Half-True Rumor

Mistaken Happiness

"Should we still continue with the plan? I mean… That boy… he already found out…"
Hye Sun asked Hyun Joong. They were sitting at the company office owned by Hyun Joong, and his father.
"I think it would be alright, I mean… I'm not sure, but it's the only way to save the company." Hye Sun buried in her face in her hands, and burst into tears.
"To use So Eun? Isn't there any other way?"
"That's what I thought at first, but… It's really the only way." Hye Sun buried her face in her hands, and burst in tears. Hyun Joong walked over to her, and hugged her as tightly as he could, and said: "I'm sorry." He rested his head on top of hers, and closed his eyes.
"…So Eun? You're kidding…"
"…What? Serious..." The rumors in the school about So Eun dating Kim Bum just for his money began spreading, and by the end of the week, the whole school had believed this rumor. Not long after, So Eun and Kim Bum had heard this rumor too. Everywhere So Eun went, there would be people pointing at her, and whispering to the people beside them about her, and she had noticed, and felt incredibly uncomfortable. Kim Bum noticed her troubled expression, and asked her why she was so troubled.
"It's nothing." She lied. She didn't know Kim Bum had heard of this rumor too, and didn't want him to feel uncomfortable also. She knew he had a lot of things to do already; she didn't want to become a burden to him.
"So Eun, you know you can tell me right?" He told her. They were sitting on a bench in the school courtyard, under a big tree. He took her hand, and held it tightly.
"I don't know why they keep coming up with these rumors," She said, her eyes getting teary. "I swear I don't even understand why they say, I'm only dating you because you're rich."
"Well, as long as it's not true, it doesn't matter does it?" So Eun looked down at the grass, and let the tears stream down her face. Kim Bum knew a lot of rumors were going to spreading; he was considered the "Prince" in a commoner's eyes. Though he knew this rumor was half true, it was just the fact that she didn't know anything about it at all. He still was holding her hand tightly, and with her other hand, and her black silky hair. "It's okay, as long as I believe in you; you've got nothing to worry about right?" So Eun really didn't know the answer to that question, so she didn't reply.

Kim Bum had left her alone in the courtyard; he had something important to tend to, and had to leave early. She didn't mind, though she felt lonely, and she could still see the people whispering everywhere. But luckily, Jae Joong showed up.
"Mind if I take a seat?" He asked when he got near. So Eun smiled, and moved over a little bit to make space for him. "Are you okay?" He asked when he sat down. "I heard the rumors. Don't mind them, it's just a rumor." So Eun's eyes got teary again at the thought, and tried her best not to cry. She stayed silent, but was grateful for Jae Joong's comfort. He seemed to be always there when she wasn't happy, when she was troubled. She thought, if he hadn't left me years ago, would we still be together now? She thought about this over and over, and decided, no. Jae Joong leaving her was fate, and nothing can change fate. Jae Joong took her for some food at a restaurant, and drove her home.

That night, with nothing to do, decided to surf the web. Hye Sun had always had a blog, and had updated it whenever she had time. So Eun hadn't looked at it in a while, and decided she should check out what her sister's thoughts were for the past few months. She clicked on the newest blog entry, dated at the night she had left home.
I really don't know what to do today, I feel so guilty. I really don't want to do this, using So Eun. But, it's really the only way to save Hyun Joong's company. Jae Joong, I really don't want to forgive him, and I really don't understand why So Eun forgave him so easily. He left her years ago; he doesn't deserve to be forgiven. I have seen the times So Eun had cried about Jae Joong, not long after he left. I really don't know what to do… whenever I want to give up the plan, something would always remind that I had to save my boyfriend's company. There's no way that I could watch everything we’ve achieved disappear. I really want to tell So Eun, sorry.
When So Eun finished reading this, her face was already streaming tears. Why? She asked herself, what plan? What does she mean by using me? Just then, Hye Sun returned. So Eun heard the door open, and close, and knew Hye Sun had come back. She ran out of her room, and stopped in front of Hye Sun.
"What's wrong?" Hye Sun asked worriedly.
"What plan? What do you mean by using me?" So Eun said as her tears continued to fall.
"Oh! So Eun…" Hye Sun said with a low voice, "I… I really don't want to do it. But it's the only way to save Hyun Joong's company."
"What plan? What do you mean by using me?" So Eun repeated in disbelief.
"Hyun Joong's company is running low on money, the stocks have fallen, and… just everything is leading to bankrupt. Hyun Joong and I couldn't just watch all that we've achieve fall, so we came up with a plan to use you. We decided to put you in a school, where all the people are rich, we know that even the poorest boy in there, could help Hyun Joong. We wished that you would fall in love with one of them, and ask him for the money to help me and Hyun Joong." After Hye Sun finished saying this, So Eun fainted.

"Why am I here?" So Eun asked when she found herself in a hospital room when she woke up.
"You fainted." Kim Bum answered. Hye Sun had called him, and told him about the incident. Then she called the hospital to find a car to transport her to the hospital.
"Oh." So Eun said as she tried to sit up. "I'm sorry, the rumor…" So Eun couldn't say anymore. She buried her face in her hands, and cried.
"Don't worry about it… I already know."
"No… It's…"
"Your sister wanted you to help her boyfriend's company out right? To get you to ask the boy who would fall in love with you for money to save the company. I know… She told me, and you knew nothing about it… It's fine." She ceased crying for a moment, and looked at him surprised.
"What? You knew?" Kim Bum nodded, and hugged her.
"Stupid So Eun… you're crying over such a stupid thing."
"What are you talking about? How is this stupid? I almost used you…" She said, her voice showed that she felt guilty over what her sister and Hyun Joong had planned. She hugged Kim Bum back, while Kim Bum hugged her tighter.
"The money that your sister needs, is no more than a few hundred thousand, that's not even how much we pay each month for electricity, water, gas for my home."
"But still… that's so much money for commoners like us… we might not even be able to make that much in ten years."
"Don’t worry about it… just don't faint again, alright?" So Eun nodded, and fell asleep.

"Should I give the money to them?" Kim Bum asked the butler.
"A few hundred thousand may not be anything, but I don't see any reason at all to help them." The butler replied. Kim Bum didn't know whether he should help Hye Sun or not. She was about to use her sister… meaning she was pretty cold hearted. He thought about it for a long moment, and said:
"We'll see."