Stronger Together

Pretty in Pink

 “ARE YOU NUTS! YOU MOST DEFINITELY AREN’T GOING INTO THOSE WOODS!”

 “I can’t allow an untrained civilian to come with us on official kingdom business!”

 “Woah Lulu, I know this is kinda stressing you out but no need to go full crazy on us…”

 “Okay! He’s lost it!”

 Lu Han, surprisingly enough, was unaffected by their words of discouragement; instead, he felt even more emboldened that this was the right path he was to go on. With a drawn out sigh, he gazed at each one of his companions before speaking with courage he didn’t know he possessed.

 “Look guys, I understand that I’m not really what you would call as an adventurer… Heck I haven’t even been out of that tower for two days! And yes I am weak, and soft, and coward, and for all intents and purposes a princess who's done nothing in his life but to wait for some prince charming to come along and rescue him!”

 Lu Han took a calming breath, trying to control the galloping of his heart as he could feel all the pent up anger build up inside.

 “But, I’m sick and tired of waiting to be rescued! I am sick and tired of being weak, and soft, and being a coward! For once in my life I want to do something meaningful, and if it means risking my life to look for this  nut-job of a prince, then I’ll do it! If I die, I’d rather die standing up for something and do everything I can for my country!”

 Everyone was silent after Lu Han’s speech; Kyungsoo and Kai looked on with a strong sense of pride knowing that their Lulu has come a long way. Chanyeol and Yifan on the other hand stared at him with a mixture of respect and apprehension.

 “That’s very admirable of you Lu Han, but like I said, I can’t just allow a random civilian to join us! We would be liable for you and in the end weigh us down…” Yifan said harshly, hoping to knock some sense into Lu Han’s pretty skull. Lu Han was taken aback by Lu Han’s harsh words. Yes, he hadn’t taken in the consideration that he would just become a liability for the duo if he came. They would spend half the time trying to protect instead of trying to search for the prince, and the last thing Lu Han wanted to be was a liability.

 “Then I’ll come with…” Everyone gaped at Kai this time, as he stood defiantly in front of the others with his head held high.

 “Ummm… Excuse me! I DIDN’T KNOW STUPIDITY WAS CONTAGIOUS! WHAT THE HELL, KAI?!” Kyungsoo frantically squawked, screeching like a mad owl.

 “What? The boy wants to be brave for once, so I say let him do it!” Kai snarled at Kyungsoo who wouldn’t back down despite his threatening stance. “And if you’re so concerned about protecting him, then I’ll gladly go with! That way, there would also be more people searching for that moron.”

 “ANIYA! NO WAY! WE’RE NOT BRINGING ANY MORE OF YOU WITH US! IT’S TOO DANGEROUS!” It was Yifan this time who roared his rebuttal, but Kai remained unflinching. Instead, he gave Yifan a sly smirk, subtly bearing his teeth at the obstinate beast.

 “Hey… You bozos would search high and low all you want in that hell hole for days and would only get yourself killed. But with my nose and instincts, we could find the kid in half the time without breaking a sweat.”

 Kai’s smirk grew after seeing Yifan fall short at his suggestion. He knew their magics would be useless inside the Dark Wood, so they would only have to rely on their wilderness skills to not only survive but accomplish their mission. And among their little party, Kai was confident that he had the most skills to offer in terms of tracking and surviving. Yes he would leave the nasty monsters to the duo since they had more experience with defeating different sorts of beasts but for the most part, they needed someone like him to even have a slim chance of success.

 He knew he had them.

 Well…

 Except for one.

 “HELL NO! YOU’RE AND DIM WITT OVER THERE ARE NOT GOING ON THIS SUICIDE MISSION! HE BARELY KNOWS ANYTHING BEYOND THE TOWER AND YOU’LL JUST GET YOURSELF KILLED IN THERE WITH YOUR COCKINESS!” Kyungsoo glared hard at everyone, willing them to see the stupidity of their little plan.

 “And what?! Just wait here or in some stinky village waiting for the war machines roll on over and kill us all?! Or would you rather hide out in the deeper part of the forest like a coward, waiting it out and wait for everyone you care about die?!” Kai was equally angry now, outright growling at Kyungsoo who had the presence of mind to cringe at the formidable beast. Even Lu Han was scared at the snarling wolf, remembering that even though Kai had rescued him and had been his protector thus far, he is still a dangerous predator.

 “N-no… But there must be another way. I mean, we could like talk to the king and maybe organize an actual search party to look for the prince. Even hire adventurers who are more knowledgeable about the area than just the you idiots!”

 “There’s no time. Gathering up a search party would take days, not to mention the amount of time we’ll waste trying to convince the king. We have to find the prince within the next five days and bring him back; otherwise the west will start waging war with our kingdom!” It was Yifan this time who interjected, looking rather tired with all the arguing.

 “FIVE DAYS?! FIVE DAYS TO LOOK FOR A CORPSE?! JESUS CHRIST YIFAN, THAT’S NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE!” Kyungsoo gasped, along with everyone. They didn’t realize that they had very little time.

 “Well… Technically three since it takes at least two days to travel to their capital even while flying.” Chanyeol said, nervously chuckling to himself before cringing at Yifan’s death glare.

 “CHANYEOL! NOT HELPING!”

 Kyungsoo was still recovering from the initial shock of their deadline. Gazing from each one of his friends, he finally came to a conclusion; realizing that the situation was more serious than he initially thought. “Okay, fine! You can join this merry band of idiots towards their execution but you are most definitely are not taking Lulu along.”

 “But Soo-yah~ I have to go! I can’t just leave Kai, Kris, and Chanyeol on some dangerous mission while I just sit idly by!” Lu Han snapped at the stubborn owl, pleading with his eyes that he needs to join them. Kai piped in, backing up Lu Han which both surprised and pleased the Chinese deer.

 “Yeah Kyungsoo, you should let the princess come along. What better way to get life experience than to join in a quest! Let him be his own man for once. Besides, between us three, he could more than handle any danger and protect Lu Han.”

 “Yah! I don’t need protecting!” Lu Han glared at Kai who only gave him a shrug. “And I am not asking for your permission! I am going whether you like it or not and there is nothing you or anyone can do to stop me! So either I join you or get killed lost, and alone in the woods then that’s fine by me!”

 Lu Han didn’t know where the last part came from, but he was hoping his little bluff would pay off. Unfortunately, Kyungsoo could see right past him and called him out on his little dare.

