Chapter 34

Love The Way You Lie

Chapter 34

 

“Why did you do it?” 

 

“Answer me!” 

 

“I... I didn’t do it...” 

 

The grogginess and the pain throbbing in Hyuna’s head wouldn’t stop. She could only comprehend half of what was happening. She could barely remember what happened to her prior to all of this. 

 

“You’re gonna have to come with us, Miss Kim.” 

 

Hyuna felt her body being forced up from the hospital floor by two men. She didn’t try to resist. It was no use to fight. Her strength was weak. It was better to comply than to argue. It was clear that something terrible has happened and she was being framed. 

 

Gayoon hurried over to the officers dragging her friend away. There was something very wrong and she knew, Hyuna would never hurt anyone. 

 

“Wait—there has to be some mistake!” Gayoon shouted after the officers. “Hyuna would never—”

 

“Unless you can tell me who else did it, I suggest you not interfere in this investigation. We’re taking Miss Kim in.”

 

“Hyuna...” Gayoon spoke softly. “What were you doing in Zico’s room? I told you not to see him.” 

 

“I... I didn’t see him.” 

 

“Enough. Take her away.” 

 

“No wait!” Gayoon shouted. “Hyuna!”

 

“Stay back!” 

 

The officers placed Hyuna under arrest. She was taken to the nearest police station where she was questioned. Her mind was still groggy but everything was becoming clearer. 

 

The blue and red lights flashed in her eyes. She stared at her reflection against the window before focusing on the hospital.

 

She could not remember how or when she got into Zico’s room. Something didn’t seem right. 

 

At this very moment, she could make out her surrounding. The room was dark, lit with only one small table lamp. Across from her sat the detective and behind him the officers that brought her here. 

 

“Miss Kim, are you aware of why you’re here?” The officer spoke. 

 

“N—no sir,” Hyuna answered. 

 

“You’re facing a murder charge against Woo Jiho,” The detective spoke up. 

 

Confusion expressed itself on Hyuna’s face. It rippled through her features slowly then all at once when she realized what was happening now. 

 

“No, I didn’t do it.” 

 

“Can you explain why you were in his hospital room at the scene of his death?” 

 

“I don’t know how I got there. This is a huge misunderstanding.” Hyuna tried to remain calm. Freaking out would not help her. She couldn’t think about what was going to happen. Her heart beat fasten and the sound grew louder in her ears.

 

“Do you understand how serious of a crime this is, Miss Kim?”

 

There was a ringing in her head that kept getting louder and louder by the second. Hyuna clenched her jaw as she spoke through her teeth. “I’m telling you I didn’t kill Zico.” 

 

“Nurses and doctors recall Jiho calling your name repeatedly. You also asked to see Mr. Woo before he died. Care to explain?” 

 

Hyuna groaned in pain, moving slightly in her seat. “I wanted to know why he called my name.” 

 

“Did you have any relations to Mr. Woo at all?” 

 

Hyuna shook her head. “No. I barely knew the man.” 

 

“If you say you barely knew him, why would he call your name?” 

 

“There are many Hyunas in Korea.” 

 

“But how many asked to see him before his death?”

 

Hyuna clenched her jaw along with her fists. The questions they were asking made her angry. “I didn’t kill him.”

 

There was a sudden bang at the door of the room. It swung open, hitting the wall before revealing a mad woman. Her eyes pierced through Hyuna’s frightened ones. 

 

“Ma’am you can’t go in here!” 

 

“You.” The woman pointed directly at Hyuna. “She’s the woman who killed my fiancé!” 

 

Hyuna’s eyes widened in horror. The detective’s expression changed. Hyuna saw this and feared for the worse. “I don’t know what she’s talking about.” 

 

“Liar! You killed Jaejoong! You framed me! I’m here because of you!” 

 

Hyuna’s eyes widened at that name. “Jaejoong? What happened to Jaejoong?” 

 

“You know what happened!” 

 

“I... I don’t know...” 

 

“Liar!” Jihyo lunged forward. Her hands wrapped around Hyuna’s throat. Hyuna felt herself falling to the floor with the crazed woman on top of her. Her head hit the ground pretty hard. She struggled to breathe as the pair of hands tightened against her neck.

 

More officers piled into the small room. They pried Jihyo off of Hyuna. 

 

“Killer! You killed him! You think I wouldn’t recognize you?!” 

 

The door shut as soon as the officers carried her out. 

 

“Miss Kim?” The officer and detective rushed to Hyuna’s side. They both tried to wake her but Hyuna was unresponsive. Her body lied still on the cold hard ground. “Miss Kim?!” 

 

***

 

Hyeona wandered the halls of the Kwon mansion. She stopped when she came across a huge mirror. Her fingers took a strand of her black curls and twirled them. 

 

Everything seemed normal in the mansion. All accept for the voices drawing near. Hyeona quickly his behind the wall, peeking her head out to make out who the voices belonged to. 

 

“The Kims are in trouble, Lydia,” Eunju said. “I don’t believe Hyuna would ever do something like that.” 

 

Hyeona smirked at that name. 

 

“What’s going on?” Lydia asked. “Hyuna is gonna be ok, right?” 

 

“I’m not sure,” Eunju replied in all honesty. “Seungsung has already lost so much. If he loses Hyuna then—”

 

“What’s wrong with Hyuna?” 

 

Hyeona’s heart stilled when that familiar voice spoke. “Jiyong...” 

 

“I’m not too sure son.” 

 

Jiyong’s face immediately drowned with worry. His eyes couldn’t hide his emotions. “Where is she? Is she still in the hospital?” 

 

“Jiyong...” 

 

“Jiyong!” 

 

All three of them turned their heads toward the running female. Hyeona held onto Jiyong with tears in her eyes. 

 

“I just heard what Hyuna did,” Hyeona cried. 

 

Eunju found Hyeona’s clinginess to her son rather suspicious. Her eyes didn’t miss the sudden change of hair color either. 

 

“When I last spoke with Seungsung, Hyuna is still in the hospital.” Eunju said. “I’ll be visiting shortly to support a friend. Lydia, let’s go.” 

 

“I’ll go now,” Jiyong said. 

 

“I’ll come with you,” Hyeona said. 

 

Jiyong simply nodded. His fingers wiped away her fake tears. Hyeona smiled placing a kiss onto Jiyong’s cheek. 

 

The two drove in silence to the hospital. Hyeona tried her best to hide her annoyance. It was just one thing after another. 

 

Part of her didn’t want to admit it but she knew she was losing Jiyong to Hyuna. There was no denying it. Hyeona knew that during their time apart and when Hyuna took her place, Jiyong had fallen for her. 

 

Hyeona’s hand slowly reached for Jiyong’s. The slight touch from her cold hand shook Jiyong from his current thoughts. 

 

“I love you,” Hyeona said. 

 

“I love you, more,” Jiyong said. 

 

Hyeona didn’t know if it was as sincere as before but Jiyong said it. It was still enough. 

 

Entering the hospital, Hyeona decided to go first while Jiyong parked. She was told by the information desk that Hyuna was on the sixth floor. She walked up to the nurses desk clearly annoyed but wanted information. 

 

“I’m here to see my sister, Kim Hyuna,” Hyeona said. 

 

“Room 606 right over there,” the nurse pointed. 

 

“Thank you,” Hyeona said. She followed in the direction she was given. The door was closed. She stared at the room number for a moment before entering.

 

Hyeona entered Hyuna’s hospital room quietly. Upon entering she saw Hyuna’s helpless form on the hospital bed. The scene was quite pitiful. The dark thought occurred in her mind. 

 

Hyeona stalked over to Hyuna like a predator waiting to pounce on its helpless prey. She bent down near Hyuna’s ear. 

 

“Well isn’t this a perfect moment?” Hyeona asked. “It’s almost too easy.” 

 

“What the hell are you doing?” Sohyun asked entering the room. She hurried to Hyuna’s side, pushing Hyeona away from the bed. “Get away from my sister.” 

 

“Sohyun, we’re sisters too.” 

 

“No, I will never consider you my sister.” 

 

“I’m glad we can agree on something. I don’t know how Hyuna dealt with you. Sohyun, you’re such an annoying pest.” 

 

“Get out.” 

 

“Make me,” Hyeona taunted.

 

There was a knock at the door. Jiyong entered. He felt the tension in the room as soon as he entered. Sohyun glared at him. 

 

“Hello, Sohyun,” Jiyong greeted. 

 

“Jiyong,” Hyeona smiled as she clung onto his arm. “Hyuna’s not looking so well. She hasn’t been able to wake up yet.”

 

“You two are perfect for each other,” Sohyun scoffed. “If I could take back my actions, I would. If I knew that you’d only bring my sister pain and heartache I would’ve never threatened her to marry you.” 

 

“Threaten her?” Jiyong asked. 

 

A soft scoff emitted from Sohyun’s mouth. “Did you think she wanted to marry you willingly?” Sohyun looked over to Hyeona. “Death just follows where you go doesn’t it, Hyeona? You two aren’t welcomed here. Leave before I get security.” 

 

“Sohyun—” Jiyong tried to reason. 

 

“My sister has no relations with you or your family anymore which means neither does mine. We are not family. Get out of here.” 

 

“I’m sorry, Sohyun,” Jiyong said. 

 

“I don’t need your apology and neither does Hyuna. Both of you leave now. I will not ask again.” 

 

Hyeona tugged on Jiyong’s arm. “Let’s just go, Jiyong. Sohyun is upset with us. I believe it’s best if we let Hyuna rest.” 

 

Jiyong was torn. His eyes stared at Hyuna. He couldn’t help but worry. Hyeona pulled him along with her towards the door. Once they were out of the room, Hyeona placed a small kiss onto his lips. 

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyeona asked. 

 

“I’m just worried for Hyuna, that’s all,” Jiyong replied. 

 

“Don’t be. My sister is strong. She’ll wake up.” 

 

Jiyong nodded. 

 

Again as the both of them left the hospital. The car ride was silent. There wasn’t much to say. 

 

“Don’t be too upset with Sohyun,” Jiyong spoke up. 

 

“I’m not,” Hyeona replied. “I understand why she feels this way. If I never left you—”

 

“Don’t blame yourself,” Jiyong said. “You didn’t have a choice. I understand that now. You’re mine again and always.” 

 

Hyeona smiled. She leaned her head against Jiyong’s shoulder. “But are you mine?” 

 

There was a slight pause in Jiyong’s response that Hyeona didn’t miss. “Always.” 

 

Later that night, Jiyong returned to the hospital. His excuse was work. He lied but Jiyong needed to know what was happening. The thought of not knowing was killing him alive.

 

“Excuse me, I’m Hyuna’s husband,” Jiyong lied. “Please, what’s going on with her?” 

 

“Miss Kim, suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, bleeding in the brain. Doctors operated as fast as they could to stop the bleeding. It was successful but Miss Kim has not waken since.” 

 

“What? Why are all these monitors and machines here?” 

 

“Earlier Miss Kim’s heart stopped. She wasn’t breathing. We were able to revive her for a short moment but these machines are the only things keeping her alive.” 

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened. “Please tell me this is a sick joke. Please tell me this isn’t true. Hyuna...” 

 

“The fracture to her brain was quite significant. We will do our best to keep Hyuna here as long as she can.” 

 

“T—thank you,” Jiyong said. “Please go.” 

 

Jiyong took Hyuna’s cold hand. “Wake up.”

 

“She use to hold your hand like that.”

 

Jiyong turned to the voice speaking from the door. 

 

Gayoon walked in, standing on the opposite side Jiyong. “Her life wasn’t suppose to be like this. I don’t blame you at all, Jiyong. I really don’t. Hyuna doesn’t either. I know her. She didn’t do what they said she did. CC footage didn’t catch much because of the rooms they were both in... but I know Hyuna didn’t kill Zico.” 

 

“I don’t want to lose her this way...” Jiyong sobbed. 

 

“It’s Hyuna’s choice,” Gayoon’s voice broke halfway. “She use stay up with you. The day you finally woke up, she was the happiest for you. My best friend, I love you but if you have to go, it’s ok.” 

 

Jiyong’s hand tightened on Hyuna’s. “If you stay... if you stay I’ll let you go. You’ll never see me again... but wake up... live the rest of your life as if you’ve never met Kwon Jiyong.” 

 

 

 

A/N: Rushed update. Not edited.