclaimed

“ but hes a miracle worker.think about it , a life free of those demons.” he said trying to stop me front leaving.

“ i think im a bit dizzy ill got rest for a bit.” i didnt want to here anymore.Thats what my dad said the last 2 times we flew to different countires in hopes of a special anidote to cure this “diease”.

“who are you?” she squeaked playfully from behind the trunk of a beautiful canopy.To her it was just a game.

“ im a friend.” the man said

“ a friend of mine? No sir i believe you must be mistaken as I would remember such a handsome face in my realm.” she said giggling as she skipped between the bushes to another tree trunk to hide behind.

“ what duty calls you here?” her curiosity was getting the best of her.

“ im here to take you away, far far away.” He said

“ to where?” she said now she was interested.

“ to a kingdom down south.” he smiled

“ and why would a beautiful freshly ripened girl like me go away from her home with you?” she said swinging her legs along the tree branch she sat on

“ Because, I'm going to make you fall in love with me.” She laughed at such a forward remark.

“ well then, good luck courting me .” she said disappearing into the shadows of the now darkened forest.the trees in the canopy began to creak and the roots at the bottom of the forest floor sprung up whipping.The branches curled up blocking the exit crushing anything below.the man was grapped by the branches that swirled cutinf his limbs til blood oozed out.

“ because who would ever want to court the death maiden...” she said as the vines of the trees made a safe path away from the woods.

My headache was worse and my dizzyness was so bad i coould not see through the blur in my eyes.My pajamas were soaked in sweat.i stripped out of my clothes before heading to the shower.My head was throbbing and pounding.i had to hold onto the shower head to stand up straight.i quickly jumped out of the shower and wipped the fog from the shadow to only see. a face un known to me staring at me.

“ get out of my head!” I yelled.

Poor maiden once they find you this will all be over.

“ i never understand anything you ever say.” i ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

We all went through it just calm down maiden except that your special.

“ well at the moment i dont want to be me.” i began frantically searching threw drawers until i found them.scissors.

“ i can change me i can cut my hair or dye it.then I'll be different.” No!

Of course , it was as if i had forgotten about their control over my body.before the scissors could finally cut off the curl i wanted the control over my body was gone as well as my presence as i out.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Luhan awoke startled.His bed sheets were moist from sweat.he brushed his hair back away from his face before slowly getting out off bed to put on his uniform.Someone had began frantically knocking on his door.

“ just a minute.” he quietly called lazyily slipping his jacket on.Who ever was outside the door continued hurriedly knocking on luhans door.Luhan sighed slowly walking over to the door with his eyes barely open and twisting the knob.

“wha-” “A districts perimeter has been breached sir.”luhan was now fully awake. “ Lord sehun and kai are front line right now.” luhan pushed past the officer rushing to elipse tower with the officer in Pursuit.

“ what breached perimeter?” luhans speed walking had tuened into a sprint “ uhm chanyeol sir...believes...uhm-” luhan was becoming irritable.

” what?” he pressed “ it maybe shadow walkers.” luhan halted mid sprint to stare at the officer for confirmation.

“Get all guards in the elipse tower now!” luhan began barking orders “ I want every available fit man out there now.” luhan barged through the heavy doors to the ellipse tower.it was the highest tower in jubai.he could see it. The dark shadows covering district 6 in a smog that no one can see through.

“ what is going on down there.”he whispered.

Just on time chanyeol barged in. “ why aren't you on first line?” luhan questioned.He wanted to know why their was a black cloud surrounding the 6th district.

“ no one can see through the smog , its best to keep me away, the flames from my fire will make it worse.” chanyeol commented leaning on the side of the window to see the cloud that was growing and becoming darker.

“ have you been down there yet?”

“ yah, you can't see .” kyungsoo was know here and ready to give his imput.

“ well , whats kai and sehun doing if they cant see anything?” luhan was living a nightmare.There hasnt been an attack since that day.

“ sehun is trying to disperse the smoke but it's too thick and kai is getting people to safety so they can get medical attention.” chanyeol sighed.He hated standing and watching.He wanted to be on front line.

“ where’s lay?” kyungsoo asked

“ down there.” He pointed.

“ why is he out near the field?” luhan hissed. The guards insolence will get lay killed. “ the people need medical attention , luhan.Most of the peoples lungs are filled with debris and smoke.” chanyeol argued.

“ But whats worse, A injured civilian or a dead medic?luhan began strapping on his armor.

“ where’s the shadow?” luhan was ready to go head on in.

“ no one knows we cant see remember?”chanyeol was getting worried.The return of a shadow only meant one thing.The dark was ready to rise again and the new successor is ripened.

“ we need to find the new sucessor.A month ago rumors were spreading about the rise of the shadows and now we’ve had our first attack in over two thousand years.” chanyeol began ripping books from the shelves placing them in huge stacks on the tables.

“ weve already searched over 13 galaxies for her.she’s been hidden under detection for over two thousand years.she may have died already.” kyungsoo refused to look at another map.

“ she’s not dead.she cant be. We can’t afford to fail again.Peace has been stable we dont need another war.” luhan grabbed his knives pocketing them in his hulster.

“ the people want their rightful queen and the shadows are itching for another war in hopes that darkness will reign again.If we don't find her soon, the people will be our next enemy.”chanyeol suggested flipping through the pages.

“ the kindom is a three legged stool. The people, nobles, and the queen.If we lose one more leg we fall.” he said closing the book placing it under his arm before storming out of the tower.