 “Wanna bet? I bet with Yifan and Chanyeol helping me; he could easily prevent you from entering that god forsaken forest.”

 “And waste precious time searching for the prince? I don’t think so!”

 “SEE HERE YOU, POWDER-PUFFED PRINCESS! STOP THROWING YOUR LITTLE ROYAL TANTRUM CAUSE’ YOU’RE DEFINITELY NOT GOING AND THAT’S FINAL!” Kyungsoo shouted, finally losing his cool.

 “AND WHO’S GONNA STOP ME?! YOU?!”

 “IF I HAVE TO! I’LL TIE YOU TO A TREE STUMP MYSELF IF THAT’S WHAT IT TAKES! OR HAVE YIFAN SEND YOU BACK TO THE TOWER!”

 “YOU WOULDN’T DARE!” Lu Han gasped at Kyungsoo suggestion, shocked that his friend would willingly send him back after how much he longed to be out of it. He knew Kyungsoo only said it to scare him and that it came from good intentions, but that still didn’t stop the hurt and the anger that boiled inside him. “AS IF YOU COULD, YOU OVERSIZED BED STUFFING!”  

 “TRY ME!”

 “ENOUGH!” Yifan once again growled, thwacking his tail on the ground to catch everyone’s attention. Lu Han and Kyungsoo jumped slightly at Yifan’s exclamation but were still caught up in their little stare off. “Now, if you ladies could stop your little fight then we can all go back to the business at hand!”

 Yifan waited for the two to stand down before he continued. “Lu Han, now I can’t stop you from entering those woods; the nearest village is almost a day away and I am not comfortable tying you to a tree. Also, I think you’d eternal hate me for putting you back in the tower. So instead of risking you wandering on your own and killing yourself, you have my permission to join us on this quest.”

 Kyungsoo gaped, while Lu Han nearly jumped in join; slightly pumping his fist in the air as he gave a eating grin to Yifan.

 “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Yifan! I promise you, I won’t be any trouble!” Lu Han would have excitedly hugged the big beast but the death glare he received told him otherwise.

 “Oh, I doubt that… But if you are coming with us then you have to abide by our rules.” Lu Han eagerly nodded, prompting Yifan to continue.”Rule number one! You will always follow what we say and when we say them! Rule number two, you will always stick with the group; no wandering off on your own, got that?! Rule number three, when goes down, and trust me, it will, you will stay at the back or at a safe distance away were we can still watch you! No being a hero, okay?!”

 “I promise” Lu Han said whilst crossing his heart, making Yifan heave out a tired sigh as he backed down.

 Kyungsoo on the other hand, wouldn’t.

 “HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MARBLES, YIFAN! YOU’RE NOT SERIOUSLY SENDING THIS KID INTO THAT HELLISH PLACE?!”

 “As much as I don’t want to, I have no choice. It’s better he’s there with us to protect him than let him run off on his own. Also, another pair of eyes and ears couldn’t hurt. Besides, I can’t fault a man who chooses to be brave and be a patriot to his country.”

 “Aw… Kris.... You’re finally growing soft…” Chanyeol chuckled, rubbing his head when Yifan whacked him once again on the head.

 “Do you have any problems with my decision, punk?!”

 “N-no! No! The more the merrier, right!” Kris could only groan at the chuckling Chanyeol, knowing that his partner and best friend could hardly stay serious for a short period of time.

 “THIS IS NUTS!” Kyungsoo said, desperately eyeing Lu Han. He realized that he is fighting a losing battle once Yifan, Chanyeol, and Kai joined in the Lulu band wagon. As a last ditch effort to save his friend from certain death, he resorted to begging.

 “Please Lu… Don’t do this… Remember all that you wanted to do and all that you wanted to see? How can you possibly do all those things when you die in those woods?”

 “Yah! Give us some more credit here! We’re more than capable to protect this stubborn deer!” Chanyeol had approached Lu Han and wrapped his arm around his shoulders, which prompted the said deer to give him a shy smile, accepting it with a huge grin in return. Peeking back at Kyungsoo, Lu Han heart broke knowing how much he was hurting his friend with his decision. He was just looking out for him after all, as he always had been; but it was now time for Kyungsoo to let him go and finally let him stand up for himself. So with a reassuring smile, he gazed softly at Kyungsoo; trying to will away the apprehension that must be clawing at the owl.

 “He’s right Soo! I’m sure they’ll be able to protect me from anything while we’re out there. And besides, I can do all those things once we return from our mission, and trust me when I say that we are definitely coming back! I’m not suicidal! I just want to do this you know! To prove myself to myself! That I can be independent… That I can take on this world… I’m not your precious and scared little Xiao Lu anymore. I’ve growing up, oemma!”

 Lu Han stopped, shocked at seeing tears actually flow down Kyungsoo’s usually expressionless face. It shattered his heart seeing Kyungsoo cry, being this was the first time he did so in front of anyone. His heart broke more so knowing the cause of those tears was him.

 “L-look, you don’t have to prove yourself to anyone! We all know how brave and strong you can truly be so you don’t have to do this…”

 “But Soo~ I have to do this, for myself, my friends, and my kingdom…”

 Lu Han could feel the moisture gathering his eyes as well as he watched Kyungsoo try to contain his own tears.

 “I-if you want we could go on our own quest! Something less lethal! Just not this one, anything but this one!” Kyungsoo’s voice was breaking from the desperation he was feeling, causing the tears in Lu Han’s eyes to finally fall.

 “I’m sorry Kyungie but it has to be this one… Considering what’s at stake; I need to at least help in any and every way I could.”

 “But you could help! By keeping yourself out of harm's way! You could stay behind with us!  I mean, wh-what about us, huh?! What about Baekhyunie and me?!”

 Lu Han hadn’t thought about that; he didn’t realized he would be leaving not only Kyungsoo behind but also Baekhyun. Knowing how much more sensitive their furry friend can be, he hardly thought he could survive the forest without him. It was a miracle that Chanyeol and Yifan found him so quickly. And after reuniting only recently, he didn’t know if he could part with the colorful pup so quickly. He was about to voice his hesitations when the said puppy suddenly snapped up from his lying position in his lap, nearly giving him a heart attack.

 “What the hell are you talking about? Of course I’m coming with Lulu!”

 And that’s when he actually did.


 Lu Han could feel the soft grass digging in his back while he willed away the radiating throb that was spreading from hin temples. He could narely make out the muffled chatter that came above him but he was to focused on the ache that covered his entire face to worry about anything else. This wasn't the first time Lu Han got hit with a ball on his head; this was just the first time it struck right in his face.

