Chapter V

FATE - The Choosen One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter V

Kai looked at the remaining house with disgusted. The remaining charred wood still had a distinct smelled of blood which come from the battle that had happen three or four days ago. The pack had gone and the remaining left was only a burn ground, claw mark on woods and blood splatter on the ground. Whoever attacks this pack was obviously vicious, more vicious than Alvarez.

He can see no one at all. The place had been abandoned completely. He grimaced just by thinking of the attacks. He still remembers what Kris had told him the day before.

~Flashback~

"They were attack around midnight without warning, which means only one. They were being ambushed. I didn't hear about this news earlier, I only heard about it today from our informant. If I heard it earlier, I would have sent reinforcements. But unfortunately..." Kris sighed and furrowed his brows. "So, I give this mission to you Kai. Find and treat them. I have a feeling that some of the members get injured."

"Who should I bring with me? Lay hyung is one since he's a healer."

"Bring Baekhyun and Sehun. With three Alphas and one Beta it's enough for people to know not to mess with you." Kai nodded his head and the conversation ended.

~End of Flashback~

"Kai, I can't see any of them here." Sehun mentioned as he turned to look at Kai. "Their smell already gone, it will be difficult for us to search for them."

"I know that but we have to find them no matter what. The situation had changed; we should hurry up and find them as soon as we can. We didn't know how injured they are."

"I can trace them if you want." They look at Lay who was touching a dead tree with his hand that glowed after a seconds with soft green. "It will take half of my power but then better than nothing at all." He said as the tree that was about to die began to glow and in seconds the tree already come alive again.

"Just don't overwork yourself Lay hyung. We don't want the enemy to take advantage against you; also Mama Suho would be so mad." Baekhyun said, ending with his famous grins.

"I won't and trust me, I know my own limits." He replied as he gave one of his reassuring smiles.

As they follow Lay's guides, more and more trails from the allies pack was seen. Baekhyun who's guarding the rear, sniffs the air. He narrowed his eyes as he smelt something's coming this way.

"Kai."

"I know. They're coming."

Sehun immediately stands beside Lay, knowing that the latter won't do much since he almost uses half of his power on tracking their allies. So, his job would be protecting him from any danger and let the older regains his energy. Lay's powers are needed on time like this.

"Sehun, you and Lay hyung can go first. Baekhyun and I will be following afterwards. We won't know when our allies are in need of our help at all and they must be injured too, knowing the vicious attacks they had received. Go."

Kai's tone meant finality, no argument and no interrupting, so Sehun who knows him too well just nodded and gave a look towards Lay before they run and goes deeper inside of the forest, hoping that they'll find them soon.

"Yesterday, I was informed of one of our allies pack were attack. It was a sneak attack at night and happens three days ago. But, for some reason, this information was given to me yesterday despite the attacks being three days ago. Our informant is known to be a fast informant when giving new information, but this time..." Kris sighed as the others who seat beside and across him frowned excluding Kyungsoo.

The doe eyes male just sit in between Chanyeol and Kris. He didn't know about all of the talking they just said. He just looked around with full of puzzled inside of his head.

"Is that b-bad?"

All of them look at him. Chanyeol smiled as he ruffled the slight shaggier hair, knowing that Kyungsoo didn't know well about what they are talking about.

"It is pup." Kris replied, looking down at the pup that just tilted his head to the side before nodding. "Now, as I said, the four of them are now searching for our allies, I want all of you on standby if they need any backup. Suho, I want you to pack all first aid kit. We can't always rely on Lay's power alone. There's time he can't push himself." Suho nodded as Kris ordered him. "The others, just be ready."

They nodded.

"How about D.O?" Luhan voiced up.

"He'll stay here since he's new to our pack and I doubt his injuries aren't all healed up. He needs his rest. Chanyeol, you'll watch over him." Chanyeol nodded his head and with that the others start readying whatever supplies they need to bring if backup are called.

"Chanyeol?"

Currently, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are residing on Chanyeol's room, with the latter laying on his stomach while reading on some manga. Whilst Kyungsoo who is sitting on the floor just be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter