First Date

100% Tangible or 100% Invisible?
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Where do you think you're going?"

Jungkook, who was dressed in Namjoon's formal suit consisting of: a navy blazer jacket, black trousers, red necktie, and brown loafers (Which were slightly big on him), turned his head slowly, facing his hyung who's brows were knitted in a frown. He thought his hyung was still in the bathroom getting ready for work so he rushed to his hyung's wardrobe, grabbing whatever looked fancy, and tried to dress in a hurry... But Namjoon was too fast for him.

Jungkook turned red in embarrassment as he quickly tried to think of an excuse, but in the back of his mind, he already knew he was screwed. But he felt a tiny bit better, knowing Seokjin was at work or there would have been chaos including long interrogations, yelling, and even more lecturing.

"Uh..." He looked down to avoid the other's intense stare and realized he would be late to his date because Namjoon wasn’t going to let him off so easily.

"Jungkook, you didn't answer my question," Now walking towards him, Namjoon didn’t lose his gaze as he looked at the younger in suspicion. "And why the heck are you wearing my suit and tie?" He asked.

"... I'm going somewhere."

"Well, obviously. But where to? And for what occasion that you needed to borrow my formal outfit from my closet without asking me?"

"I'm meeting a friend."

"... Jungkook, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but you and I both know that you don't have any friends..." Namjoon's tone softened, but Jungkook still looked away.

"Well, I made one and I'm going out to see him." He retorted back in a cold tone. Jungkook knew he’ was being immature and stubborn, but he wasn’t in the mood to explain, and just wanted to get out of the house already. It was probably some kind of teenage rebellion phase that he was going through right now.

"...  I can't believe you think that low of me, Jungkook. We've been living together for five years so I know you better than anyone. It's blatantly obvious that you're lying to me, and it hurts that you think I'm a fool to believe you." Namjoon grimaced, covering his face with his hands as he started sulking. Jungkook immediately softened and started to feel even guiltier. Sighing, he looked up at Namjoon, rubbing his neck.

"... I'm going on a date with Taehyung." He confessed, and Namjoon looked back up at him, confusion apparent on his face.

"The one you said lived in Los Angeles?"

"Yeah... Well, he actually lives in this city." He admitted, feeling the heat rise up in his cheeks. He kind of expected his hyung to yell, or shake him in the shoulders demanding why he kept lying to him, or both.

... But Namjoon ruffled his hair and looked at Jungkook as if he was a proud father witnessing his son getting ready for his first date. Which wasn’t that far off, since he did raise Jungkook for five years on his own and watched the younger grow up to be almost taller than him.

"I figured since he didn't seem to know much about Los Angeles. Not to mention calling each other at different time zones." He chuckled, and Jungkook suddenly wanted to bang his head against the wall in embarrassment. Of course, his hyung had lived in L.A for a while, so he would have caught on! He was an idiot for forgetting that Seokjin would tell Namjoon everything about Taehyung.

"Speaking of your boyfriend... You owe me an explanation. Yesterday, you got all nervous and angst when I mentioned you not having Skype on your phone. What was that all about?" The other frowned, and Jungkook realizes he was in deep sh*t. He lied to his hyung more than once and he cursed himself for digging his own grave when he could have just spilled out everything. To Namjoon at least, since he was way more understanding. With Seokjin... Not so much.

"Uh... Long story short, he's not my real boyfriend..." Jungkook began, and he gave Namjoon a sheepish smile as Namjoon's expression became even more confused than it already was.

"Huh?! What's that supposed to mean?" When Jungkook sighed at his response, Namjoon motioned the younger to take off his loafers and to follow him into the kitchen and Jungkook unwillingly complied. They sat across from each other and Jungkook told him everything that happened, including the nitty-gritty details like how abnormal Taehyung was as a person, and how he told Jungkook interesting stories to help him from falling asleep, and etc. After he finished, Jungkook bit his lip and gave his hyung the puppy dog look as he tried to gain his hyung's sympathy.

"You're not gonna yell at me, right...?" He squeaked, and sure enough, Namjoon was just silent, taking it all in. After a few minutes of quietude, he gave him a stern look before shaking his head.

"I get it. I mean, you shouldn't have lied to us, but I understand where you're coming from. To be completely honest though, it was sort of tiring when Seokjin worried about you every night before we slept, so I'm kind of grateful that you've unknowingly gave me some peace." He chuckled. "But don't think it’s okay for you to lie to me again, alright?"

Jungkook nodded, and he felt relieved that he almost forgot about the fact that he was now half an hour late to his date until Namjoon dragged him into his bedroom.

"First thing’s first. You need to change your outfit to something simple. You're gonna look silly when you wear this outside while your date will probably wear something casual like sweatshirt and jeans." Namjoon untied the red necktie and smirked.

"I'm even surprised that you've figured out how to tie it so nicely." He teased the younger, but Jungkook just gave him a blank stare. He was still in a state of confusion as his hyung helped take off his blazer jacket.

"B-But in the romance novels, they all wore something similar to this..." He stuttered, which made Namjoon laugh out loud in amusement.

"That's for a fancy occasion, which I'm sure won't happen for you two on the first date. If your date is a college student like you said, 99% chance he's broke. So I'm guessing you guys are probably going to an amusement park, or somewhere similar. That's where Seokjin and I went for our first date." Namjoon grinned, as he reminisced about his early stage in his relationship with Seokjin, while taking out Jungkook's favorite plain white t-shirt and ripped jeans from his closet.

"Wear something you would normally wear. Maybe wear a beanie if you want to look extra cute." He suggested to the younger, and Jungkook nodded as he changed into his comfy outfit. Namjoon folded the suit and that was when Jungkook checked the time and freaked out.

"I'M LATE!!" He shouted, and didn’t even put on his beanie as he struggled to put on his beige Timberlands and stormed out the door, forgetting to say goodbye to his hyung who just shook his head, smiling.

 

 

Kim Taehyung was feeling anxious by the second, resisting the urge to bite his fingernails because he was now having second thoughts if Jungkook was going to come or not. Maybe Jungkook forgot the exact time they were supposed to meet? Or perhaps he got lost and accidentally went to the wrong station? Or, what if... He got into an accident on his way here?! He was seriously losing it. He kept looking at the large station clock and back at the entrance of the station in worry.

He then saw the bigger hand point to 12 and sighed in disappointment as he slowly started to trudge his way towards the exit... When he suddenly felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around and gasped when he realized it was Jungkook, who was breathing heavily from running too fast. God damn, he was fine as hell!

The younger's hair was tousled from running outside in the wind, but it seemed to frame his face nicely, making him look extra attractive, which Taehyung thought was impossible because the other was just so freaking gorgeous already. And Jungkook was wearing just a simple white shirt and ripped jeans, but it looked so damn good on him, and Taehyung was seriously feeling the thirst.

"I'm really sorry for being an hour late... Stuff just came up and yeah..." Jungkook scratched his collarbone, and Taehyung couldn’t control his thirst anymore. He became irrational as he pulled the younger close, and hugged him tightly. Oh my god, he was actually touching Jungkook for the first time ever! He heard Jungkook gasp in surprise, so he pulled back before giving the younger a cheeky grin.

"Sorry, I just got too excited. I didn't think you would show up, so I'm really glad that you're here," He beamed, and Jungkook just gave him an awkward nod, still traumatized from the unexpected hug. Now enthusiastic for their date, Taehyung gestured the younger to follow him into the next subway. But when they got in, they didn’t realize the subway was jam packed before it was too late. People were pushing each other as they tried to move towards the exit door for the next stop. Taehyung got pushed out of the subway as soon as the doors opened before Jungkook grabbed onto him tight, pulling the other back inside. He then moved them to a more secluded corner and held Taehyung's wrist tightly as he shielded the older from the swarm of busy people.

It may have just been common courtesy, but Taehyung's heart started racing when Jungkook's body was so close to his, to the point he could smell the younger's light floral scent coming off the other's t-shirt. He shut his eyes tight, trying to keep himself from hyperventilating.

When they finally got off the subway, Taehyung decided to take a chance and grabbed the younger's hand without warning. Right when their hands touched, Jungkook became rigid and looked at him with wide, innocent eyes.

"What? Have you not held hands with anyone before?" Taehyung asked jokingly when the younger shook his head.

"Oh... I was just trying to tease you, sorry." He apologized. Trying to lighten up the mood, he grabbed one of Jungkook's hands and pulled it close to his. Then, Taehyung slowly showed the other how to intertwine his fingers with his.

"This is how couples hold hands when they walk together." He explained, grinning at Jungkook. The other, however, frowned.

"But we're not a real couple." He said matter-of-factly, but Taehyung shook his head at his response.

"But I still hold the title of being your boyfriend, fake or not. And I'm not going to half- this relationship cause I've already invested too much of my emotions

Please log in to read the full chapter