 Biting on his bottom lip, Lu Han winced when he finally registered the sharp stinging sensation that was coming from his lip. He didn’t need to touch it to know that it must be cut and throbbing; he just hoped that there wasn’t any other noticeable bruise on his face. Baekhyun would go ballistic if he saw Lu Han with a black eye; he is pretty damn sure that the diva would be raising hell once he got a whiff of his busted lip. Touching his face tentatively, Lu Han thanked what little fortune he had left that there were no other bruises or swelling besides his lip.

 Feeling the pain diminished to somewhat tolerable level, Lu Han tested the waters and opened his eyes. Blinking rapidly, he allowed his eyes to adjust to the light, only to shut them immediately afterwards when he saw the crowd that was now hovering over him. He covered his face with his hands, groaning not only from the still prevalent throb but also from the humiliating situation he was in.

 “Lu-ge! Lu-ge! Are you hurt?! Are you okay?! Lu-ge!”

 “Oh my god! I’m so sorry, Lu Han-sunbaenim! I didn’t mean to hit you!”

 “Jeez… Yuta, that was one nice sho-OW! What was that for?!!”

 “Can it, newbie! Lu Han! Tell me where it hurts!”

 Lu Han could feel some shake him lightly; most probably Minho since his voice was the closest. Gently shaking of the strong hands that were trying to will him awake, he turned to his side, curling into himself as he wished with all his might that he could somehow evaporate from existence. Knowing his luck however, the universe would most probably give him the complete opposite of what he wanted.

 “Oh my god, Luhannie! Are you alright?!”

 “Lu-hyung! Lu-hyung!”

 “Jesus… That was some hit, Lulu!”

 Ah… Just on cue…

 With another long, drawn out groan, he gathered up the courage to face the music. Cautiously peeking out between his fingers, Lu Han immediately returned to his world of darkness when the first thing he saw was the scrunched up and extremely close face of Oh Sehun. From what little he saw, he made out the look of utter concern marking the beautiful face of his ice prince. He would have been fanboying like crazy if he wasn’t extremely embarrassed by the entire situation.

 “I-I’m fine, guys! Really! It’s just my head! And my pride…” Lu Han mumbled the last part to himself; which thankfully, no one heard considering everything was muffled by his hands still covering his face.

 “OKAY, EVERYONE! BACK OFF! BACK OFF! GIVE THE GUY SOME SPACE!”

 Lu Han could sense the crowd shifting a bit to give the much needed space his coach was demanding from them. He then felt a hand gingerly wrap itself around his nape which gently guided Lu Han to face skyward. “Lu Han! Lu Han! I need you to open up your eyes, kid! We need to check if you have any concussions…”

 Moving his hands back to his sides, Lu Han  tentatively opened his eyes, only to be met with the his worrisome coach holding a pen light over his head. He tried to squint at the bright light shining down on him but his coach had retrieved his hand from its perch at the back of his neck and used to keep the eye directly under the light open. “Alright! Well, so far so good… Can you stand up?” After giving a shy nod, Lu Han carefully sat up, using his arms to support himself; lest he suddenly feels like falling down again. Thankfully, Lu Han’s painful throbbing has now been reduced to a minor headache.

 Taking the hand offered by his coach that was now standing next to him, Lu Han sprung up from the grass and nearly fell back down when he was suddenly overwhelmed by an extreme heady feeling. The gathered crowd sprang into action, but Lu Han’s out stretched arm kept them at bay. His coach was support enough, immediately taking a hold of Lu Han’s elbow when he saw the deer wobbling a bit.

 With another affirmative nod, Lu Han’s coach let go but still hovered around the boy just in case he needed his assistance. To Lu Han’s relief, it seemed like he could manage standing up on his own and gave everyone around him the cheeriest smile he could muster. His relief was shortly outlive however when everyone began to descend on him like vultures to their pray.

 He could barely make out what anyone of them said since they were basically talking over each other. Apparently, they also disregarded Lu Han’s need for space as they began to close the already small gap between them. Lu Han began to feel like a cornered deer, growing faint from the amount of attention he was receiving from everyone. Luckily, the sound of the shrill whistle cut everyone off as his coach regarded the crowd with a murderous look.

 “I SAID, EVERYONE BACK OFF! AISH! THESE KIDS!” Lu Han’s coach guided Lu Han out of the football field and away from their little “comfort” circle; unfortunately, it also meant he was heading towards a different kind of crowd. His fan club had gathered around the benches eagerly awaiting the arrival of their prince.

 “OPPA! GWAENCHANAYO?!”

 “LUHAN-OPPA! HERE’S SOME WATER!”

 “OMMONA HANNIE-OPPA! YOUR LIP!”

 Seeing the rowdy crowd that was waiting, both Lu Han and his coach gave each other a weary look. “Maybe it would be better if we sent you to the clinic…” Normally Lu Han would have protested but with the frenzied fan girls eager to wait on his hand and foot, he thought it would be best to heed his coach’s advice.

 “We’ll take him!” Peering over his shoulders, Lu Han could see that Jongin, along with Sehun, Taemin and the whole team had followed them out to the benches. “And when I say we, I mean me, Barbie, and Mr. Gloom and Doom over there.” Jongin continued, snaking his arm around Taemin’s shoulders who was staring at Minho with a look of both longing and guilt.

 “It’s okay babe! I’d rest easy knowing you’re with them.” Minho gave Taemin a peck on his cheeks which earned him a shy smile from the latter. “I’ll go too!” Minseok piped in this time, eagerly raising his hand in the air whilst wearing the sternest look he could muster on his little baozi face.

 “Sorry, Xiuminnie but the three of them are more than enough. Plus we still have football practice to finish.” Minho wrapped his arm around Minseok’s shoulder, giving a brotherly squeeze while giving him a reassuring smile. Minseok on the other hand merely gave an exasperated groan and pouted cutely at Lu Han, puffing out his cheeks. He knew he lost his opportunity when the trio offered their help but no one could blame a baozi for trying.  

 “Text me when everything checks out. Okay, Lu-ge?” Lu Han gave him an eager nod which Minseok accepted with with his usually cheery smiles, reaching his eyes.

 “Alright! That settles it then! I expect you three to take special care of our MVP and make sure he follows through with whatever your Yoona-noona says. As for you!” Lu Han turned towards his coach who was now giving him the stink eye upon prompting. “I expect you to work everything out with her and to follow whatever she recommends. Also, ask her to write up a medical report for me so that I can be sure you’re good to continue with practice. Got it?”

 His coach gave no room for argument so Lu Han simply nodded at all of his demands. Satisfied with the response, his coach returned his attention to the rest of the team and called them out to the field again. “Remember to text me, Lu-geh!” Xiumin yelled before heading out with his team mates as well.

 With what felt like a sigh that came from the depths of his soul, he turned his attention towards his escorts only to stop short after realizing the full gravity of his predicament. There in front of him were two of his biggest problems; one had a rather cheerful grin replacing his usual coy smirk while the other had a rather sheepish expression as he regarded Lu Han with warmth in his eyes.

 Shifting his gaze from one to the other, Lu Han decided to play it safe and headed towards the neutral party. He wordlessly yanked a rather surprised Taemin with him, passing by the gorgeous duo and earning him curious glances from both.  He clung unto Taemin’s arm like an awkward koala-deer when he felt the two following closely behind them.

 As they headed towards the lockers to get his stuff, Lu Han couldn’t help but dread what was to come, noticing how his misfortunes just kept getting from bad to worse. It seemed like all his good fortune had ran out and karma was now biting him in the with a vengeance.

 I knew today was to good to be true!


 The walk towards the nurse’s office was quiet; the only words that were ever exchanged was Jongin offering to carry Lu Han’s bag and Lu Han stoically accepting. Even Taemin kept silent, which was unheard of since the hyperactive freshman could chew someone’s ear off with stories about him, dancing, or his relationship with Minho. Then again, who could blame him; between the obvious tension between the three of them and the vice-like grip Lu Han had on his arm, he knew now was not the time to talk.

 Rounding the last corner, Lu Han was stunned to see both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo already waiting by the clinic door. Kyungsoo was sitting down on one of the waiting chair’s outside the office, quietly doing his homework, while Baekhyun was digging a trench in the ground with the amount of pacing he was doing. Alerted that they were no longer alone in the hallway, both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked up to see Lu Han and his party come towards them. Without a second thought, both boys rushed over to Lu Han, trying to assess how bad the damage is.

 “Lulu are you ok-”

 “Oh my gosh, Luhannie! We were so worried about you! Are you hurt! Are you-OMMONA!!! YOU’RE LIP!!! WHO DID THIS TO YOU?! I SWEAR TO GOD, I’LL CASTRATE HIM MYSELF! Don’t worry though, with a little bit of concealer and lip tint, no one will be able to tell the difference!” Baekhyun was in full blown hysterics after seeing Lu Han’s state, patting him all over before grabbing his face and inspecting every inch of it for anymore noticeable damage.

 “I-I’m fine Baekhyunnie! Seriously! It doesn’t hurt that much! And besides, these kinds of injuries come with the job, you know...” Lu Han grabbed a hold of Baekhyun’s wrists who was now squishing his face, giving the pup his wide, eye smile; only to backfire when he winced at the sting caused by stretching his injured lips.Baekhyun went even more emotional at Lu Han’s reaction; moisture threatening to fall down his cheeks as he inspected every part of Lu Han’s body, threatening bloody murder to the punk who would do this to their sensitive Lu Han.

 Sensing Lu Han’s distress, Kyungsoo decided to intercede and restrain Baekhyun from terrifying the already frighted deer any further. Or at least he attempted to as he dragged a flailing Baekhyun by his shoulders; in the end he gave Baekhyun one of his infamous head locks which, surprisingly, caused him to struggle even more.

 “Y-YAH! YOU BIG OAF! L-LET GO OF ME!” Baekhyun managed to exclaim between pants; his face turning and impressive shade of red fighting off an unexpectedly strong Kyungsoo.

 “I WILL ONCE YOU PROMISE NOT TO HARASS LU HAN!”

 Taemin, Jongin and Sehun could only look on with a mixture of both shock and terror; they didn’t realized that their squishy hyung could be so strong. Lu Han on the other hand, only gave a nervous smile since this was just another typical occurrence in their crazy lives. He jumped a little when the office door suddenly snapped open with a rather loud bang, echoing off the silent hallway.

 “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! CAN’T YOU SEE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO WORK!!!” Everyone immediately froze once they saw the fuming nurse in the doorway. Yoona was giving each and everyone of them a death glare before she settled on Lu Han’s busted lip. After seeing the wounded student, she instantly composed herself but kept the steely glint her eyes knowing how rowdy this particular group of students could be.

 “Oh, Luhannie! Back so soon? Did you miss me that much that you needed to get injured, again? You know my door is always open if you just wanted to visit.” Her sickly sweet tone was offset by the raised eyebrows and blank expression adorning her face. Squinting towards the two that was causing all the ruckus, she raised a perfectly manicured finger and glared holes into both of them. “You two! If don’t stop your roughhousing, I’ll send you both to detention faster than you could say penicillin! And for the love of god, would you please let him go! I don’t want to deal with two students this late in the day if I can help it!”

 Looking down, Kyungsoo realized that Baekhyun had been in his choke hold far longer than necessary; he had now turned into a shade of purple and was very well near suffocating. Realizing his error, Kyungsoo immediately released Baekhyun who collapsed on his knees, gasping desperately to get some air in his lungs. Satisfied, Yoona once again addressed the group of boys gathered at her door and eyed them suspiciously before giving them a heart warming eye smile.

 “So~ How may I help you boys today?” Everyone could only stare dumbly at her greeting, thinking how truly terrifying their Yoona-noona can be. Once they got over their initial shock and mindlessly followed their nurse inside her clinic, they managed to fill her in on the purpose of their visit. It was mostly Jongin and Taemin who did the talking however since Lu Han could only manage to respond to Yoona’s question with extremely short answers.

 “Aigoo! First a fainting spell then a bruised cheek and now this! Honestly, you kids should really stay out of trouble!” Everyone except Jongin and Lu Han grew curious over Yoona’s outburst with Kyungsoo taking the lead in asking what’s all on their mind.

 “Excuse me, Yoona-noona! What do you mean by a bruised cheek? Lu Han didn’t get a another injury yesterday, did he?!” Lu Han began blushing furiously, growing flustered at the implication that he was the other injured party. Flapping his arms by his side, he tried to defend himself but was saved from explaining when Yoona interrupted.

 “I wasn’t talking about Lu Han. I was referring to your friend over there.” Yoona said, pointing with her thumb over to where Jongin was leaning casually next to her medicine cabinet. At the revelation, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Taemin gave Jongin wide-eyed, shocked expressions while Jongin himself was nonchalantly inspecting the human anatomy poster opposite of him.

