Somi

Everybody Loves Cutie Kid Chaeyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twist of Fate
by: domokunlovesyou

 

Chaeyoung could remember all too well the first time she met Somi. She had well-defined features and had an infectious smile that Chaeyoung finds very alluring. Chaeyoung looked fairly exotic herself, but she couldn’t deny that the half-Canadian half-Korean Jeon Somi was beyond beautiful.

So, when Somi joined the JYP bandwagon, there was a whirlwind of responses basically from every trainee and staff, even Chaeyoung herself.

Chaeyoung was relatively a new trainee by then, having stayed for quite a few months already when Somi signed into JYP. Older trainees were being paired with newer ones at that time, and coincidentally, 14 year old Chaeyoung was paired with 12 year old Somi.

At first Chaeyoung was a bit hesitant to be paired up with Somi. The girl was practically shooting out glitters everywhere she went to the point that Chaeyoung branded Somi as something unhealthily distractive. To add to that, Chaeyoung wasn’t a good senior. She mainly got by as a trainee by latching on to the older trainees at that time, acting up as the cute maknae together with tofu Dahyun. She really wanted to have someone else as her partner, preferably the older trainees.

It’s not that Chaeyoung didn’t like it, but Somi clung on to her as if she was her only source of energy. The additional responsibilities that were added to Chaeyoung’s bag were making the older girl lose confidence. It was when her vocal teacher decided that Chaeyoung should tutor Somi for her lacking vocals that Chaeyoung almost lost her cool.

Chaeyoung considered herself as a baby, and so how could she even begin to take care of another baby, who goes by the name of Jeon Somi?

“I know you don’t really want me to be your partner, Chaeyoung-eonni.” Somi’s lips trembled as she looked at Chaeyoung who was sitting on the floor. They just finished training and both girls were left to themselves at the practice room.

An awkward atmosphere suddenly enveloped them as soon as Chaeyoung looked up and locked her eyes on Somi. Chaeyoung never really told anyone about her conflicting feelings towards being partners with the younger girl, and so options are narrowed down to either she was too obvious or Somi had mind reading powers. But of course, the former is more believable.

“It’s not that I don’t like it Somi.” She said, standing up, but regrets doing so, realizing too late that Somi was actually taller than her. “I just – you know, feel like I’m not worthy to guide you with the training, since I myself am lacking in a lot of aspects. I feel like I’m still a baby as much as you are.”

Somi took both Chaeyoung’s hands and squeezed them into her own. “Eonni, we can do it if we work together. How about we forget the seniority between us and work as if we’re of the same age, that way you wouldn’t feel as if I’m a burden to you. But of course, I would still call you eonni and resume the seniority after practice.”

Chaeyoung sighed, but then a small chuckle escaped her lips. “Oh well, let’s try that out then.”

Never did she realize th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter