"I'm Sorry."

Mistaken Happiness

"Jae Joong?" Hye Sun asked when A Jae Joong answered the phone. She had called him that morning, wondering if he was with So Eun. Hyun Joong had given him the number.
"So… You're So Eun's sister?" He asked still confused.
"Do you know who she was with yesterday?" She asked.
"Well, I was with her in the morning, and then she went with Kim Bum."
"Kim Bum? Who's he?" Hye Sun asked. She had no idea who he was, though she knew she heard this name somewhere.
"It's our friend. He's like my Hyung, why?"
"Nothing much, can I have his phone number?" She asked. So Eun had left early this morning, and didn't even eat breakfast. Hye Sun had heard So Eun cry the entire night yesterday, and was very worried.
"Sure." Jae Joong told Hye Sun the phone number, and hung up.

So Eun was still a bit unhappy after what had happened yesterday, and she didn't even feel like coming to school today. She didn't want to take any chances of seeing Kim Bum. Though she didn't want Hye Sun worried, so she decide to come, and avoid going to places where she would meet Kim Bum. Since they were in different classes, she didn't have to worry about seeing him in class. She met up with Jae Joong that morning at the front gates, and went to breakfast together at the school cafeteria.
"Your sister called me this morning." Jae Joong stated as he started to eat his breakfast.
"What do you mean?" She asked in confusion, "Why would my sister call you?"
"I don't know, she asked me who was with you yesterday, and asked for Kim Bum's number when I told her you were with him." Why would she want Kim Bum's number? So Eun asked herself. Why?

"Hello?" Kim Bum answered, when the phone rung.
"I'm So Eun's sister; I want to talk to you." Hye Sun stated. Kim Bum could hear the seriousness in her voice, and agreed. It was an hour before class, and Hye Sun met up with Kim Bum at the school rooftop. She had told Hyun Joong that she would not be going to the company today, she had other things to do, and even if she was to go, she'd be late. "Why did you make her cry?" Hye Sun asked as soon as she got near. Kim Bum let out a little laugh and said:
"What do you mean? I made her cry? Even if she did cry, she deserves it, she…. UGH!" His fists clenched into balls, he turned away from Hye Sun and looked to the ground. He didn't want to do what he did last night; he regretted it, though he still thought she deserved it. He felt used, though she had never, once, asked him for his money.
"She was crying all night, I don't even thing she got any sleep. I don't know what's going on between you two, nor do I know you well. But I wouldn't allow you to hurt my sister."
"You're saying this so I would forgive her right? So she can get the money to save your boyfriend's company, right?" He turned back to Hye Sun, his face full of anger.
"How do you know about this?" Hye Sun asked in shock. She thought no one knew this, except her, Hyun Joong, and his father. Kim Bum revealed a little smile, and said:
"I have my ways. If she's being friends with me just for the money, I think there's no need to be friends at all. Friends aren't meant to be used." Hye Sun sighed in disbelief, and said:
"She knew nothing of this. It was all me and Hyun Joong's plan. She knew nothing at all."
"You expect me to believe that?" Kim Bum asked in disbelief.
"I don't know how you've met her, but… she's a really simple-minded girl, if she was to do something like this… do you think she would be able to not feel guilty, and still be as happy as she was before?" Kim Bum thought about this for a long moment. "I think it's because she wants me to have better future." So Eun's words kept replaying in his mind. Did she really know nothing of this at all? To have a better future… That could mean a lot of things! Stupid Kim Bum! He said to himself, and ran downstairs to find So Eun. When Hye Sun saw that he had started to run downstairs, she smiled. She was glad she had come to Korea International to look for this boy today, because she knew he might just be the one that would be with So Eun for the rest of her life. She called Hyun Joong, and told him to pick her up at the school, and started to walk down also.

"Kim So Eun!" Kim Bum called when he spotted So Eun. She started to run away, but Kim Bum got hold of her arm, and stopped her.
"What do you want?" She asked, her eyes were getting teary, and she didn't want to talk to him. She was facing away from him, and refused to look at him.
"I'm Sorry." He said, "I'm really sorry, it's my entire fault." She turned to look at him, and asked:
"Am I not "That Kind" of person?" She asked him, "I thought you were so sure of it yesterday."
"I'm Sorry, I didn't know. When you said what you said, I misunderstood. I thought you meant a future…" He stopped. He couldn't say this anymore. He could see that her eyes were filled with tears, it seemed like they were just going to fall the next time he would say something to her. He was scared he would hurt her. "I… Can you forgive me?" So Eun looked away, and laughed.
"Why should I forgive you?" Tears began to stream down her face, and she didn't stop them. She let them fall.
"Because I'm sorry and because I love you." He said as he turned her around to face him. She could see him face, agonized, and stayed silent. She didn't know what to say, should she forgive him? She thought for a moment, and finally said:
"Only on one condition," She said. He was gently wiping her tears away with his fingers, and asked:
"What?"
"Date." She replied.
"A date?" he asked in disbelief. She nodded. He thought for a moment, and agreed. "Okay." He smiled, and hugged her as tightly as he could afraid that he would lose her again, and she smiled back and hugged him back.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked her when they got into his car. They were skipping class. She thought for a moment, and replied:
"I want to go to the beach."
"The beach?" He asked in disbelief, but he drove to the beach anyway, he didn't care where it was, as long as it was with her.
It was a nice day, the sun was out, and the clouds didn't feel like crying either. They stopped by a swimsuit store, bought swimsuits, and headed to the beach. They played in the water, swimming, and splashing at each other at times. When the sun was about to set, the sat down on the golden sand, and watch it sink lower and lower.
"Do you know why I wanted to come here?" She asked Kim Bum. Kim Bum shook his head. "I told myself after Jae Joong left me, that the first person I'd ever fall in love with again, our first date would have to be at this beach."
"Why?"
"Because…" She stopped for a moment, remembering the times she had here with Jae Joong, and continued. "Because… Jae Joong and Iused to come here, and when he left me, he left my heart here. I wanted next person I like, to come here with me and retrieve my heart." Kim Bum let out a laugh.
"What are you laughing at?" She asked.
"Nothing, just thinking…" He replied.
"Tell me!" She whined.
"Alright, it's because I have such a simple minded girlfriend."
"Who said I'm you girlfriend?" She asked playfully.
"I did." He replied, he put his hand over her shoulder, pulled her towards him, and placed his lips on hers.