 “I fell down some stairs.” Jongin said with a shrug after he noticed that the attention was on him. Lu Han was watching Jongin when he noticed Sehun blushing lightly and hanging his head low when he heard of Jongin’s injury.

 “Those must have been extremely hard stairs if they hit you so hard on one specific location…” Yoona skeptically said with a quirk of her brow; she didn’t believe the falling-down-the-stairs excuse Jongin was pulling for one second, having a lot of experience with injuries and bruises to tell the difference.

 Lu Han noticed Jongin dart his eyes to Sehun for a split second before shrugging once again. Turning back to Sehun, Lu Han could swear that Sehun hung his head even lower at Yoona’s statement. It was Kyungsoo however who recovered, asking the most pertinent question that must have been on everybody’s mind.

 “WAIT! YOU HAVE A BRUISE?! WHY DIDN’T I NOTICE IT BEFORE?!” Kyungsoo ran over to where Jongin was, grabbing a hold of his chin and turning his face this way and that way rather forcefully. It tooks some really close inspection but Kyungsoo barely made out an almost imperceptible cut right above his left cheek bone. It didn’t look painful and was on its way to being healed but Kyungsoo couldn’t help worrying for just a bit.

 “IS THAT WHY YOU’RE WEARING MAKE UP?!” Taemin exclaimed before Kyungsoo could continue; Baekhyun on the other hand gave a triumphant humph, looking rather pleased with himself. “I knew that was make-up! Let me guess, BB-cream and concealer right?”

 Jongin gave Baekhyun a rather uninterested look before shrugging once again; his attention was yanked back to Kyungsoo however, when the brunette forced the younger to face him with the hand that was still holding his chin. Kyungsoo began to absentmindedly Jongin’s jaw with his thumb as he gazed softly into Jongin’s cold eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me?” His voice cracking at the last part from the overwhelming concern he must have been feeling for the tan dancer.

 “Cause I didn’t want you to worry…” Jongin had reached up and held onto Kyungsoo’s hand, ceasing his ministrations as he held Kyungsoo’s gaze with his own; the warmth in his eyes betraying the Kai mask he was wearing. Kyungsoo released Jongin’s chin in favor of hold his cheek while Kai never let go of his hand; languidly the back of the elder’s hand with his thumb as he nested deeper into his palm.

 Now, considering Lu Han’s new found feelings for Jongin, he should have been livid with jealousy considering the rather intimate skinship the two were sharing. But Lu Han knew he could trust Kyungsoo and that they are just childhood best friends with an extremely strong bond; he understood considering that he and Minseok had been in their fair share of suggestive skinship moments.

 It was Baekhyun however, who decided that enough was enough.

 “Alright you two! Break it up!” Baekhyun said after nervously coughing at the two’s lovey-dovey moment; prompting the couple to casually let go of one another and return their focus on Lu Han. Lu Han on the other hand, had been watching the whole scene unfold when his head was forcibly yanked towards Yoona’s direction. He received another shock when a penlight was once again shone in his eyes without warning.

 “Do you feel dizzy or lightheaded?” Yoona asked, keeping Lu Han’s eye, which desperately wanted to block out the light, open with her fingers. “N-no… I did a while ago, but now I’m fine.” Lu Han said, gulping nervously at having the pretty woman so close to his face.

 “Well… It seems like you don’t have a concussion but just to be sure, keep yourself awake for the next three to five hours. Now let me do something about that lip of yours.”

 Lu Han was able to finally breathe easy once Yoona  got out of his face. He took this time to watch his friends inside the clinic room. He noticed Jongin returned to his original position leaning against the wall near the cabinet with his arms across his chest with Kyungsoo awkwardly standing nearby staring off into space. Baekhyun and Taemin on the other hand were busy chatting away about the best makeup products to cover bruises sitting in the chairs in front of Yoona’s desk. Last but not least, Sehun was just silently sitting by himself on the cot opposite of him completely focused on the little game he had going with his fingers.

 Suddenly realizing how weird it was having all of them here considering they had their own club practices to attend to, he wanted to ask about their unexpected presence. Not that he was complaining or anything but he was just surprised and curious knowing how dedicated they also were to their extracurricular activities. He was just about to ask when he felt something damp and soft touch the cut on his lip, making him wince at the pain.

 "Hold still, will yah!” Yoona exclaimed while continuing with her application of the disinfectant on the open wound. Lu Han knew the time for talk had passed, so he resigned himself to his position on the clinic bed, keeping perfectly still and letting Yoona work her magic. While Yoona was busy applying the medicine, Lu Han took the time to observe Kyungsoo and Jongin seeing as there was nothing much to do. He suddenly realized how much the two of them were more alike than he first initially thought; both were caring and affectionate with the people closest to them in their own way and both of them carried around this cold and unaffected persona as a defense mechanism whenever they feel threatened.

 Jongin had been the new childish and bubbly Kim Jongin that he was only recently getting to know but managed to slip into his Kai mask with ease when his little “secret” had been revealed. He tried to play it off like it didn’t matter and that he didn’t care but Lu Han knew that he intentionally kept it from everyone; heck, he thought that he would have even kept it from him if he wasn’t there yesterday when he was getting treated for it.

 And what was that lame excuse of falling down the stairs?!

 Seriously, even Lu Han knew better than to believe in that bull ; he was keeping something from them, something important. Otherwise, why would he try so hard to play it off like it was no big deal?

 Or maybe it really is no big deal and he really did fell down some stairs. You’re reading into things too much, Lu…”

 Internally sighing, the best Lu Han could do for now is basically make mini-debates in his head on what Jongin may or may not be keeping secret. In the end though, he is intrigued; he needed to get to know Kim Jongin more and uncover the mysteries behind the young dancer.

 Lu Han winced once again when he now felt something cold and slimy being applied to his lip. “Sorry…” Yoona apologized blankly, preoccupied with putting on what looked like ointment on his swollen lip. Turning his attention away from Jongin and Kyungsoo, he now began observing Sehun who was still fidgeting on the narrow clinic bed he had been sitting on.

 Now unlike Jongin, Sehun seemed to have no control over his emotions. He wasn’t just the angsty ice prince everyone made him out to be; Lu Han had expected as much from the little he had been able to observe before. But beyond that, he is also this adorable school kid that was both surprisingly childish and shy at the same time. Then there is the Oh Sehun who is a greasy, cheese ball, shamelessly playing with Lu Han’s heart strings which he had to admit, kinda turned him on.

 Sure, both Jongin and Sehun had many facets and complicated personalities; but unlike Jongin who could slip between each persona with ease depending on the need, Sehun is more reactive and transparent with his emotions. Like the wind, he wavers from one emotion to the other wherever the situation takes him; he has his masks, but at least they are easier to break than he originally thought.

 Kinda like right now.

 Sehun was nervously playing with his fingers while darting his eyes every now and then at Jongin; he looked like a guilty child caught red handed with his arm elbow deep in the cookie jar. If that wasn’t a clear indication of “I did something wrong”, then Lu Han didn’t know what was. He can’t help feel though that Jongin’s “accident” and Sehun’s fidgeting were somehow related. He couldn’t put his finger on it but he was pretty sure they are connected in someway.

 All in all, both boys were quite the characters and Lu Han was completely spell bound by them; he needed to uncover the enigmas that are Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin. He felt the strong urge to get to know them and peel off every layer they had to offer to get to know the real person underneath. Even if he didn’t find find true love down the path that he was trekking on, then he wouldn’t mind coming out with two great friendships with these two interesting boys.

 “All done!”

 At Yoona’s cheery statement, Lu Han instinctively inched his hand up towards his lip to inspect her handy work when her surprisingly strong grip ceased anymore movement (and circulation).

 “Na-ah… Don’t touch… Now, here is some disinfectant and antibacterial ointment!” Lu Han received both tubes in a daze as he was still slowly coming out of his thoughts. “First wash the wound with a clean, damp cloth-not directly under running water please! Then apply the disinfectant first before the ointment! I suggest using q-tips but clean fingers would also be fine.”

 Lu Han nodded at Yoona’s instructions and gave her a bow before thanking her for her help. Yoona chuckled at Lu Han’s slightly frazzled state and patted him affectionately on the back. “Now don’t me catch you here again any time soon! Araso? But if you ever feel like visiting your poor old Yoona-noona then, again, my door is always open. Is there anything else you need help with, Luhannie?”

 Lu Han was about to say no when Jongin suddenly piped up from where he still stood. “Ummm… Actually, Kim-seonsaengnim also asked for a medical report on Lu Han’s condition since he didn’t want to risk Lu Han-hyung’s health by forcing him to attend soccer practice prematurely.”

 “AISH! That Kim Junsu! Giving me more work than I need!” Yoona’s eye was twitching with her sudden outburst, tightening her grip on the pen she was holding; everyone growing afraid that she might actually break it. “Fine! But tell that brute that he owes me one! UGH! Typical of that man!” Noticing the petrified looks of five high schoolers directed at her, Yoona gave each of them her meanest death glare. “Scram! All of you! And Lu Han make sure you go home directly! No detours! Understood?!”

 Everyone nodded eagerly at her command and hurriedly exited the room after bowing at her in gratitude. Once out of the clinic, they ran down the hallway; afraid of being collateral damage from Im Yoona’s wrath, which is quite terrifying or so they’ve heard. They know that no teacher would willingly harm a student, but after witnessing the wild, frenzied look in Yoona’s eyes, they would rather be safe than sorry. After making sure they were a quite distance away from the clinic, they stopped in order to catch their breathe.

 Resting his hands on his knees as he continued to gasp for air, Lu Han looked around at his friends who were in the same state. “Well… Th-that was kinda fun…” Lu Han said with a small chuckle, smiling brightly at each of his friends who gave matching smirks in return.

 “Easy for you to say, your not the one carrying your bag!” Jongin said causing everyone to burst out into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Lu Han was thankful for this; his life felt so surreal after everything that has happened, so this moment where he can finally feel like a kid again, laughing with his friends was an extremely welcomed change. They continued to laugh until they clutched their stomachs and gasped for breath once more. It was Taemin who managed to straighten out first, letting out a deep sigh as he stood.

 “As much as I want to play poke the bear with you guys some more, I need to go back to Minho-hyung and give him a complete status report!”

 “And face..” Jongin winked at Taemin who gave him a greasy smirk in return.

 “Yeah… That too… Ciao guys!” Taemin jogged towards the area of the football field; leaving a rather scandalized Lu Han in his wake.

 “Oh ummm… I have to go too!” Baekhyun exclaimed after checking something on his phone. Kyungsoo and Lu Han gave the pup a curious look, knowing Baekhyun’s driver wasn’t due to arrive within the next fifteen minutes. “Why? Where are you going?” Kyungsoo asked with a skeptical quirk in his brow.

 “Uh… You know, meeting a friend for a favor!” Baekhyun gave Lu Han a side wink who fortunately got what he meant.

 “That’s kinda vague…”

 “Well you’re kinda vague, you overgrown owl! Now if you don’t mind, I have an appointment to keep!” And with that Baekhyun ran down the opposite side of where Taemin went, most probably going to the gymnasium where the basketball team must be wrapping up their practice.

 “Hmph! Now where is that pup going off too?”

 “W-well he did say he needed to meet someone for something… It must be really important… Baekhyun is an important person…” Lu Han said rather lamely, shrugging his shoulders to seem more casual. Kyungsoo however saw right through the act and squinted suspiciously at Lu Han; even Jongin and Sehun gave the nervous deer a curious glance.

 “Okay… I’ll let this one slide… For now…” Kyungsoo gave Lu Han once final glare before turning his attention to the two freshmen. “How about you two?”

 “Well…” Jongin said, eyeing Sehun who looked everywhere except at Jongin. “I think Sehun and I are gonna get our stuff from our lockers”

 “We are?!” Sehun dumbfoundedly stared at Jongin, looking at him as if he grew two heads.

 “Yeah, we are! It’ll give us a chance to talk and bond and stuff…” Jongin gave Sehun a reassuring smile forcing the ice prince to stare hard on the ground. After some time, Sehun nodded to Jongin’s suggestion, giving the tan dancer a shy smile in return. “What about you princess? Do you need us to walk you home?”

 Lu Han blanched at the idea of walking home with both Sehun and Jongin, at the same time. He wasn’t prepared for such a thing and he didn’t know if he could handle it. It was bad enough that he could hardly function like a regular human being with either one of them, but to have them both there, at the same time, with him, alone, was just too much pressure that he actually might spontaneously combust from the sheer pressure of trying to keep an actual civilized conversation between the three of them. Looking at Jongin’s soft smile and Sehun’s expectant face, Lu Han didn’t have the heart to refuse though; luckily he didn’t have to when Kyungsoo piped in.

 “That won’t be necessary, I can walk him home since we both live in the same area. That is if he wants to?” Kyungsoo said with an inquisitive quirk of his brow. Lu Han eagerly nodded to Kyungsoo’s suggestion which earned him a chuckle from Jongin and an adorable pout from Sehun.

 “Alright, alright! I guess we’ll see you tomorrow then! Anyways, your bag, sir….” Lu Han accepted his bag from Jongin with a curt bow. “Come on, Sehunnie!” Jongin yanked Sehun by the elbows as the made their way down the hallway. Sehun looked like he wanted to protest but Jongin’s strong grip on his arm gave no room for argument.

 Both Kyungsoo and Lu Han looked on at the retreating figures with curious stares before shrugging at each other at the odd display of the freshmen. “Let’s go?” Lu Han asked Kyungsoo as he shifted his duffel bag on his shoulder.

 “Yeah, sure… Let me just grab my stuff from my locker…”

 And with an excited nod, both Lu Han and Kyungsoo made their way home; leaving another eventful day in SM High behind them.


 Everyone stared at the colorful pup as he turned into a bright orange indicating his excitement to their upcoming mission. Noticing their eyes on him, Baekhyun quirked his head to the side as he cutely blinked at them.

 “What? Do I have something on my face?”

 Pandemonium broke out louder than the chaos that had ensued with Lu Han’s own admission. This time Lu Han joined in the fray, voicing out his own refusal to Baekhyun’s statement. He nearly jumped out of his seat, causing Baekhyun to plop down on the soft grass, shaking it off as he glared in annoyance at the frantic deer.

 “YAH! What was that for?!”

 “BAEKHYUN?! YOU’RE NOT COMING WITH US! THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I’M ALLOWING THAT! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING?!”

 “Ne! The Dark Wood, right?” Baekhyun chirped gleefully, as if the terrifying place as nothing to him.  Meanwhile, Lu Han could only look on perplexed at how the slumbering pup figured that out.

 “H-how did you know? How long have you been awake?!”

 “Hmmm… A while!” Baekhyun said with a thoughtful roll of his eyes. Chanyeol on the other hand suddenly turned as a tomato realizing the implications of their previous conversations to the pup.

 “H-HOW MUCH DID YOU HEAR!”

 Baekhyun squinted his eyes at the tall elf, growing irritated at the sight of the woodland giant.

Enough. I woke up when you started shouting about how dangerous it was for Luhannie to join you guys. Thanks for that by the way…” Baekhyun squinted harder, his suspicions increasing as Chanyeol’s blushed turned brighter, reaching to the very tips of his ears. “Why? What’s it to yah?!”

 “Uh-ummm…. N-nothing…” The taller glared at Kai when he heard him snigger off at the side. Baekhyun growing tired of Chanyeol’s weirdness, turned a dark shade of grey before turning his attention back to Lu Han with a pleading glint in his eyes.

 “But why, Luhannie? You’re coming too, aren’t you?” Baekhyun, asked innocently.

 “Yeah, Lulu! Why can’t Baekhyun come along as well?” Kyungsoo, asked sarcastically seeing how hypocritical Lu Han was about the whole situation. Maybe this was his chance to turn the tide and to convince these morons to abandon their fool’s errand. Being caught at his own inconsistency, Lu Han floundered a bit as he tried to find a good excuse on why their furry friend could not join their quest.

 “B-because, it’s too dangerous for a pup like you!”

 “Uh-hah… So it’s too dangerous for him to go but not for you?”

 “YES!”

 “And why is that?”

 “C-cause’... H-he’s… H-he’s small a-and… umm.. He’s got no thumbs!”

 “YAH! What’s that supposed to mean?!” Baekhyun asked irritatedly as Lu Han continued to struggle with coming up with a good excuse. “Kai’s going and he’s got no thumbs!”

 “Y-yeah! B-but he’s much bigger than you!”

 “Then all the better! You can carry me the whole! Since those three are gonna be acting like your guards then if I stick with you, I’m twice as protected!” Baekhyun gave Lu Han a merong knowing there was no good reason for Lu Han from prohibiting him from joining. If the frail Chinese deer was going then an additional, portable pup would be no problem.

 “Yeah, Lu… Baekhyun makes a good point… If you’re so uncomfortable with him coming then maybe you shouldn’t go as well.” Kyungsoo was capitalizing on Baekhyun’s stubbornness for once as he saw Lu Han hesitate. Shifting his nervous gaze from the owl to the pup, he finally gave in upon realizing there was no way out of this one without him conceding to Baekhyun’s demands.

 “FINE! But you keep close to me at all times! Araso?”

 Baekhyun yapped excitedly at being allowed to join in their little adventure while Kyungsoo looked on with shock. Yifan on the other hand, once again, shook the ground with his tail as he growled at everyone in the clearing.

 “HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! I DON’T NEED ANYMORE HEADS TO WORRY ABOUT ON THIS MISSION! NOW SEE HERE PUP, HAVING LU HAN AND KAI ALONG IS MORE THAN ENOUGH! I CAN’T ALLOW ANY MORE PEOPLE WITH US!”

 “Y-yeah, Baekhyunnie! It’s really dangerous out there… You m-might get hurt and stuff…” Chanyeol piped in, nearly mumbling out the last part as he gave Baekhyun a weary glance.

 “Besides, this big lug would only get distracted  trying to make sure nothing happens to you.” Kai gave a coy smirk and knowing smile to Chanyeol who only gaped in return as the blood immediately rushed to his face. “His little amulet would go off and-”

 “Y-YAH! THAT’S ENOUGH!” Chanyeol used his bare hands to try and shut the wolf’s snout but Kai was seeing it coming so he easily dodged the elf’s tackle. Baekhyun just stared at them boredly before turning his excited puppy eyes at the fuming dragon.

 “But Kris~ I would be a great addition for your team! I mean, I did kinda spend most of my life in those woods!” Baekhyun eagerly said to the hulking beast, shifting into a shade of bright yellow. Everyone stopped dare in their tracks as their eyes bulged out of their sockets as they regarded the surprising pup.

 “WAIT! Y-you’ve been there?!” Kyungsoo was the one who immediately became skeptical of the pup’s latest revelation; the pup could hardly take care of himself, let alone survive in the Dark Wood alone. Baekhyun on the other hand gave him a quizzical brow before continuing.

