Mint-haired Hipster

100% Tangible or 100% Invisible?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin proceeded to make the porridge while Taehyung was sleeping on the couch, wrapped in a bundle of warm blankets. He whistled softly to keep himself from being bored as he kept mixing the thick soup for half an hour.

When he had first heard the urgent call from his friend, Jimin ran home in a hurry, undeterred by the suddenly pouring rain. When he got home, the first thing he saw was Taehyung's almost lifeless body on the floor and he almost fainted from the sight. But the second he yelled for help, his roommate's body starts shaking from laughter (along with a lot of coughing), catching Jimin off guard... If only Taehyung wasn’t sick with such a high fever, Jimin would have punched the other for almost giving him a heart attack.

While he was mixing the soup, Taehyung's phone started ringing so Jimin went to the living room to answer for him, but the other was already awake, trying to find his phone with his eyes closed. Jimin handed him his phone and Taehyung thanked him as he answered.

"Tae? I’m just checking to see if you got home safe," Hoseok said from the other line, and Taehyung nodded, still groggy from sleep.

"Hmm... Yeah, I got home safe... Yeah, see you later," His eyes were still closed as he replied in a weak voice, and hung up the phone. He tossed the phone on the floor as he snuggled back into his warm blanket and fell asleep again.

Jimin went back to the kitchen and hummed some more, before finishing the porridge.

 

 

"Hold on, I need to call someone. It'll be quick!" Hoseok assured, before walking out of the living room where the three were hanging out. Namjoon and Seokjin just shrugged as they set up the fake monopoly cash and the property cards on the side.

The three college students (along with a college graduate) were getting ready to play Monopoly. When Seokjin mentioned the 'party' was going to be filled with lots of fun, Jungkook initially thought of drinking and dancing of some sort.

He was oh so wrong. Nonetheless, there was some alcohol, which made the party seem less dull. But Jungkook was under aged so he was only offered orange juice while the three adults sipped white wine that was within a broke college student's price range. To be honest, he kind of preferred this sort of party because he got to make one new friend, Hoseok. When Hoseok introduced himself to Jungkook at first, the younger was sort of turned off by his overly optimistic attitude but within an hour or two of hanging out, he was already starting to get used to the elder’s bright personality.

"Tae? I’m just checking to see if you got home safe," While Namjoon and Seokjin were bickering over the rules of the board game, Jungkook overheard Hoseok's faint voice from the bathroom and he stiffened.

Where did he hear that dumb name before?

"I'll make sure to bring your favorite strawberry pocky and gummies after, okay?" Jungkook heard the other ending the call and he acted like nothing happened when he came back.

"It's five twenty dollar bills, not six! Why would the bills be even you retard?" Seokjin snapped at Namjoon, who was now sighing in exasperation. His brows were knitted in a frown; as he was contemplating whether or not to let Seokjin get away with insulting him in front of his face, or to just insult his boyfriend back. Hoseok had lost the rulebook so they were deciding how much money should be given out, but the two wouldn’t come to a solution over how many twenty dollar bills they should receive. Because they were already used to the couple fighting, Jungkook and Hoseok just shook their heads.

"Seokjin, I just searched up the rulebook on my phone and it says six!!" Namjoon tried to reason with the older but Seokjin argued back by yelling, "That's the rulebook from 2007 you moron!!"

"Well, that's the only one that's showing up on the searches!"

"Why won't you just listen to me??"

"Because I want to play by the rules, god dammit!"

"How about we just play Scattergories instead? We're wasting time here, people." Hoseok interrupted their quarreling and the two stopped instantly. Namjoon scratched his back awkwardly as he gave them a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, we almost forgot it's your early birthday party." He apologized, and Seokjin rubbed his temples sighing.

"I think the wine is getting into my head; my bad Hoseok. And I'm sorry for calling you mean names, Namjoonie..." He hugged his boyfriend tight and the two were back to cuddling each other like their argument never happened.

Hoseok then got out Scattergories and the four played the game in peace for two more hours before they left to go home.

On the ride home from Hoseok's dorm, Jungkook texted Taehyung in boredom. His head was leaning against the car window scrolling through their last conversation and smiled. It had been a few days since he last talked to the weird kid, but he was already missed talking to him. It's been a while since they called each other too, and he wanted to hear the other's voice again.

"You're smiling like an idiot. Are you talking to your boyfriend?" Seokjin was sitting on the front passenger seat, watching the maknae from the rearview mirror.

