Old & New Friends

Pretty in Pink

 “Kyungsoo! Baekhyun! Kyungie! Baekkie! Kyungie! Baek-“

 “You know, it really isn’t a good idea to be shouting like that in a forest filled with all sorts of predators.”

 Lu Han and Kai had been wandering around the forest for hours now, searching for the former’s friends in the vast labyrinth made up of maples and marigolds. It was already past noon as the sun had gone well beyond its midpoint position in the sky, making its way far off into the horizon. The traveling duo thought it would be best to follow the sun’s trail as this would at least give them a general direction to follow.

 Lu Han was starting to grow worried as night would soon fall upon the already darkening woods, fearing not only for his own safety but that of his friends’. Although he is a little concerned for his feathered friend, he knew Kyungsoo could take care of himself just fine; not only is the owl capable of flight and therefore could avoid almost all dangers from the forest but is also quite resourceful and knowledgeable about basic woodland survival. Baekhyun, on the other hand, is small, defenseless and, if they were being honest with themselves, quite bratty, so Lu Han was especially worried for his furry little companion who was most likely cowering in some dark corner, alone and afraid.  

 Lu Han himself wasn’t all that sure with his own safety as well since he had no knowledge when it came to anything outside the tower. Mostly relying on Kyungsoo and Baekhyun for everything, Lu Han knew nothing about starting fires, setting up camp, or foraging for food so he was quite concerned on how he was going to spend the night in the dense woods. Having a big bad wolf by his side did well when it came to deterring any unwanted attention from would-be predators but did nothing when his issue was starving or freezing to death.

 Sure Lu Han could ask his hulking protector to hunt for their food and maybe snuggle together when it becomes really chilly out, but Lu Han wouldn’t dare eat anything raw and bloody, especially if it was some poor forest creature that would only remind him of his lost friends. As for the snuggling part, Lu Han could only blush at the prospect of having to share body heat with the unexpectedly attractive beast.

 At a loss of what he should do, Lu Han’s only recourse is to continue the search for his friends, hoping to at least find one of them before darkness decides to descend upon the fearsome forest. So far though his cries were only met with a resounding silence from the hushed woodlands and the constant griping of a sarcastic wolf.

 Maybe, it would help if his faithful savior was just a little bit more cooperative with his latest mission, Lu Han thought.

 “I am well aware, Kai, but since you’re here with me, I doubt any other animal would dare come near us.” Lu Han said with a roll of his eyes, growing a little tired of their new routine. “If it really bothers you that much, you could always use your wolfy nose to look for my friends!”

 “As I’ve told you before, princess, I can only do that if you have something with their scent on it. Otherwise, I would be looking for anything that smelled like a bird or a puppy and that would take us days to narrow down.”  

 “Well then I guess you need to get used to my means of searching for my friends now won’t you~”

 It has been like this for the past few hours; Lu Han screaming out for his friends while Kai derides his current efforts, deeming it too risky. The exasperated deer was growing a little impatient with their little “game”, wondering how Kyungsoo and Baekhyun managed their continuous bickering after all these years. Whenever the princess did have an alternative solution in mind, the obstinate wolf always found a way to refute his requests. Kai would say something like it was too dangerous, or unreasonable, or infeasible, or down right stupid, and Lu Han was tired of it.

 He was tired of having to walk around aimlessly for so long, tired of having to call out every now and again to no one in particular, tired of having to search for his friends on his own when he had someone with him who is more capable at finding them.

 Lu Han turned towards the difficult wolf, about to say something not very Lu Han like when he noticed Kai stilling by his side. He noted the tense posture of his companion; Kai suddenly sitting down on his hind quarters with his ears shooting up from his head and his eyes bulging wide. The deer started to fear for their safety when the wolf suddenly shot off towards their left.

 Not really wanting to be alone in the dark woods, Lu Han went after him, or at least attempted to as he tried so desperately to keep up with the undoubtedly fast wolf as a whizzed through the thick shrubberies and twisting roots.

 “Kai! Slow down, will yah! Not all of us are made up of muscle and legs!”

 Lu Han was starting to lose track of the harried wolf when he ungracefully tripped on an obscenely extended root, landing face first on the soft dirt. Cursing his so called protector to hell and back, it was when he started dusting off the dust on his pants that he heard what most probably prompted the wolf to speed off without so much as a notice.

 It was faint, but Lu Han was definitely sure that what he was hearing was real and not some concussion induced delusion from his fall. Hurriedly following after the wolf, Lu Han’s confidence grew as the unmistakable shouts became louder the more he made his way forward. The princess’ dainty legs started to wail in protest but Lu Han was too excited to pay any mind to the ache that was now crawling up his thighs.

 Almost tripping again on a soft patch of earth, Lu Han found himself in a small clearing, panting dramatically as he tried to alleviate the flames that were surely eating up his lungs from all the needless exertion he just did.

 I really need to exercise more.

 As Lu Han looked up, his breathe caught in his throat while his heart stilled its beating as he couldn’t believe the sight he was currently observing; not to mention the familiar shrieking that he once deemed as a nuisance which was now sweet music gracing his ears.

 “NOW LOOK HERE YOU OVERGROWN FUR BALL! IF YOU DON’T STOP HASSLING ME, I SWEAR, I’LL SWOOP DOWN THERE AND SCRATCH YOUR BEADY LITTLE EYEBALLS OUT!”

 Kyungsoo!

 Lu Han rushed forward at the odd scene of a wolf staring up at a hysterical owl who was screaming curses and death threats at his calm companion. Lu Han was beyond ecstatic to see his usually stoic friend; moisture starting to collect in his eyes, threating to spill over as relief and joy overflowed in his chest. Between the harsh workout he had to endure and the overpowering emotions he was currently feeling, Lu Han collapsed from the exhausting day he had the displeasure of experiencing and plopped down near the base of the tree which presently housed the irate owl.

 “Lu Han!”

 Noticing their new arrival, Kyungsoo stopped his endless ranting and immediately flew off from his perch to inspect his friend who was currently lying down on the forest floor. Landing on the breathless deer’s chest, Kyungsoo examined every inch of Lu Han that was within his winged reach.

“Lulu! Are you okay! Are you hurt! Where were you?! I’ve been looking for you everywhere! And what the hell are you doing here! Damn it! There’s a wolf here for God sake’s, Lu Han! Don’t you dare move!” Kyungsoo stopped his excessive fussing over the worn-out princess to regard the wolf with the most threatening death glare the owl could muster. “IF SO MUCH AS TWITCH, I WILL END YOU!”

 “S-soo… C-can’t… B-br-breathe!”

 Suddenly aware of his current post, Kyungsoo swiftly removed himself from the princess’ chest; only to settle himself on the ground next to Lu Han, blocking him off from the wolf who was now viewing them with veiled amusement. Raising his wings high up in the air, the owl attempted to be as menacing as possible, or at least as menacing as a two foot owl could be.

 “AGAIN! I SO MUCH AS SEE A HAIR OUT OF PLACE; I WON’T HESITATE TO CUT OUT YOUR THROAT AND PECK OUT YOUR MUZZLE!”

 “As much as the thought of screeching owl clawing my beautiful face off terrifies me, I wouldn’t dare harming the fragile little princess over there.” Kai said with a quirk of his brow and an arrogant smirk gracing his so called beautiful face.

 “AISH! ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME PUNK?! YOU WANNA GO?! IS THAT IT?!”

 Before Kyungsoo could fly off and make good on his threats, Lu Han gently grabbed hold of one of the owl’s wings, effectively grounding the owl from flight. Turning towards his weary friend, Kyungsoo was prepared to chastise the deer for stopping his assault when he noticed the pleading glint in Lu Han’s eye as he gave the wolf an affectionate and appreciative look.

 “S-stop… K-k-kai… Saved… M-me…”

 Not really understanding what the deer meant, Kyungsoo turned his attention at the equally confused wolf and gave him his best no-nonsense stare.

 “YOU! Explain! What is you’re connection to our Lu Han over here and why is he stopping me from ending your miserable life!”

 The wolf was about to give his usually haughty reply when he noticed the hostile glower the owl was giving him; somehow knowing that if he didn’t answer carefully the unassuming feathered creature would certainly give stalk to his previous painful promises. And so, with excessive caution, Kai recounted his tale of stumbling upon the suspended deer, rescuing him from his helpless predicament, and further saving him from certain death when he lunged at the snake that was slowly coiling its way around Lu Han.

 As he talked about their recent travels and subsequent search for his friends, Kai felt relief when the owl slowly calmed his features and started to regard him with a look of mixed gratitude and mild admiration. He was also struck with confusion when the owl’s gentle gaze filled him with a sense of overwhelming relief and familiarity. As if he finally found something that he has long been looking for.

 Shaking off the errant thought, Kai ended his little story with their current situation; an amused wolf and a feral owl having an odd little standoff while an exhausted deer wheezed in the background.

 Having heard the wolf’s strange narrative, Kyungsoo began to profusely apologize for his seemingly unbecoming behavior a while ago, further stating that he only said those things because he had to protect his friend from what seemed to be a dangerous predator. Kai merely chuckled at Kyungsoo’s excessive request for forgiveness.

 “No need to apologize since I would have probably done the same if I was in your shoes. In fact, if we are being honest here, I would have pounced first and asked questions later if I felt my friends were in any danger.”

 “Again I apologize for the misunderstanding and appreciate your sympathy, Mr. Wolf”

 “Please stop calling me Mr. Wolf, you can call me Kai.”

 “Well thanks Kai, my name is Kyungsoo.”

 Kyungsoo

 Kai was once again dumbfounded as the whole exchange felt as if it has happened before and that he has already heard the same voice utter the same name. Lost in his own world, Kai continued to wrack his brain for any memory he may have had of the owl but found himself drawing blanks. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo continued his motherly hovering over the tired princess, making sure that there was nothing wrong with their precious Lu Han.

 Tired from the day’s events, Lu Han was slowly drifting off into a deep slumber, mumbling weak assurances to his worried friend that he is indeed fine. Finally submitting to the Sandman’s sweet embrace, Lu Han couldn’t help the smile that was surely breaking on his face as he felt relief for not only finding one of his friends but also finally escaping the dreaded tower once and for all. With Kyungsoo’s constant fretting as his lullaby, Lu Han descended into the inky blackness that bordered his conscious reality and his sweet subconscious fantasies.                


 As Lu Han made his way towards his locker, the same locker where he and Kai had agreed to meet at, he couldn’t help the ever present feeling of dread that was slowly clawing its way up his throat. He has been anxious about their inevitable meeting ever since his last trip to the nurse’s office; his worries etched on his features the whole afternoon for the entire world to see.

 Of course his two best friends, ever accustomed to Lu Han’s moods and dispositions, picked up quickly on the deer’s growing frustrations. After incessantly inquiring for the princess’ present concerns, the two instantly felt relief when they found out that Lu Han’s current dilemma only consisted of a walk home with an arrogant tan-skinned boy.

 Both of them perfectly understood how prolonged exposure with the dancer could be vexing to the most patient of souls. Kim Jongin is shameless, needy for attention, and undoubtedly annoying even on his best days, but they also know that Kim Jongin could be trusted in ensuring that their frail Chinese friend would be able to arrive home safely. Not unless the poor boy wanted to be tormented by a rampaging Satansoo for the rest of his life, that is.

 Yes, Kim Jongin’s flaky and irritatingly sly persona was a slight bother compared to the resounding relief the two felt with the knowledge that a trusted friend is responsible for their Lu Han’s well-being.

 Sadly though, no matter how many times his friends tried to dispel his fears and assure him that this was for the best, Lu Han’s anxieties only grew as the day progressed. He even tried to weasel his way out from his nearing rendezvous with the boy; saying that he was perfectly fine and could very well attend football practice after school. To dissuade him from his reckless excuse, both boys only had to remind him of the stern scolding he would most likely receive from Minho and threatened to report his defiance to their school nurse.  

 The thought of Im Yoona knowing his rebellious act alone was enough for Lu Han to admit defeat and agree to his and Jongin’s meeting; Lu Han so did not want to become another cautionary tale of what happens when one does not follow Im Yoona’s commands. So with that, Lu Han found himself slowly walking towards his destiny, each step getting him closer to his impending doom.

 If Lu Han was being honest with himself, the prospect of walking home with Jongin isn’t all that bad. For one a lot of people would die to be in his shoes; having special alone time with the one and only Kim Kai was only a fantasy for some. For another, it was comforting to know that there is someone escorting him home since he really isn’t really sure that he won’t keel over while on the road considering the amount of stress he has been under lately. Also, it pays to know more about his friends, seeing as he has known Jongin for over two months yet know very little about him beyond the things supplied by Kyungsoo or the internet. In fact, he is kind of excited at the prospect of spending alone time with the sun-kissed dancer ever since he found these new sides to him; he wants to find out more about the man behind the name.

 So far the only Jongin he knows is Kim Kai, the arrogant child star-slash-budding celebrity known for his coy smiles, smoky bedroom eyes, and titillating dance moves that can set the dance floor ablaze. And for so long he has always believed that Kim Kai is the same as Kim Jongin, his on screen persona matching his off screen one. But after witnessing Jongin’s warm smiles, gentle gazes, and sickeningly adorable aegyo, Lu Han wasn’t so sure anymore.

 Lu Han wanted to know who the real Kim Jongin is. Will it be the Kim Kai he has always known or will it be the Kim Jongin he has recently discovered? Will it be the dastardly villain or the valorous knight? The prospect of finding out causes Lu Han’s heart to race and palms to sweat as he is eager to know if behind the boy’s false bravado there is an actually, genuine human being inside.

 And that is the very same reason that causes Lu Han’s current displeasure.

Because if Lu Han is indeed correct and that Jongin is indeed this warm, affectionate, over grown man-child, then Lu Han wasn’t sure whether or not his heart is prepared for such a revelation. He is just getting over the fact that he may mean absolutely nothing to Sehun and to add to that the knowledge that he may or may not be falling in love with one of his close friends would be too much for his fragile little mind to take.