 “Yeah. How do you think I turned into a color-shifting puppy! That doesn’t normally happen you know!”

 Lu Han had to take a step back and consider his admission; now that he thinks about it he didn’t know much about Baekhyun’s past, except for the fact that he suddenly appeared in his tower with a cloud of smoke, complaining about someone’s stupidity. And he was sure as hell that puppies normally didn’t come into this world with fur that changed color with their mood swings.

 “S-so, you’ve actually lived there? As in lived, lived there? Inside? The Dark Wood? Yifan said, still trying to wrap his head around the fact that this small pup had been a resident of that nightmarish forest. Eager to impress the dragon, Baekhyun immediately perked up before replying.

 “Ne, Kris-hyung! I lived there with some idiot friends who are the reason why I am now walking on four legs!”

 “HOLD UP! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE LIVING IN THERE?!” Chanyeol was the one who shouted his question this time, causing the puppy to glare at him harshly.

 “Yes, there are! That bumbling trio who turned me into a freakin’ mutt!”

 “Woah there! So you mean tell us that you weren’t always an annoying, hairy runt? Kai asked, shocked that Baekhyun had not always been what he is. The latter on the other hand was getting annoyed.

 “Yah! What is this?! Twenty questions?!” Baekhyun gave an exasperated sigh knowing he would most likely be grilled for more information. “Yes I wasn’t always the glorious, and majestic beast that I am. I was once human, you know! A witch’s apprentice in fact!”

 “WITCHES?!” Everyone once again gasped at Baekhyun’s revelation; knowing how dangerous magic users were, they were more than shocked to know that not only was their tiny and quite sensitive Baekhyun once a human but he was also a magic user in training. With witches no less! Seeing the scared look in everyone eyes, Baekhyun groaned once more before alighting their fears.

 “There not that scary you know! In fact, my former-mistresses are the most inept and harmless group of witches you would ever find!”

 “THEN WHY DID THEY TURN YOU INTO A DOG?!” Kyungsoo was now shrieking, getting more skeptical with the fantastical things coming from Baekhyun’s mouth.

 “BECAUSE THOSE IDIOTS WERE ONLY SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME A POTION THAT WOULD MAGICALLY ALTER MY HAIR COLOR, INSTEAD THEY TURNED ME INTO THIS! AND WHEN THEY TRIED TO CHANGE ME BACK! THEY INADVERTENTLY TELEPORTED ME INTO THAT DAMN TOWER!” Baekhyun was the one fuming now as he was sick and tired of answering so many questions. Calming down a bit, he gave out an exhausted sigh before continuing. “Now look, I can help you look for this prince of yours since I am quite familiar with the area. Also, I could pay those morons a visit and finally change myself back! The life of a puppy has been fun and all but I miss my old glorious human body, thank you very much! Hopefully they now know of a way to turn me back to normal...”

 Chanyeol once again furiously blushed at the mention of Baekhyun turning back to human; if he found the latter extremely adorable as a puppy, he could only imagine what he looked like standing on two legs. Yifan on the other hand, gave an amused chuckle after the odd turn of events. He felt better now knowing that the possibility of not only surviving the Dark Wood but also living in it is real. And with a guide, they might actually make it in time and stop this war from happening; if they found the prince alive in time.

 “Alright, alright! You made your case. You can come… I must say, you are quite full of surprises, pup!” Baekhyun barked excitedly at both Yifan’s permission and the words of praise he gave him. He was even more eager knowing he was actually going on a real adventure with his Lulu and get the chance to get his old life back. All in all, Baekhyun was a happy pup; his fur turning nearly platinum with the amount of joy and excitement he was feeling.

 Kyungsoo on the other hand, felt the complete opposite; knowing that he could do nothing now to stop his friends from their mission at hand, he decided that if he couldn’t beat them, he might as well join them.

 “I guess, I’ll be going to then…” Kyungsoo said with a defeated sigh, shaking his head as he gazed fondly at the group gathered in front of him. “I mean who else would be level headed enough to keep you -heads from killing yourselves!”

 “I would argue, but knowing you four, what’s the point…” Yifan was the one sighing now before giving in to his chuckles; not really believing how there grim situation turned somewhat hopeful within a short period of time.

 “Cool! This is going to be fun! Usually it’s just me and Kris on these things but having more people will surely make it more interesting!” Chanyeol joined in with Yifan’s laughter, reinvigorated with new energy at the prospect of adventuring with their new party.

 “You’re just happy that Baekhyun’s coming along…” Kai said quietly, making sure only Chanyeol could hear him. The latter made another attempt at tackling down the wolf but unfortunately, even with his enhanced speed, he was still no match for the wolf’s instincts.

 Lu Han and Baekhyun on the other hand were successful in tackling Kyungsoo, pouncing on him as they showered the irked owl with pecks and .

 “Y-yah! G-get off me!” He tried to fly away but was held back by Lu Han who had been clutching him to his chest as they all lay on the ground together. Giving up, he merely succumbed to the bubble of mirth spreading inside him as he joined the others in their cheerful giggles.

 “Kyungie~ This is gonna be so fun! Just think! You, me, and Lulu on our own adventure!” Baekhyun collapsed on the ground as he lay near the two was still locked in an embrace, with Kyungsoo this time on top of Lu Han.

 “Listen to me you two! This is not some game you here! There is still a real chance that we could get seriously hurt! I need you guys to treat this seriously and be extra careful!”

 At Kyungsoo’s stern lecture, Baekhyun and Lu Han could only roll their eyes, expecting nothing less from the obstinate owl than to the fun out of the moment.

 “Yeah! Yeah! We got it, oemma!”

 “You know the Dark Wood isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Why, I could easily guide you to where all the fun but safe trails are! You’d think it would be just some stroll in the park with me around!”

 Kai, Yifan, and Chanyeol looked on the trio fondly, the carefree atmosphere that the three of them created as they chatted excitedly away about the coming adventure ahead. As the moon shone high above the clearing, it’s reflection outshining every star on the crystalline water surface, another eventful day had ended for Lu Han. He couldn’t help but reflect how in the span of just two days, everything had completely changed for him. For so long he had been waiting for his prince to come along and rescue him but it looks like he will be the one doing all the rescuing. He could finally rest easy and actually look forward to the day ahead; excited with the new adventure that lay in his path with a group of crazy people he would gladly call his friends.

 Just wait for us prince! We’ll rescue you!


A/N:

Bear with me guys... Chapter 9 is on it's way! MIANHAE! T_T

But besides that, enjoy! :D