Chapter 7

Blood and Blade

Morning broke and Irene was the first to wake up. She rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes and squinted at her surroundings. Yeri was sleeping soundly beside her, hugging the rock golem in her arms like a teddy bear. She walked over to the window and looked past the curtain. The hideout across was silent, not a single person was moving in or out or around the building. She looked over at the clock that was sitting on the bedside table. '8.37am. Still early. Gonna grab breakfast for the girls' She grabbed her towel and clothes and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. 

She walked out of the bathroom fully clothed drying her hair. She looked at the clock, it read 9.11am. Irene grabbed a pen and a piece of paper on the dressing table and wrote Out to get breakfast nearby will be back soon :). After exiting the lift, she walked past the lobby and left the hotel. She took a right and walked down the road. She noticed alot of the shops were boutiques and jewelry stores 

'Must be a rich neighbourhood.'

The sounds of the busy road and the chatter of people who bumped into each other rang in her ears. The smell of perfumes of the people who walked past her wafted around her nose. She felt debris and rocks crunch under her feet each time she walked.

It was a 15 minutes walk and she finally saw a bakery nearby. The smell of freshly made bread replaced the obnoxious smell of the perfumes. She entered the store and was greeted by an old plump man with a long fancy moustache. He had crow's feet around his eyes and smile lines around his lip and nose. Irene thought that he must have lived a happy life.

"Goodmorning young lady! How may I help you?" the man widely smiled.

Irene smiled back and looked at the wide variety of bread and cake that were laid out in the display case. 

"Were these just made?" Irene asked.

The man proudly nodded. "Yup. Just this morning! All made by me." 

Irene smiled and pointed out a few bread and cakes that she wanted. The baker took them out and packed it nicely in a bag and handed it to her. Irene took out the money and paid for them. They both bid each other farewell and Irene walked out of the store. As she was walking back, she noticed a group of guys huddled around a bench, One of them noticed Irene was staring at them and signalled to the rest. The whole group looked over at her and glared. Irene looked away and quickened her pace, grabbing her knife from her pocket and hiding it between the bags of pastries.

As one of the guys turned, she noticed that they were wearing the gang's logo. 

". I gotta lose them if they follow me," she looked at every reflection she could find and noticed that a few were following her while the rest were walking in a different direction.

"They're trying to cut me off," she smirked. Walking to a different route, she noticed that they were slightly surprised but regained composure, signalling to the rest about it. 

Walking as fast as she could, she came across a fish market. It was completely crowded. Irene walked into the crowded and squeezed her way in. 

"Where is she?"

" we lost her!"

"Let's just get in and find her!"

They pushed and shoved people aside. Old women shoved back angrily and some even smacked their heads with their baskets. Struggling to find the girl through the angry crowd, they gave up and walked back. Irene was actually near them, pretending to look at the fishes in a stall. She smirked as she noticed them leaving. She then grabbed a fish and paid for it while she was there. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon everyone get up. I've got breakfast for all of you," she placed the bags onto the table. "I have something to tell you guys too. Quickly wash your face and brush your teeth. You have 3 minutes." 

The rest slowly got up and walked to the bathroom. Irene set up the table and waited for the girls to take their seats. She took the note she left for the girls and threw it away. 'Looks like they don'tneed it'  Everyone was now eating their breakfast. 

"The bread is really nice, Irene. Where did you get it?" Wendy asked.

"At a bakery a few blocks from here," Irene sipped her glass of milk. "Speaking of the bakery, I bumped into one of the gangs. They know we're here."

The girls were silent.

"How?!" Joy threw the bread down. 

"I don't know either.but we have to be careful during the mission. They probably think that we're going to attack soon but" She took a bite at the bread. "We're going there tonight."


Hi guys! Sorry i haven't been updating for a really long time. i had exams and personal things to handle and well i was a little lazy haha. To make up for it im doing a double update now.