 He may very well end up being sick for real this time if ever he does find out.         

 Lu Han wasn’t counting on for this much drama; seriously, this is just high school and not some rehashed Korean drama airing on SBS. Everything was supposed to be a lot simpler than this; everything was supposed to be planned out. It was supposed to be get hair dyed, get Sehun to fall madly in love and live happily ever after; or get hair dyed, watch Sehun laugh at how ridiculous he looked, discover another life passion, move on and live happily ever after. It wasn’t supposed to be get hair dyed, watch helplessly as everything he once knew slowly crumble before his eyes, and try to pick up the broken pieces of his life afterwards.

 It’s not!

 As Lu Han turned the finally corner towards his destination, losing himself to his progressively confusing thoughts, a lone figure, languidly leaning next to his locker, observed him with mild amusement. Not really minding where he was actually going, Lu Han failed to stop and accidentally bumped into the person who suddenly lifted himself off from his spot and stood in front of the dazed deer. Lu Han almost dropped to the ground from the force of the collision but was quickly steadied by two strong hands grasping his shoulders. Looking up at the person he might have offended for his clumsiness, Lu Han received the shock of his life as he looked into the concerned eyes of the one person he wasn’t expecting to see anytime soon; or the rest of his life, for that matter.

 But then again, with the day he was having, Lu Han should be more open to surprises.

 Not really sure whether or not this was real or just a mirage conjured by his recent worries, Lu Han was overpowered by emotions welling deep within him from the sheer intensity of the person right in front of him. His breathe stilled as he swam in the inky blackness of the eyes that were now consuming his entire being with veiled longing and hunger. His heart sped as he noticed the subtle flick of tongue which moistened parted lips full of sinful promises of sweet abandonment. His cheeks blazed with a fire raging deep within his core as he slowly registered the hands that held him in place, slowly making their way down to his elbows. Again, it was too much; too much for Lu Han to handle as the irresistible need to have this person right here and now made his head spin.

 Lu Han really couldn’t believe this was happening, that the dream he thought has gone for good is in fact right here within his reach. Actually, who was Lu Han kidding, he could believe this was happening since it seemed like he was the only person in the entire universe who could have this much disastrously awful timing in one day alone. Right when he was one the verge of finally figuring out where his heart wanted to be led, life had to throw him another curve ball.

 But damn, this was a curveball he had long waited to happen.

 As the two continued to stare at each other, Lu Han felt it happen, again. The moment when time stops in its tracks, the moment when the world fades away and the only two people who exist are him and the person in front of him, the moment when they both look into each other’s eyes and see the same longing and the same love exchanged between two equals. The same moment he had with Jongin a while ago, the same moment he was having right now.

 With Sehun.

 With Sehun who only earlier in the day regarded Lu Han with cold unfeeling eyes; whose eyes were beyond cold and unfeeling right now. To say that Lu Han did not appreciate the irony of the situation would be stating the obvious. At the start of the day Lu Han was dead set on catching Sehun’s eye, only to have those eyes look at him as if he was some insignificant bug. Then, upon finding out that his long time crush felt absolutely nothing for him, he discovered that one of his close friends was actually fooling everyone into believing that he was some notorious douchebag when in fact he is this warm and affectionate, aegyo master who he may or may not be developing feelings for. And now, the crush he was slowly accepting as never being his is now looking at him with god damn goo-goo eyes? Lu Han almost laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of it all.

 Maybe I am in a Korean drama.

 But Lu Han didn’t laugh; he didn’t want to ruin the spell that currently wound itself around them. What Lu Han did want to do was reach up, kiss those lips he has always dreamed of and finally taste the reality beyond his fantasies. It was just a small distance really; all Lu Han had to do was slightly raise himself up on his toes, close his eyes, crane his neck, and finally taste those tantalizingly sweet li-

 “Hyung are you okay?”

 “DAMN IT!” Lu Han immediately clamped his hands over his mouth after realizing he voiced his thoughts out loud. He really didn’t mean to but with the endless parade of constant frustrations he was having, he felt that he deserved a little break from all the hassle and finally be able to indulge for once. But once again, life managed to screw that up for Lu Han.

 “I-I mean, I-I’m sorry! I wasn’t looking where I was going!” Seeing as there was really no way to salvage their romantic little moment before, Lu Han thought it would be best to address the most immediate transgression, among a lengthy series of other transgressions he must have committed to warrant such bad karma from the universe.

 “It’s alright, hyung. I was the one who stood in your way so it’s my fault.” Sehun said, looking very much like a kicked puppy with the way his brows scrunched up and the adorable pout he gave Lu Han.

 Damn! Even the ice prince is good at aegyo! Seriously, Baekhyun should be scared.

 “Oh, ummm… Yeah. Right.”

 Not really knowing what to say, Lu Han hung his head low and stared at the floor, wishing that the universe would finally pity him and summon up a giant hole to swallow Lu Han and his embarrassment. It was when he casted his eyes downward did he finally notice the compromising position they were in and abruptly jerked back from the freshman; who only gave a slight hurt look from Lu Han’s sudden need for space.

 “Ummm… Yeah, anyways. Umm… I just wanted to-ummm… to apologize for running off like that earlier. I would of… ummm…. I would of at least said hi you see but I was sorta, kinda in a rush to go somewhere.”

 Luckily, Lu Han still hadn’t looked back up at Sehun so the freshman wouldn’t be able to asee the blatant shock marring Lu Han’s face, because damn! Lu Han couldn’t believe how Sehun sounded so unsure when addressing the elder. Lu Han was wondering whether or not Sehun’s current uncertainty was due to the fact that he wasn’t used to apologizing in general or because he was nervous talking to Lu Han specifically. Lu Han really hoped that it was because of the latter despite the discomfort he may be causing.

 Finally mustering the courage to meet Sehun in the eye, Lu Han was once again shocked at the sight before him. Sehun kept his head low while his hand was currently rubbing his nape as if he was embarrassed for using such a lame apology. He had his brows raised pleadingly while giving Lu Han the most adorably sheepish smile the young ice prince could muster. Lu Han was awestruck at how charmingly endearing and undeniably attractive Sehun was being right now.

 On second thought, Baekhyun should run for the hills. Ice prince, my ! Yeah, right!

 Lu Han realized that he must have looked like a complete idiot with his mouth hanging open and his eyes bulging wide in their sockets. With an awkward cough, the sheepish deer tried to reward the freshman with a reassuring smile, falling short as Lu Han could only supply a barely-there smile as his still addled mind was still attempting to cope up.   

 “I-it’s okay… I-it’s nothing really..”

 “B-but, I also heard t-that you fainted r-right after I passed by! If I maybe took the time to say hi and properly greet you then I… ummmm… I mean, I c-could have… ummm…I could have b-brought you to the clinic!”

 Lu Han would have been mortified by the whole situation since Sehun more or less knew his little trip to the clinic was slightly due to him, but what stopped him though was the image of a bashful Sehun blushing at the small admission. Blushing, for God’s sake! Again, Lu Han found himself dumbstruck at the scene before him as it felt to unreal. Lu Han knew Sehun could be adorable if he wanted to but this was damn too much.

