Secrets

Mini SongKim Twitfics

Sudden changes were occurring causing sleepless nights.  The short male found himself thirsty most of the time period and craving for a swim in the middle of the night.  Nothing stopped him, so he diligently would sneak out of the castle to the lake.

 

None of his friends seem to notice his changes, which he signed in relief.  This also let him continue his nightly outings.  Jinwoo had somehow become one with the water.

 

Mino couldn’t sleep one night.  His mind revolved around one certain individual.  It was only a few days before Valentine’s Day and he was wracking his brain trying to come up with the perfect surprise event for Jinwoo.

 

Just like any typical movie, Mino situated himself right outside the window and kept a long stare looking at the bright crescent moonlight.  It wasn’t until he heard a big splash when that his eyes wandered towards the lake.  

 

His eyes widened.  Did he just see a fish tail?

 

It was only a glimpse but he was positive he just witnessed the tail of a mermaid.  Keeping his eyes on the lake, a head emerged to the surface.  Confusion written all over his face, Mino quickly got his coat and shoes to “sneak” out.  He didn’t do a really good job, he was just lucky no one was around to stop him, strange.

 

Jinwoo’s back was facing Mino.  He stood there in slight shock, one for admiring the delicate creature, second cause...Jinwoo was a mermaid! Wait, no, merman!

 

It wasn’t until Mino -typical- to step on some twig making the other latter gain his attention. Jinwoo at the time was seated on ground while his tail softly swept back and forth in the water.  But with the sudden noise, he quickly jumped into the water, not wanting to be seen.

 

“Jinwoo hyung!” semi yelled Mino to the water.  “It’s just me, Mino.  Please come back.”

 

It took a few seconds for the other to reemerge to the surface.  And he was welcomed by a worried Mino.  Jinwoo was uncertain of what to say and thankfully Mino started to talk first.

 

“Hyung, you’re beautifully handsome!” He beamed before his face showed a worried concerned.  “Is this why you you haven’t slept well and constantly thirsty?”

 

“You noticed?” Jinwoo kept his gaze below and took his original spot.

 

“Yeah,” frowned Mino.  It took a few seconds when Jinwoo began to talk.

 

“It only happens at night.  It goes away a bit before the sun starts to rise; gives me time to get back.  Only the Headmaster knows, and well now you, that’s why I’m able to get out so easily.  Thankfully it’s only twice, maybe three times, a month.  So...”

 

“How do you know when you transform?”  Mino reached out to feel Jinwoo’s tail.  It felt so strange but so alluring.  Jinwoo shrugged.

 

“I just feel it.  And I know I have to be fast once my breath shortens.”

 

“Aren’t you scared you might transform in the middle of your journey here, or...?” he meant to add if anything would happen during the day.

 

“Yeah, that’s why I’m always prepared,” the elder whispered.

 

“Well you have me now.  And your secret is safe with me.”  

 

Mino gave a warm smile while the other returned it.


 

**I’m went out of the norm for mermaid/merman tale tales**