“ im going down front line.” luhan said ignoring chanyeols irrational behavior.

” you hold up here.” Kyungsoo simply waved him off before taking a sip of ambrosia. Something he hasn't had in centuries.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

“ Women and children only for now!” kai said before disappearing into a puff of smoke with a woman and two children.chanyeol was right about the smog.it covered the entire area and you could not open your eyes to see where your going.the smog was not lighting up and sehun knew he would working all night.sehun was beyond pissed and warned luhan about this before.

“ im going to need everyone to clear out of this area.” the civilians were making it worse.As guard many looked up to them for support but right now he needed to focus on this cloud not engulfing the entire city of jubai. Kai shortly returned but was quick to leave with another family in hand.it was basically like he was alone.The shadow walker was still walking around the city but no one could see.He had not heard anything about its location as of yet.where the hell are they? Sehun his monitor and contacted lay.

“ lay do you copy?”

“ yes copy that.”

“ whats going on in section 8?” he had to yell for lay to hear him over the howling of the wind.

“ we have med bay set up and kai is dropping off people every millisecond. We may not have enough room to sustain everyone's injuries at the moment.hows everything working out in section 2?”

“ the smog is at the deepest and darkest in this secound.it maybe the heart of smog but its not lighting up even with my best efforts.”

“kai said thats the last of the women and children and now he has to tend to the men before he can help with the smog.lay out.”sehun through the ear pierce from his ear.He was basically on his own.But he was the best warrior so he will make it through.suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“ im going to find the shadow walker.” luhan said giving him a thumbs up before taking off into the darkness.

“ just don't die.”

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

“Aurelie.”

Silence.

“Aurelie, how do you feel.” when I opened my eyes and was met with my bedroom ceiling.

“Can u move?” he asked.I tried to get up but i was too exhausting.

“ hey hey dont move too fast.”her dad said slowly pushing her back into the bed.

“ you should rest , you were knocked out for almost a whole day.” “ im sorry.”

“ is it the headaches?”She slowly nodded.”We'll , I'll see if dr.Brauners can slow down on the medication but for now rest.”He said before getting up and leaving the room. I just laid there quietly enjoying the sould of my heartbeat.For once my voices werent there.

You really frightened us .we truly though you were dead...Truely but your little distress signal should help lead them too you so i guess all is well...your so right cicely..

“ugh!” I screamed but was muffled by my pillow

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

“Thankfully due to sehun the smog is gone but the destruction is already done.The people will soon riot and want an explanation and I've had about a dozen nobles interrupt my breakfast this morning over the conflict.”xuimin harshly through down contracts and statements.

“ said so easily by someone who wasn't even their last night-” chanyeol started.

“ Baekhyun and I were on a scouting trip if your lazy decided to come al-”

“ that's enough! This not the time to be arguing like children.”luhan was not in the mood.sehun barged through the meeting and to say that sehun was unhappy about the events that unfolded yesterday was an understatement.

“ I specifically warned you about the costs of looking for that wench.” sehun voice rang out around the room.” No one ever listens to me, do you want history to repeat itself again.

“ of course not. No one does.”

“ Then why do I get a distress signal at 18 hundred hours of a shadow walker infiltrating the market in bristal.

“sehun calm down.”lay suggested and xuimin stretched out on the couch and closed his eyes.

“ Darkness is coming and this time im not sticking around to see it rule again.i wont be a pawn again.”

“ There was another distress signal from oritha at time.Kai,lay, and xuimun will go down their and check it out.”baekhyun waved sehuns attitude off.

“ Are you out of your minds!”

“ i had no other choice, sehun.” luhan exclaimed.

“ All to pick up some useless reincarnation that will turn on us.” sehun huffed.

“ she will show the people hope and keep the peace.” luhan closed the gap off space between them.

“ History always repeats itself.Remember that.” sehun said walking towards the door before stopping.

“kyungsoo requests luhan and kai in the throne room.

《《《《《》》》》

“ why did you send a market into the shadows.” kyungsoo demanded.

“ the shadows will rule again.” the shadow walkers face was pitch black but its hair was a wooly white and its eyes and gums were as yellow as the sun.

“ its been answering that same phrase over and over.” he whispered.No wonder he called them in.Kyungsoo was at the edge of his patience.

“Wait outisde.”kyungsoo nodded towards kai before taking leave.

“ One of the guards says you refuse to abid to his wishes.you see i dont want to hurt you.” kai began roughly pulling his head back by his hair and placed his knife under hus chin.”But kai is more than willing too.”

“ why did you attack the market in Bristal?” sehun squatted down to eye level with him.

“ I do not bow down to the likes of you, pretty boy.” the shadow walker said spitting his saliva on to sehun’s face.kai pulled back more firmly on his hair.

“ again I will ask, why did you attack the bristal? If you tell I will promise to set you free.”luhan said and sehun gave him a questioning look.

the shadow walker hesistated. “ Dito of the darkness had one last wish.If darkness did not prevail and there was more than two thousand years between queens.Start war.It was only logical.your kingdom is down a queen.” it laughed.sehun cut his eye at luhan know he was right.

“ Thank you for your cooperation.” sehun said leaving through the iron doors.

“ now you-” before the shadowwalker could finish his sentence luhan had slit its throat.

“ i thought you were going to set it free.” kai said

“And i did.” luhan cleaned of the blade before putting it back where it belonged.

“ its life is not our concern as our queen is currently still unfound.”