 Christ! This kid will be the death of me!

 Seeing as the kid was still waiting for a reply, Lu Han managed to compose himself once again as he attempted suppress the fangirlish feelings that were slowly bubbling their way to the surface.

 “A-again, it’s o-okay. I-it’s no big deal. Luckily, Jongin w-was there to help out.”

 Lu Han almost didn’t catch the split-second grimace Sehun made at the mention of Jongin’s name. Almost. Lu Han made a mental note to inquire Jongin about this in the future. Speaking of the tan skinned boy, where was he?

 “Well, if I was there instead then you wouldn’t have to rely on that backstabbing, good for nothing, lo-“

 “Lulu! I’m so sorry I’m late! Kyungsoo was lecturing me on how I shou- Oh, hey Sehun…”   

 Lu Han jumped when he heard the addition of the increasingly familiar voice to their little get together; almost forgetting that it was Jongin that he was supposed to meet here and not Sehun. Honestly, he didn’t know whether or not he wanted to be in this situation. With Jongin and Sehun. The three of them. Together. Where he would have to leave one and join the other. Yup, Lu Han definitely had the worst timing.

 “Ummm… Hi…. Kai….”

 Lu Han could feel the tension in the air as the two friends maintained eye contact between each other. He was perplexed at the sudden awkwardness of the exchange, knowing full well that the two immediately gravitated towards each other at the start of the term. He knew that Jongin and Sehun were close friends; brother’s even, almost rivaling his bond with Minseok. So why is it that now they acted like they wanted to be anywhere else but here, with each other?

 Definitely asking Jongin about this when we’re alone. Speaking of which…”

“Eerr-anyways! Lulu, let’s go!”

 Lu Han was surprised to hear Jongin voice out his exact thoughts, silently wondering if the boy was part mind-reader. Not really knowing how to proceed however, Lu Han looked first at an expectant Jongin then towards a crestfallen Sehun. Lu Han had to do a double take on that one because he couldn’t believe he was seeing an obviously disappointed Sehun. Sehun. The so called ice prince. Dissapointed. Dissappointed at having to hear that Lu Han needed to go. Dreams do come true.

 “Wait! You’re going?! With him?!”

 Lu Han was still recovering from his shock induced stupor so the best he could give to Sehun as a response was a slack jaw and wide eyes. It was Jongin though, that managed to save the day, yet again.

 “Yup! Yoona-noona’s orders seeing as he is obviously suffering from some mental breakdown and I fell down a flight of stairs.”

 “Oh… Yeah, right…. Well… Ummm… I guess, I-I’ll be seeing you around hyung.”

 Lu Han finally recovered only to see a retreating Sehun make his way down the hall. Only realizing his window to respond has passed, he only gave a weak good bye and turned towards an awaiting Jongin who was now giving the same warm smile that he only discovered today. Upon seeing that dazzling smile, Lu Han immediately forgot all of his previous disappointments and was soon filled with so much assurance and security that he didn’t know that it was even possible.

 Oh boy, I’m ed!

 As the two finally made their way towards the exit, Lu Han received yet another life-altering shocker when he suddenly heard Sehun call out to him. Not expecting anything when he turned around, his heart stopped after seeing a determined looking Sehun rush toward him with cold conviction set deep within his eyes. His breathing stilled when Sehun suddenly halted his advance right in front of him and without provocation dipped down to place a small fleeting peck on his forehead. He would have fainted right there and then if he actually believed that any of this was really happening.

 “Promise me I’ll see you tomorrow. Promise me that I’ll get to see you so I can properly apologize and explain myself.”

 Not really trusting his voice, Lu Han could only give a weak nod in response.

 “Good. As for you, Kai… I won’t back down! If it’s a fight you want, it’s a fight you’ll get!”

 Still not able to truly absorb the events that magically transpired within the last few minutes, Lu Han could only stare at Sehun’s retreating figure, making sure that the boy doesn’t evaporate into foam the moment he turns around. Lu Han was finally treated to his last surprise when Sehun abruptly turned back around and gave Lu Han the most heart-stoppingly adorable smile that turned his little ice prince’s eyes into small crescents.

 “By the way, hyung! I love your hair! You look just like the princess of my dreams!” And with that Sehun rounded the corner, finally leaving an awestruck Lu Han reeling from the aftermath of his confession.

 Lu Han honestly didn’t know what to believe anymore at that moment; from a damsel in distress to the king of the world, the poor deer felt more emotions in one day than in one season of the most popular drama on TV. He felt nerve-wracking anxiety. He felt earth-shattering devastation. He felt bright hot hope. And he felt intense, bone tingling love, twice! This day had really been a long one but Lu Han felt that with his luck, things were just getting started. And he really didn’t know whether he should be excited or terrified at what was yet to come. He had to hand it to himself however, when he wished for things to work out they really did work out, fast. And now he felt his heart torn, between his prince charming and his knight in shining armor.

 With an exasperated sigh, he turned towards the eager Jongin, indicating that he in deed is now ready to leave.

 “Let’s go Jongin… I am so done for the day.”

  In more ways than one…     


 Silence.

 That was the only thing that has greeted Lu Han for the past few minutes ever since he and Jongin made their exit from the campus premises. So far no one had been forth giving with any conversational topics since they commenced their exodus towards the Lu household. It was surprisingly really that Jongin took this exact moment to finally keep his mouth shut; Lu Han remembered all the times Kyungsoo complained of how Jongin wouldn’t stop talking, going as far as accusing the boy of being in love with his own voice. But no, Jongin actually looked comfortable in the stillness, having this oddly contented look on his face as he only looked forward. As if…

 As if he is happy simply walking with me.

 Lu Han blushed at the errant thought that invaded his mind, honestly giving up on trying to decipher his own hearts musings and just let the damn thing speak because so far the wretched organ has been right on the money so far. One day Lu Han will find a way to shut the damn thing up once and for all and make sure that it won’t cause him anymore problems in the future.

 Looking up yet again at the tan skinned boy, Lu Han internally sighed for the nth time for not faring well in the speaking department as well. It has been like this ever since the beginning of their trek; him sneaking glances at his new travel buddy every now and again, him having all these questions that are burning just at the tip of his tongue, him not having the courage to actually engage the boy in some well-meaning bro-to-bro chat.

 It was Lu Han who had trouble with the silence. It was Lu Han who wanted to get some answers from the mysterious boy. It was Lu Han who wanted to hear Jongin’s voice.

 Growing irritated with his sudden muteness, Lu Han couldn’t help but chuckle at the irony that here he was with a friend he has talked to before in the past but now couldn’t ever since he developed this stupid crush on him. Is this how Lu Han’s life was going to be; unable to talk with the object of his fancy no matter how much he wants to? How will he be able to start a relationship, let alone maintain one, if he can’t even initiate even the most trivial of conversations with the person he likes?

 Seriously, Lu Han was starting to consider whether or not he may have a speech defect because this behavior is clearly not normal.

 He doesn’t want to go through the same scenarios all over again; having to do something drastic just to get his crush to notice him, having it bite him in the at the beginning, then having to realize at the end that he is no longer crushing on his crush. Don’t get him wrong though, Lu Han discovered great joys of his life through this method and he will do it all over again if it was the only way for him to find the things he loves now. But just to get his crush to notice him? It is just too tiring to be worth it just for that alone.

 It would be a whole lot easier if he just grew some balls and actually talked to them like an actually human being.

 And what of his current predicament; he really wasn’t sure where this whole mess was leading to. He really wasn’t sure whether or not this scenario had a happy ending at all. He for one doesn’t see himself dedicating his life to the ever changing fashion trends of hair styles like what Baekhyun does, and he is more than certain that he will not keep his pink hair forever. So far the only thing his current “plan” has managed to do for him is shake his already precarious confidence, have him fall in love with two people at the same time, and spread hallway rumors which sounded truer by the second.

 And it has only been the first day!

 Lu Han said that he will never regret any of the decisions he made for love but as things progress, he may have to eat his words on this one. In fact, he is already starting to develop a phobia on the color pink as the color has only caused him trouble, trouble and more trouble. If Lu Han could go back in time he would-

 “What’s wrong?”

 Jongin’s concerned tone and gentle rubbing to soothe Lu Han’s scrunched eyebrows managed to disarm the unprepared deer. The Chinese princess had been so lost in his own thoughts that he hadn’t notice Jongin watching him for the past couple of minutes, growing worried with Lu Han’s progressively frustrated expression. Not ready for any conversation to ensue, Lu Han could only stupidly gape at the young dancer.

 Trying to grasp at any words to supply the freshman with a response, Lu Han could only flap his mouth like a fish gasping for air as his mind continues to draw blanks. At this, Jongin suddenly burst out into a mirthful bout of good natured laughter, which oddly enough did not embarrass the petite deer. Usually, when someone laughed at what Lu Han did, the poor deer would feel so mortified that his whole face would burn red and tears would start to collect in his eyes. But strangely enough, Jongin’s laugh did not. In fact Jongin’s laugh comforted him to a point that he couldn’t help but join in.

 As Lu Han slowly descended into his own hysterical fit of laughter he noticed how Jongin’s laugh was different from others. It was child-like, pure, and innocent. It wasn’t like the usual laugh of someone making fun of something that he did; it felt like someone laughing just because the entire situation was funny. It wasn’t a laugh out of malice or mockery but a laugh of a warm hearted invitation to enjoy the amusing ironies of life.

 And boy, is it a beautiful laugh.

 Lu Han appreciated how Jongin would open his mouth completely wide, not caring who saw how stupidly warped his face was. His eyes would crinkle at the sides as he had to shut his eyes by the intensity of the guffaws that were leaving his mouth. He had to grasp his stomach as the laughs rocked throughout his whole body, even eliciting some tears to force their way out of his slitted eyes. This was the laugh of someone who knew how to laugh. This was the laugh of someone who knew how to enjoy life.

 And because of that, Lu Han fell a little further.

 Suddenly sobering up after the shocking realization, Lu Han abruptly straightened out as he felt the burning scarlet that would most likely be painting his cheeks. Clearing his throat in hopes of grabbing his attention, Lu Han turned to face the road ahead, not trusting himself to make eye contact with the younger. 

 “T-that’s not funny.”

 After hearing the mostly silent deer for the first time, Jongin immediate straightened out as well and supplied the elder with an apologetic and sheepish look.

 “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just that it was kinda funny, you know.”

 Looking over at the freshman, Lu Han couldn’t help his heart suddenly speeding up at the bashful looking Jongin by his side. It was too much to see the usual devil-may-care dancer look so much like the scolded school boy he was currently playing; with his puppy dog eyes and matching pout, it was a look that could melt even the harshest eomma’s heart.

 It did wonders on Lu Han’s heart though.

 Dear Lord! Where did these kids learn their aegyo?!

“Y-yeah, right… It’s just, I-I’m really not that used to people giving m-me so much attention like that.”

 Lu Han mentally patted himself on the back for being able to think of such an excuse at the right time. It wasn’t really an excuse though, seeing as it is painfully true. But it wasn’t the whole story since it wasn’t the real reason why Lu Han’s cheeks were currently painted pink.

 “Yeah, I heard about that. Why is that you have such a hard time receiving attention when you’re beautiful as and have such amazing talents to boot?”

 The frazzled deer’s cheeks glowed a deeper shade of red not because of the seemingly personal question, as Jongin would have thought, but because of Jongin’s admission that Lu Han was both beautiful and talented. Before Jongin could apologize for his own callousness, Lu Han beat him to the punch, seeing as this seems like the perfect opportunity to finally be able to converse with the younger.

 “Well as you may know, I am Chinese, coming from a small town in the country where we don’t get a lot of foreigners. The only thing I knew growing up was my town and all that was in it so you could say that I was quite the sheltered kid. You may also be surprised to know that I was beloved by my fellow townspeople as I was the cream of the crop of our entire village. Back then I wasn’t really shy or timid when someone gave me compliments or showered me with all their attention. In fact back then I loved every minute of it.”

 Lu Han smiled at himself at the memory of his wonderful childhood. The small town with its lively street markets where old ladies would offer Lu Han and his mother good deals if he would just grace them with his angelic smile; the old river that wound through the village where he and his friends would excitedly play in and cool down during the summer, filling it with their fun carefree laughter; the fresh country air that would invigorate the most tired of souls as it lazily breezed through the streets of his beautiful home town, bringing with it the sweet promises of peaceful simplicity.

 Lu Han continued down the road towards his house as if he was walking back in time to a place filled with the blissful ignorance and childhood daydreams of a boy who has yet to learn how the world worked.

 “But then my father got an offer to work with a big company and we had to relocate to Seoul. I was eleven around that time and hardly knew any Korean so you could understand how difficult that was for a country boy to be in a big foreign city. At first, I thought it would be the same as my village, you know. Make friends, have fun, be young; all that Hallmark crap. But when I started classes, I realized that I stuck out in all the wrong ways. My teachers were angry at me for not knowing a of Korean, my classmates teased me for dressing and looking different, and the people in general were just rude and abrasive; not at all like my friendly and kind neighbors who I had missed dearly during my time in school.”

 Lu Han had to calm himself down for a moment as the bitter memories of their initial move still brought much sadness to the sensitive deer.  It was the time that he hardly understood what the hell was going on; all that he knew was his village and to see the real world for the first time was traumatizing for the young Lu Han. It was at that time that the princess had to learn some tough lessons.

 “I didn’t want to bother my family with my school problems because, just like me, they were having a hard time adjusting as well since most of us only knew the village. It was then that I decided that if the only attention that people were willing to give was their contempt then I would rather not have it at all. I spoke less and less in school; to the point that I hardly spoke at all, even after I knew enough Korean to actually talk to them. In the end I became a wall flower, blending into the background and not drawing any attention towards myself.”

 “What changed?”

 Lu Han was jolted to the present as he suddenly remembered that he was not alone down his trip in memory lane. When Lu Han peered over his unexpected travel companion, he was stunned with the look of sincere empathy Jongin was giving him. It wasn’t like the looks of pity he would usually receive when he told other people of his story but it was more like Jongin was actually sorry for not being there for him to make his childhood a little bit more bearable. He had only received those looks from two other people in his life; two people who were thankfully there to save him just in time.

 Calming himself one more time, he remembered that part of his life when things got better; when he actually found what real friendship felt like. Smiling to himself, Lu Han retrieved these special memories as he prepared to answer Jongin’s query.

 “Well, middle school happened. It was the start of middle school and once again I was the odd duck out. Everyone instinctively knew I wasn’t one of them and immediately cast me aside. Luckily I was so used to being the wall flower back then so it didn’t really bother me one bit. It wasn’t until a few months in that someone from my class decided to use me as the local laughing stock. He teased me, bullied me, and humiliated me in front of the whole class just to get some cheap laughs. I was the loner you see so naturally I was the easy target.”

 Lu Han sensed Jongin physically tense at his side as he could barely make out the tightening clenched fist at his periphery. He was slightly happy to know that Jongin felt so strongly about his well-being that he would be this affected from just a story. Still though, a tense Jongin somehow unnerved Lu Han so he thought it would be best to tell the good part now.                

 “It was three weeks in my torture that someone finally did something. I remember how this one kid suddenly stood up during my usual lunch time fest and verbally assaulted my bully. He even called him a dinosaur and cat-breath, could you believe that. Of course my tormentor wouldn’t back down so he fought right back with his own name calling. It was when he called my protector and I some not-so-child-friendly terms did this other kid stand up and went over to my bully. At first we didn’t know what he would do since like me, he doesn’t usually talk that much. But he just stood there next my bully and waited, and waited, and waited. Until finally my bully decided to open his big fat mouth and tried to call the quite kid some name when out of nowhere, he punched him right in the gut. With how my bully crumpled to the ground I assume it must have hurt a hell lot.”

 Lu Han laughed at the sweet memory of that day; the shouting, the standoff, the sickening cry of someone who got done in by the unexpectedly strongest kid in class, it was a great day. He remembers the crying, the pointing of fingers, and the principal’s office afterwards. All four of them, him, his protectors, and his bully, were given a week long detention for disturbing classes that day (which was kind of an odd reason since it was lunch time, now that he thinks about it), but none of that mattered since it was during that time that he made the two greatest friends he would ever hope to have.

 Lu Han then noticed the sweet tinkle of Jongin’s own laughter and continued laughing as well; not from the memory but because Jongin’s laughter is so sweet that it’s hard not to join in. It took them awhile before they were able to contain their mirth into small bursts of giggling as they continue to make their way towards Lu Han’s home.

 “Gosh! I wish I was there to punch that kid for you, but at least there was someone there to do that for me! If you ever see him again, thank him on my behalf will yah…”

 “Tell him yourself, you see him almost every day.” Lu Han said with so much love and affection for his surprising protectors, growing amused at seeing Jongin’s amused expression morph into one of shock.

 “Wait! You don’t mean that-“

 “Yes Jongin, Kyungsoo was the one to punch my bully for you. It was on that day that Kyungsoo became formally known as Satansoo.”

 “Yikes! Poor kid then. Must be in a wheel chair somewhere; unable to walk or something.”

 Lu Han giggled when he saw Jongin flinch at the mention of Kyungsoo’s name; the man did really pack quite a mean punch even during his middle school days. He was sad at first though when people called Kyungsoo Satansoo behind his back just because he had to punch that one kid just for him, but Kyungsoo assured him that it didn’t matter; that it was because of that one punch that they all got in trouble and became the best of friends afterwards.

 The Chinese princess only now appreciated the irony of it all, that his first life-altering decision of being invisible led him to meet the two greatest people he would ever now. The two greatest friends who would always have his back and would always stay by his side no matter what. It gave him hope that maybe this mistake would also turn out for the better, he only had to be patient.

 “So that also means that the first kid, the one that tore your bully a new one, that was Baekhyun?!”

 “Yup! The infamous Diva Baek, mind you.”

 “Wow, I can’t believe it! So you all found each other that day! Amazing!”

 “Yup! And ever since that day the three of us have been inseparable. We’ve gone through puberty, school dances, and singing competitions together and we haven’t looked back ever since!”

 “And now we’re here.”

 “That’s right, and now we’re here!”

 “No Lu Han, I meant now we’re here, at your house.”

 Lu Han suddenly stopped and turned towards the familiar building to his right; standing there in all its three story, simplistic glory was the Lu household. Looking at his modest home Lu Han felt both delighted and disappointed at the surprisingly short trip home. He was delighted to see the reflection of his present, the wonderful present where things are a lot better, but also disappointed at the fact that he had to part ways with Jongin, the boy who may possibly be his future. With a dejected sigh, he turned towards Jongin who had an equally disappointed look on his face as they both prepared to make their good byes.

 “Well, this is me.”

 “Yup, this is you.”

 “Ummm.. Thank you Jongin for bringing me home; I really had a nice time talking to you.”

 “Me too, princess, me too. Maybe we should do this again sometime.”

 “Maybe…”

 Lu Han blushed at the prospect of having more walk dates with Jongin in the future; hopefully getting to know the boy more and not the other way around. It wasn’t because Lu Han was uncomfortable talking about himself, but he seriously wanted to get to know Jongin more. Jongin was like a puzzle with many sides and Lu Han wanted to be the one to solve it.

 “Well-ummm… See at school tomorrow.”

 “Yeah, see you at school.” Lu Han said with obvious reluctance, not wanting to let their precious moment go. As Lu Han continued to stare after the tall dancer as he made his own way home, he couldn’t help but feel as if there should be more to their good bye, something that would make it more significant somehow. Realizing that now is the moment to be brave; Lu Han threw caution to the wind and finally let his heart speak out loud for the first time.

 “Jongin!”

 Lu Han shouted, almost losing his resolve when the younger turned and gave him a curious look.

 It’s now or never, Lu Han! Now or never!

 “T-take care! A-and text me when you get home, okay?”

 “I will, Lulu! I will!” Jongin shouted back, as he waved at Lu Han with the same angelic smile that the young princess has now come to love. Lu Han could only wave back as he slowly lost sight of his knight in the distance. Even after Jongin was long gone, Lu Han continued to stare after him, repeating Jongin’s promise over and over in his head as his heart felt ten times lighter.

 I will, Lulu. I will.      


 As Lu Han finally plopped down on his bed after an exhausting day at school, he couldn’t help the smile that crept on his face every now and again. Luckily for him his family dinner was less eventful than the rest of his day had been. It seemed as if his whole family made it a point not to mention his pink hair ever again, probably hoping that the lack of attention would cause Lu Han to lose interest in it soon enough. Even his sister was awfully quite; not even once making Lu Han the end of a very bad hair pun as he would have expected her to do.

 In the end he opted out in telling them about his day, knowing that his recent school troubles would inevitably be stemmed to his latest hair makeover (which it was, if Lu Han was being honest here). He wouldn’t hear the end of it if they found out that not only did he get in trouble during his homeroom but also that he had to go to the nurse’s office and be sent home right after classes. Speaking of which, Lu Han was surprised at the lack of an interrogation as to why he was home early; his family usually expected him a little into the evening as he usually had football training after school. His family probably thought that he wouldn’t be able to stand the embarrassment of having pink hair that he would immediately run home after school to hide his shame.

 Pfft! You wish…

 They did however notice the smile that kept popping up every now then, asking if something good happen at school. Lu Han only provided them with vague answers, assuring them that everything was great. If Lu Han was really being honest however, he would have sung about how great his day had turned out if he wasn’t so sure that his family would send him to the nearest psyche ward just to check whether or not the hair dye was affecting his brain. Yup, if he could he would have told his family in explicit detail how great his day had been, and all because of a certain Kim Jongi-

 Lu Han’s thoughts were interrupted by the buzzing of his phone as he hurriedly rushed to snatch the device from his night stand. The frantic deer rushed to open his screen and almost shouted in glee when he saw the name on display.

 Speak of the devi-I mean, angel.

 Muffling his squeals, he swiped to unlock the message; only to choke back more squeals as he saw the text his Jongin sent him.

 From: The Kim Kai
 Just got home. Hope you rest easy and dream of me. ;)

 Lu Han was over the moon as he read and reread Jongin’s message, thinking of how he should reply to his noble knight. He was about to type something out when he received another text message from an unknown number. Not really knowing what to type just yet, Lu Han thought it would be no harm if he read the new message while he constructs the perfect message for his perfect man in his head.

 Boy was he wrong.

 Feeling dejected, Lu Han read the message over again just to make sure it wasn’t an illusion made up by his mind. If he received this message before today he would jumped up and down on his bed like some crazed fangirl, but seeing this now only made him confused and a little bit guilty. Deflating from his previous high, Lu Han didn’t know how to proceed as the new message only reminded him of his present dilemma. He knew that he couldn’t possibly text Jongin now since he wasn’t so sure with his own feelings. The only thing he could do was save the number from the new message like it had requested. In frustration, he dropped his phone on the bed after making the necessary changes; crying out in frustration as the message popped back on the screen to show the world the hole that Lu Han dug himself in.

 From: Ice Prince
 Umm… Hi Lu-hyung, this is Sehun. I got your number from Chanyeol-hyung. Could you possibly save my number for future reference? Thanks. ;)

 Lu Han’s wallowing was interrupted when he heard a knock on his door followed by its subsequent opening.

 “Umm… Hello? Lu? Are you okay?”

 The frustrated deer raised his head only to see the concerned look of his sister by the door.

 He didn’t know what to expect from his sister appearance to be honest, knowing that Lu Qian could at one minute be the most doting and loveable sister Lu Han would ever know then the next be this sadistic witch hell bent on making the poor deer’s life miserable. As of now Lu Qian looked sincere and apologetic, so Lu Han would take the bait and see where this exchange would lead them.

 “I’m not jie-jie… I have a problem and I don’t know what to do about it.”

 Hearing the distress in her younger brother’s voice, Lu Qian rushed towards his side; sitting down near the edge of the bed as she ran her fingers through Lu Han’s hair to soothe the young deer.

 “What is it Hannie? Maybe jie-jie could help.”

 Doubting how his straight forward, no bull sister could help him with his fickle heart, Lu Han thought to hell with it and see what the elder had to offer.

 “Well, you see, I think I might sorta, like two guys, and I’m not really sure what to do about it.”

 Lu Qian in calming breathes, knowing that her little brother could sometimes be difficult when it came to matters of the heart. She remembers when Lu Han accidentally came out to her when he confided in her his troubles with a certain Wu kid. She knew how stubborn her brother could be, inheriting that from his Song gene from their mother. But she loves her brother and would try to always be there for him no matter how childish he could sometimes be.

 “Hmmm… Well Hannie, you would have to choose one I believe, since you won’t be able to keep them both.”

 “But that’s just it jie! I don’t know who to pick! I don’t even know if I can!”

 Lu Han nearly shouted, shooting up from his lying position on the bed as he nearly collided head first with his sister. Lu Qian could already feel that this discussion won’t end that smoothly so she decided to get out the big guns and used her no none sense tone with him.

 “Hannie… Listen to me. It’s not fair to both guys if you lead them on. In the end you would always have to choose, even if it means hurting the other.”

 “I know that jie but it’s so hard! On one hand, there is this guy who has always been the man of my dreams and so far he has lived up to my fantasies. On the other, there’s this guy who suddenly swooped down and saved me when I needed saving most and he surpassed all expectations I had of him.”

 “Well, it sounds to me that you should pick the second guy since he sounds like your everyday hero.”

 “You think so?”

 “No.” Lu Qian deadpanned, drawing another exasperated sigh from the worn out deer who could only whine in response.

 “Jie~~”

 “Hannie, look I’m not you. I don’t know the guys nor have I had your experiences with them. In the end whatever I, or anyone else for that matter, would chose for you doesn’t matter since I’m not the one living with the decision. You have to choose for yourself whether Mr. Fantasy or Mr. Hero is the right guy for you since you’re the one who will be in the relationship. Get the picture?”

 Seeing the logic of his sister’s words, Lu Han could only agree to the advice; yet it doesn’t make the poor deer’s dilemma any less hard. Slumping back down on his bed, Lu Han blocked his face with his arm and consented to his sister’s “all knowing” guidance.

 “Yes jie-jie~~”

 “Good! Now have you tried hanging out with them?”

 At this Lu Han snapped back up again seeing as this is not what he would have expected from his sister.

 “What? What do you mean?”

 “You know… Hang out with them! Get to know each of them better! Like a date!”

 “Wouldn’t that be like cheating; something completely opposite from what you were telling me a while ago?”

 “Not if you do it as friends and just friends; set the expectation and make sure no one’s feelings get hurt.”

 “But-“

 “Hannie… How do you expect to choose one if you don’t get to know both in the first place? Just make sure that in the beginning you clearly define the ground rules that you’ll just be hanging out as friends. Once you have your heart set, then choose.”

 “Hmmm… You do have a point.”

 “Of course I do.”

 Satisfied with herself, Lu Qian patted Lu Han’s head which prompted a death glare from her usually timid brother. Seeing as her work is done, the elder decided to make her hasty retreat before her younger brother finally snaps and makes her his first victim.

 “Well I hope that makes up for me laughing at your face earlier.” Lu Qian said as she rose from her perch on her head. She easily dodged the pillow that was aimed for her head, expecting such a reaction from her insolent brother.

 “By the way” The elder said as she hastily made her way to the door. “I mean this with the utmost sincerity; you do really look nice with your new hair, Hannie. Now I have a younger sister!”

 Lu Han launched the second pillow at his cheeky sister, only to hit the backside of the door.

 Tired from the day’s events and the stress of his new problem, Lu Han laid down once again on his bed as he stared up towards the ceiling. Spreading his limbs out, he turned her sister’s words over in his mind as he considered the possibility of entertaining both boys at the same time and choose which one he would want to be his boyfriend after. Of course he would have to make sure that this would be on a strict “just-as-friends” basis. The more that he thinks about it, the more it makes sense in his head. He would just need to be extra careful and make sure no one gets hurt in the process.

 Just thinking about the logistics of his new plan makes his head dizzy. He knows he needs help on this one and who better to help him than his two best friends; although he wasn’t quite sure how his friends will react knowing his latest plan and that one of his targets is the infamous Kim Jongin.

 Maybe it would be best to leave that part out.

 With a contented sigh, Lu Han decided to talk to his friends tomorrow seeing as this discussion is better face-to-face and that he is beyond exhausted to be entertaining an extensive debate regarding his latest scheme. His body took his reminder of how tired he was as the cue to start its long awaited hibernation.

 As the comforting darkness of sleep slowly took hold of his vision, Lu Han looked forward to tomorrow with a sense of steadfast conviction, knowing that it is now or never. Finally succumbing to Hypnos ministrations, Lu Han’s last thought was that surely this time will work out perfectly for him. This time he will get the guy in the end.


Lu Han woke with a start as he tried to make sense of his surroundings.

 The last thing Lu Han remembered were his burning chest, a ceiling of green, and the soft feel of grass on his back. Looking up now he could only see pitch blackness with the winking of few a few stars barely visible through the gaps in the leaves. The next thing Lu Han noticed was a soft orange glow off towards his right along with the warm, inviting embrace of what must be a camp fire.

 Turning his head his suspicions were confirmed when he saw a raging fire set within what seemed like a deep fire pit placed in the center of the small clearing. As Lu Han stood up, he noticed large strips of cooked meet placed on a wide slab of rock near the makeshift furnace. Upon seeing and smelling the tantalizing dinner, Lu Han rushed towards the enticing meal as he finally felt the hunger that was making his stomach grumble in protest.

 Lu Han was well into his second strip when he noticed the faint laughter that was now slowly making its way to his location. Peering into the forest, Lu Han was greeted with the strange sight of an owl perched on the shoulders of a massive wolf as their body shook with obvious mirth. Spotting their sleeping beauty near the fire pit, both beasts ran towards him with both relief and concern swirling in their eyes.

 “Lu Han! Are you okay?!”

 “Hey princess! Are you feeling better now?”

 After much assurances from the famished deer that he is fine and that a good hearty meal would do him some good, both Kyungsoo and Kai left him be to finish his dinner, hovering near the fringes just in case Lu Han would need their assistance. Finishing off the last remaining strip, Lu Han made his way over towards his friends and check what he had missed out during his little nap.

 “Yo guys! What’s been going on while I was in Lala land?”

 Dropping down on the ground in front of the two, Lu Han suddenly became aware that he inexplicably interrupted what seemed to be an intimate conversation. Looking up curiously, he shifted his gaze from one then on to the other hoping that at least someone would supply him with some answers.

 “What’s up?”

 “There had been a development while you were a sleep, Lulu.”

 “Yeah, it seems you’re not the only human in these woods.”

 From that information, Lu Han suddenly snapped up to attention, a million questions burning just at the tip of his tongue.

 “WHAT?! WAIT! HOW?! WHEN?! HOW DO YOU KNOW?! IS HE A PRINCE?! OH MY GOSH I HOPE HE’S A PRINCE!”

 “Calm down, Lulu. We’re not sure yet. Kai here managed to pick up the scent while we were out hunting.”

 Lu Han abruptly cast his feral gaze on the uncomfortable wolf as the hungry deer wanted more answers from the beast.

 “Y-yeah. Smelled like human, not entirely sure though. Just somewhere off in the east.”

 Hearing that there might be another human being within these woods, Lu Han sharply stood up as he started ordering the two around to start making the preparations for their immediate departure. He hadn’t even made two steps before his knees started to buckle and his legs gave out from under him.

 “Woah there princess! Easy!”

 Kai was the first to react, using his body as a make shift crutch for the weakened deer. Kyungsoo on the other hand, could only hover over the frail princess and make sure he didn’t get injured from his fall.

 “I’m fine, guys. Really I’m fine.”

 “No, Lu Han! You most certainly are not fine. You’re still a little week from your adventure.”

 “That’s right princess. Just take a breather and we’ll find this mystery human of yours in no time.”

 Knowing that there was no way he could convince his two companions that he was perfectly fine to travel, Lu Han conceded to their request to have him rest some more. As he was laid gently down on what appeared to be a makeshift cot from animal skin (Lu Han was too afraid to determine from which animal and how) he could already feel a second bout of exhaustion overtaking his weary body.

 “Don’t worry Lulu. Once you feel better we’ll make sure we’ll find your prince…  And that stupid puppy, as well.”

 Upon Kyungsoo’s prompting, Lu Han suddenly remembered that Baekhyun was still lost out there in the woods. He tried to get up but his body felt like it was being shackled down by weights; not really being able to get up, let alone stand. Realizing his error, Kyungsoo tried to alleviate some of Lu Han’s concerns by assuring him that he and Kai will be out all night in shifts to search for the missing pup. Kai added that they were best suited for this kind of thing since they both had night vision.

 As Lu Han lay there listening to his friends continued assurances, he felt sleepiness hold once again as his vision begin to blur. His mind began to race with all the new and old information he has yet to process; finally out of the tower, Baekhyun still missing, out in the woods. All of these peculated in Lu Han’s muddled head which was soon being claimed by slumber’s sweet embrace as well.

 When Lu Han finally drifted off again into the world of dreams, the tired deer’s last thoughts were that of the latest information he received; that of a human deep within the forest. Lu Han’s dreams would soon be filled with shining knights in bright armor and lone princes astride magnificent white stallions. Lu Han hoped beyond hoped that this mystery human turned out to be the prince of his dreams as he wanted his happily ever to come sooner than he first wanted.

 Wait for me my prince! I’m coming!  


A/N:

Annyeong chingus!

Anyways, here it is the third chapter and dun-duh-dun! presenting Sehun!

I hope you all like it since things will start to get interesting from now on. As we move further along into the story I'll be presenting more and more new characters like the rest of EXO and other SM members. I won't be dropping hints on who will come out next since I'm mostly making this up as I go along now (I had a plan but it got screwed over because of feels). So yeah!

Fun fact! Sehun wasn't supposed to be in this chapter (well at least not as much as he is now). He was just supposed to make a short cameo then reappear in the next but sadly (or not sadly depending on who your asking) my Hunhan feels are high today.

Another fun fact! I don't know where my sudden Selukai feels came from but sadly they're there now on print so I can't take it back. But don't worry, the ending is still set and there is no way I'm changing that since I have big plans for the ending which would also affect future plans so there.

Now let's have a little game shall we! Whoever is the first to comment the name of Lu Han's bully in middle school gets to have one of their questions answered! Come on guys, it's not that hard, I gave a very big hint to who it was. Just a heads up though, we haven't seen the last of Lu Han's bully; not by a long shot ladies and gents.

Lastly, I have new subbies! Hi guys! Thanks so much for subscribing and I hope you take the time to comment below (I AM DESPERATE FOR YOUR COMMENTS)! I also hope you enjoy my stories and continue reading them. ;)

With that a bid you guys adieu and see you next week on PiP!

Ciao~