"You have yet to introduce your cute boyfriend to us, Jungkook. When are we gonna Skype him?" Namjoon added; his hands on the wheels. Jungkook was feeling flushed at the thought of video chatting with Taehyung. What would he look like? Taehyung had never sent him any pictures and vice versa, so neither of them knew what they looked like. Jungkook could only imagine the other being shorter than him because he guessed Taehyung was a high schooler with glasses and a weird haircut, despite hearing the other having a low husky voice the first time they called.

"... He's not ready to meet you guys just yet; just give him some time." He requested, and the two hyungs nodded in silence just as they arrived at their apartment. Jungkook checked his phone constantly to see if Taehyung had responded back, but he didn’t receive a single text the entire night.

 

 

Kim Taehyung woke up when he felt something cold come in contact with his burning forehead. He opened his eyes slowly to see his best friend brushing his bangs from his forehead to properly put the icy cold washcloth on him.

"What time did you get here? And where's Jimin?" He mumbled, and Hoseok widened his eyes in surprise.

", did I wake you up? Sorry... And I got here not long before Jimin went to sleep." Apologizing, his friend pulled the blanket up to Taehyung's shoulders so the other wouldn’t get cold.

Taehyung was the only person Hoseok cared deeply about (other than his roommate) because they had been best friends ever since high school. Hoseok was a junior while Taehyung was a sophomore the day they first met and became friends. It was during the end of school when their high school had a huge dance festival and Hoseok was performing as the main. Back then, he had the stage name J-Hope and he was in a street dance crew 'Neuron'. After the performance, he remembered getting a tap on the shoulder and turning around to see Taehyung grinning at him and asking if they could be friends because his dance was dope. Their friendship quickly blossomed and Hoseok had found himself hanging out with the other more and more, to the point people in school thought they were a couple. He was actually the one to create the name 'Tae’, and Jimin unknowingly followed with that nickname to Taehyung.

"It's ok. Are you planning to stay for the night?" Taehyung asked, yawning.

"Yeah, for two days at least so I can take care of you. Jimin gave me permission to sleep in his room when he goes out to Busan." Hoseok answered, grinning. As soon as he said that, Taehyung abruptly got up yelling, "HE'S LEAVING ME FOR TWO DAYS?!"

But Hoseok quickly shushed him so the other wouldn’t wake up Jimin.

"Didn't he tell you that he's going on a two day trip to Busan with Yoongi? Cause he's leaving tomorrow before 12pm. don’t worry, I'm a better cook than him so you'll be well taken care of." Hoseok joked, and Taehyung just sighed. He was closer to Hoseok than anyone else so he knew how much of a bad cook his friend was... Even making simple food like ramen tastes like garbage if Hoseok was the cook.

Now fully awake, he went to reach for his phone. After sleeping for a few hours, he felt better since he wasn’t coughing anymore. As he unlocked his screen phone, he saw that he received a message from Jungkook, now nicknamed as Kookie on his phone.

'Hey, I'm pretty bored rn... Tell me another story?'

- Jungkook

He felt bad when he realized it was sent almost two hours ago, and it was now 2am. Feeling like the other had already fallen asleep; he didn’t message back because he didn’t want to wake him up.

As if he read his mind, Hoseok faced his friend and arched a sly brow, "So how are you and your new client? Do you have a picture of him?" He asked in curiosity, but the other shook his head.

"We always have fun talking," Taehyung answered sadly, "but I don't know what he looks like at all. He doesn't know what I look like either. I was going to ask him to skype me but then I got sick. Asdfghjkl, the timing !!" Hoseok just chuckled.

"Why don't you just ask him to send a picture since it’s quicker? That sounds more logical if you're curious about how he looks." He suggested, and Taehyung looked as if a lightbulb lit up in his head.

"You're a genius, Hobi!!!" He exclaimed, and the other shook his head in disbelief. Even though they were best friends, the other was certainly an idiot, no doubt...

"I'm tired so I'm going to sleep on the floor. You should go back to sleep too since you're sick." He advised the other, and Taehyung pointed to his room. "I'm going to sleep on the couch for tonight so you can sleep on my bed."

Hoseok nodded and went to the bathroom to wash up and go to sleep.

 

 

It was nearly 10 in the morning when Namjoon knocked on Jungkook's door, waking him up. Still groggy and tired, the younger got up slowly and staggered towards the door and opened it to let Namjoon in. It was a habit of his to lock the door because he wanted his

Please log in to read the full chapter