Proud

Aeri and Her Twelve Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since they were kids, Baekhyun had always dream on going to one of the world's famous performing arts school. He tried going in Julliard and Berkley after he graduated high school and fortunately, he got accepted in Berkley with a full scholarship. Baekhyun never told his brothers nor even his grandparents about the news and hid the acceptance letter in his drawer. He wanted to go, really, but seeing his older brothers suffer everyday with their jobs prevented Baekhyun on achieving his dreams. He didn't want to be selfish and leave them behind. So with a heavy heart, Baekhyun entered the same school as his quadroplets.  


Berkley never crossed Baekhyun's mind ever again. 





Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun are busy preparing the stage for their performance tonight at a bistro, where they usually perform every weekends. Kyungsoo was absent for today due to his research paper. There were only eight people at the bistro. It was too early, truthfully, but the brothers want to prepare in advance and maybe practice once or twice. The three needs to finish their paper, actually, by this evening but the oldest suggested for them to relax for awhile. Kyungsoo was hesitant but decided to finish his paper anyways plus he wants to get into the honor roll. 


It was ridiculous, they thought, since their youngest quadroplet is for sure going to get in the honor's list base on his high marks. Junmyeon would enrcourage the three to follow Kyungsoo but they refuse saying they don't need it and they only want to pass and graduate. They're smart, in fact all the Lee brothers got in the honor's list, but reality came up to them making them realize about other things than studying. 


For Baekhyun, is music and how he wants to pursue his dream so bad with not just numbers but also with hardwork and more practice. He already lost many chances back then and he ain't losing another chance this time. While Chanyeol was busy tuning his guitar, Baekhyun brought the microphones on stage and set them up. Two customers arrive at the bistro and went to take their seats, waving their hands at the waiter to get their order. A smile creep up on Baekhyun's face. 


"What are you smiling at?" Jongdae's voice cut him off from his thoughts, and the elder flicker his eyes on his brother, still smiling.


"Can't a person smile without any reason?" They also got Chanyeol's attention and he stop Jongdae from talking back by calling his name. The boy walk towards the taller with a huff and assisted him with the other instruments. 


"Did Jongin called?" Baekhyun asks as he went up the two, putting his hands inside both his pockets. Chanyeol shrug, not looking up at him as he answers. "Dunno. My phone went off an hour ago." His two brothers stare at him in frustration. Chanyeol felt their intense gaze and slowly raise his head.


"What did I do?" He asks in pure innocence. Jongdae took out his phone and dials Jongin's number while Baekhyun smacks his brother at the head.


"We were suppose to fetch Aeri an hour ago, dumbo." He reminds him and Chanyeol's mouth form into an 'o' in realization. He must have forgotten about her while they were preparing the stage.


Jongdae taps his feet on the tiled floor impatiently as he called Jongin for the second time. He gave up and turn off his phone. "He isn't answering my    " He was cut off by the door bell ringing and two familiar person came in. The three eye's perk up at the arrival of their siblings and went to greet them. 


Baekhyun leans down to place a kiss on Aeri's cheek as he pulls her into an embrace. "My little baby had come to visit her oppa. Oh my heart is  beating rapidly right now." He said in a mushy way and squish their faces together earning a giggle from the youngest.


"Bacon oppa." The call of his nickname made Baekhyun stop and his eyes turned dark. His sweet smile was replace with an evil one while he wraps his arms around her waist. "What did you just call me, baby?" Aeri wasn't scared at the tone of his voice and repeated his nickname. This triggered Baekhyun and start poking her on the sides.


"I dare you to call me that once again!" He exclaims while his sister laugh in his arms. Baekhyun laugh along with her and start to tickle her sides. "Yah, yah, Lee Baekhyun, stop that and come help us." The said quadroplet stops tickling his sister and turn back to his brothers, now testing the mics and instruments. Baekhyun ruffle Aeri's hair with a grin before heading to his brothers and help. 


Jongin and Aeri sits in front as they wait for their orders. Sehun, Zitao and Yixing are coming later as promise to the quadroplets. Today, Chen and Chanyeol are going to sing 'If We Love Again' together first then Baekhyun with his original song 'Take You Home' and so on. Aeri was squealing in her seat in excitement while Jongin stare at her in amusement. "Quiet, peach, or the customers will get angry." He tells her and turn his attention to his brothers. 


The bitro was getting crowded as the Lee brothers prepare themselves on stage. The waiter arrives at their table and place their orders on the table one by one. Aeri was too busy watching her older brothers to notice as Jongin arranges everything before turning on the grill. He starts grilling the meat as a familiar tune reaches his ears and a smile forms on his face. Aeri cups and cheers for her brothers while the other customers stay silent. 


Dashi taeyo nan damyeon
Dashi saranghan damyeon 
geu ttaeneun uri ireoji marayo
jogeum deol mannago jogeum deol gidaehamyeo


Jongdae's soft voice echoes in the bistro as he sang the lyrics together with Chanyeol's guitar. 



Ijen arayo neomu gipeun sarangeun
Oeryeo seulpeun majimageul
Gajyeo ondaneun geol
Geudaeyeo bilgeyo daeum beone sarangeun
Uri gatji anhgil budi apeumi eopsi
Kkok naboda deo haengbokhaejyeoyaman hae





"Hello everybody!" Baekhyun greet everyone joyfully as he replaces two of his brothers on stage. Sehun, Yixing and Zitao arrived at the middle of the song and joined Aeri and Jongin at their table. The older orders more food for them and a bottle of soju for himself. "Hello!" Aer, Sehun and Zitao greets back and their brother smiles at them. "I have five wonderful guests tonight and I don't want to embarass myself in front of them. Plus I made a promise to my sister to perform my own composition for tonight." Everyone in the bistro, aside from the Lee siblings, cooes. The eldest quadroplet winks at their youngest and proceeds to the mic, nodding at Chanyeol to start the music. 

 

Ara, amureohjido anheun cheokhae bwado
Gidarindan geol aesseo useo boneun
Nungae mudeun seulpeum
Naega eojjeol su eopsdan geol
Neukkil su isseo


Compared to Jongdae's voice, Baekhyun's voice is versatile mix with mellowness, tenderness and sometimes tough. Plus he interracts more with his audiences when he sings. Sending smiles at girls,  and that eye-smile that always make the ladies swoon. He can hit highnotes without a problem. He possesses the right amount of vocal rang; not too high and not too low. Just simple yet powerful that attracts a lot of people with his uniqueness. His brothers are the same too but Baekhyun's voice adapts all genres. 


Nae moseup geudaeroreul
Jogeumman jikyeobwa jwo
Neoui geu saram anijiman
Jigeum anabol sun eopsdaedo
Ne gyeoteul jikyeojul
Neolpeun mameul gajin geureon namjaya
Baraedajulge naege gidae





Aeri is hugging Baekhyun's arm while they walk down the streets of Seoul. She had been smiling the whole night after her brother's performace. She felt proud when the whole bistro clapped for him and she could see her brother's eyes shinning while everyone's attention was on his. Her brothers felt the same. They knew Baekhyun had always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter