Hoseok's party

100% Tangible or 100% Invisible?
Please log in to read the full chapter

A week passed by and Jungkook had stopped going to the library after his 'confession' to his hyungs because he wanted to appear as if he was out socializing with people (when truthfully, he would stay after school and read his book inside an empty classroom). Another reason was because the library was also Namjoon's second home, and he still held a small grudge at the other for snitching on him to Seokjin. But when he got caught from the school janitor yesterday, his only option was to go hide inside a small cafe to read his book in peace.

When he entered the cafe, the first thing Jungkook did was walk over to the far small corner to avoid having to interact with anyone. He slowly got his new book out (he had finished the book Namjoon recommended him two days after), and sat down. He tried to read the menu but the menu board was far from where he was sitting so he sighed as he stood up and walked over to the front counter. When he finally decided what he wanted to order, he peered over to see if anyone was behind the counter and saw the back side of a worker who was refilling coffee beans into the coffee grinder, but the worker's orange hair caught Jungkook off guard. What surprised him even more was when the worker turned around to face the counter and for an instant, Jungkook's eyes were met with his.

For some reason, the worker looked so familiar... Like Jungkook had met him before. He saw the same surprised look on the other's face, but neither of them remembered ever meeting each other. But the orange haired worker suddenly changed his confused expression and gave Jungkook a cheery smile.

"Hi there, what can I get you today?" He asked, and Jungkook stopped himself from spacing out.

"Um... I'll have a small latte," He replied, still trying to figure out where he met the other because it was now bothering him a bit.

"That'll be 3,400 won. It'll be ready in three minutes!" Jungkook pulled out his wallet to take out his money and the second he touched the other's hands, he felt a cold shiver go down his back. The barista on the other hand, kept a smile as if nothing happened, and put the cash in the cash register before moving onto the coffee machine to start brewing the coffee. Jungkook felt awkward just standing there for three minutes, so he went back to his table and opened his book. He was glad that there was only one other customer (who was all the way in front of the cafe, far away from him), packing up his things to leave. Which meant he could then read his book in peace because he would have the whole cafe to himself.

He was interrupted when the familiar orange-haired barista walked up to his table and handed him his latte. He nodded thanks, when the other opened his eyes wide in recognition.

"Ah, I remember now! You're the guy who checked out '100% tangible or 100% invisible', right? I see you're reading a new book now..." The worker exclaimed, and realization dawned on Jungkook that the orange haired worker was definitely the guy from the library.

"Oh.... right," He mumbled awkwardly, and the orange haired worker tilted his head, trying to read the title of Jungkook's new book. He covered his mouth in shock, eyes widened.

"Almost transparent blue! I'm reading the same book! This is such a weird coincidence..." He said in astonishment, and Jungkook was shocked as well. They were reading the same book again? This couldn’t be just a coincidence... The situation matched way too perfectly for it to be just a coincidence...

"Do you perhaps know a guy named Kim Namjoon? He's the person who recommends me these books..." He asked, and the barista shook his head answering, "No, I don't..."  What was going on...

"... But the guy has good taste in novels. What chapter are you at? I'm at the last chapter, but I don't want it to end yet so I'm trying to find other books to distract myself. It's that good." The barista said, and for the first time ever since middle school, Jungkook felt like wanting to carry on a conversation with someone. It was a rare chance that he happened to come across a guy who loved to read books, but it was literally finding a needle in a haystack kind of situation where he came across a guy who loved to read books as well as reading the two same exact books he had been reading. Jungkook perceived this as a gift from the stars to meet someone rare like this orange haired stranger, and he wasn’t about to let this guy slip from his fingers just yet.

"... I'm on chapter ten, but I'll be able to finish the book by tomorrow... And since you seem like you read a lot, do you mind giving me some recommendations?" He mumbled, getting shy. He was such an amateur at making friends to the point he couldn’t even look at the orange-haired boy stranger in the eye. He heard the guy laugh, as the other sat down on the chair across from him.

"Hmm, well I just basically read books from what my friend recommends me, so... Have you heard of the book, 'Norwegian Wood'? It's from the same author who wrote Kafka on the shore. I finished that book a few weeks ago, and I have to say, it was pretty good."

There. AGAIN, Jungkook had read that book a few weeks ago as well. He was getting kind of creeped out, but it was so exhilerating for him at the same. The only conclusion he had was that this orange haired boy is some kind of psychic mind reader.

"I read that book a few weeks ago too... You're... You're a psychic, aren't you?" He asked, and soon after, the boy laughed so hard he almost fell out of his chair. Seeing the boy laugh his guts out, Jungkook confirms that his theory was correct. But then the guy got up, wiping his tears from laughing too hard.

"The way you said it so seriously... You actually think I'm psychic? Ha-ha!" Seeing the guy laugh at him made his face turn red from embarrassment.

"I was joking, obviously..." Jungkook denied, but the worker just shook his head as he said, "Sure," And before Jungkook could say anything, the other's phone started ringing and the barista took out his phone to check who was calling him.

"Tae?" He answered, and the first thing Jungkook thought was, 'What kind of dumb name is Tae...' But he kept quiet and didn’t ask, checking the time. 6:34pm. He looked outside through the glass window in dismay, and saw a dark street with bright streetlights. Packing up his book as well as his untouched latte, he motioned to the worker that he was going to leave and the other gave him a sorry look before waving goodbye while he was still in call with his friend.

 

 

"How do you guys not get sick of each other?" Jungkook was really puzzled on how his two hyungs were always stuck together, as Namjoon and Seokjin were getting ready together in their one shared bedroom. The moment he came inside the house, the two told him that they were going on a date and that they left him food on the kitchen counter.

The two met when Namjoon was a freshman and when Seokjin was a junior, and they had been dating and stuck to each other like glue ever since, even rooming together after Seokjin graduated college. And because Namjoon had taken in Jungkook as his 'child' since middle school, Seokjin took care of the youngest as his own son (despite them only being 5 years apart), and so, the three had been together ever since.

"Seokjin is the clingy type, if you haven't noticed," Namjoon teased, and Seokjin just rolled his eyes as he put on his dress shirt and sprayed on some cologne. The youngest just shook his head as he closed the door behind him when the two reminded him that they would be back before 11pm.

Upon hearing the door close, Jungkook sighed and browsed through the internet in boredom, but found nothing that kept his attention. Because he was already finished with schoolwork and his reading for today, he decided to text Taehyung. It would be a waste of money if he didn't use the app, after all. And the last time he spoke to Taehyung was on the phone when he hung up on him, which was approximately a week ago.

'Tell me a story.'

- Jungkook

'What genre would you like me tell you, love?'

- Taehyung

'I don’t care... But don't call me love... That's just weird.'

- Jungkook

'Then how about darling?!'

- Taehyung

'NO. Don't call me any mushy pet names.'

- Jungkook

'Lol ok... Give me a minute to think, master'

- Taehyung

Jungkook rolled his eyes, but a small smile formed on his lips. This guy was just like one of those people who could probably irritate the heck out of him, but he couldn’t help but stick around them. His phone buzzed and when he checked the text, he was totally convinced that the boy was from another planet. It wasn’t long before Jungkook texted back ridiculing the other, and their conversation lasted throughout the night.

 

 

"Where do you want me to put the strawberry pocky and gummy bears?" Jimin asked, standing outside of Taehyung's room while the other was literally laughing out loud. Taehyung had called him to buy some junk food at the grocery store when Jimin was working at the cafe, and it was now 8pm.

"Can you put it on my nightstand?" His roommate requested, and Jimin places the food on Taehyung's nightstand before going back to the kitchen to prepare dinner for the two. He heard giggling again from the other room, and wondered why his roommate was acting like a complete girl.

"What's wrong with you today?" He asked, and Taehyung walked into the kitchen to sh

Please log in to read the full chapter