Chapter 7: Hopeless But Hoping

Too tired to hold on; Too in love to let go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This is the last chapter. I read your guys' comments and I felt a bit guilty for finishing it so quickly, but don't worry, I have a bunch of other SeolJeong-related fanfics that I'm currently working on and I'll share them sooner as possible. I enjoyed writing this one and I'm really glad you liked it, thank you all for your time and for encouraging me. Love you all! 

p.s This chapter came out a bit too long. I thought about splitting it into two but I couldn't really find a good part to stop at. So, I hope you have fun reading it. ^^ SeolJeong fighting!

_________

As she made her way, something kept bothering her: there was a sea of anxiety she could feel deep down. She practiced her words beforehand, but her nervousness got to a whole new level: she started pacing rapidly, her breathing and heartbeat beginning to speed and fill her ears with white noise. The worst part was, she didn’t even know what exactly made her anxious. Maybe she was afraid of Seolhyun ignoring her, maybe she was exaggerating and freaking out. At last she reached the house and stared at the door for several seconds, not sure if she had to knock it. She could feel her palms begin to sweat, but she shook her head and tried to come to her senses as quickly as she could. But just as she raised her hand, ready to tap it against the door, the door was opened in a swift motion and Joohyun, who was obviously going out, stood before her. 
"Hyejeong?" Joohyun blinked. "What are you doing here?" 
"It seems like you're going somewhere..." Hyejeong didn't mean to ignore her question, but Joohyun leaving the house at that time was a bit confusing. 
"Uh... Yeah, I was going to get ramen for, uhm, us here..." 
Hyejeong's cheeks flushed as she turned her head away, ashamed to look at Seolhyun's sister in the eyes. "Is Seolhyun alright?" 
The other girl sighed. "Well, how do you think?" 
Hyejeong felt nervous and anxious again; she had the dorkiest habits out of all members of AOA and she wasn't able to do anything. The emotions that she had to handle there couldn't really be easily grasped or controlled. "Can I talk to her?" She asked at last, hesitantly. 
Joohyun paused for a moment and replied shortly. "She's showering." 
"At this hour?" Hyejeong frowned in disbelief while looking at her watches.  
"You know her. She locks herself in the bathroom for hours whenever she doesn't feel well." 
Hyejeong felt ashamed when she realized what that statement truly meant.  
"You want to talk to her?..." Joohyun came forward and lowered her voice, herself being unaware of the reason.  
"Yes..." Hyejeong replied, discomposedly. 
Joohyun didn't reply. Hyejeong still couldn't bring herself to look up, but by the way Joohyun's breathing came out in short, anger-filled sniffs, she could say the latter was pretty much disappointed in her. 
"Please." Hyejeong raised her voice a little, trying to sound firm. "I know I'm guilty for everything Seolhyun went through... Please let me explain myself--" 
"Hyejeong." Joohyun interrupted her. "Is this going to make her feel better?" 
Hyejeong looked in Joohyun's direction for a brief moment, though she was quite determined. "I'll try my best. I promise." 
. . . 
Joohyun left the house, letting Hyejeong in at the same time. She stood right next to the door of the bathroom and, she knew Seolhyun would be out soon as soon as she heard the sound of the douche cease. The room remained silent, but the sound was deafening. 
At last Seolhyun opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom. She was wearing a simple white bathrobe, yet she still looked totally glamorous. Hyejeong couldn't stop staring at the mass of curls on her hair that glistened because of the wetness, giving the illusion of diamonds - and the scent of Seolhyun's hair was filling her head with dizzy thoughts. 
"Seolhyun-ah..." She started out in a low, almost inaudible voice. She was somewhere between highly anxious and flustered. She even found it difficult to breathe, as she had a high pressure somewhere around her chest, making her feel extremely uncomfortable. 
Seolhyun gasped as soon as she heard the familiar voice and, when her eyes met Hyejeong's, she had to stay there motionless for a minute or two before completely getting used to the fact that she wasn't dreaming or hallucinating, and that Hyejeong was indeed standing there. "What are you doing here?" she asked without any hint at emotions. Her emotionlessness and calmness were having the worst possible effect on Hyejeong, hardening her position.  
"I just wanted to talk to you..." She tried to sound as calm as the other girl, but her nervousness would just not let her to. She thought Seolhyun would cut her off and say she didn't need to explain anything, but the younger girl just kept the silence and Hyejeong took it as a sign to continue. "Listen, I know you're upset... But I just want you to know that I never meant to hurt you by any means. I was just confused.. and so afraid to lose you because you're so important to me... I'm truly sorry... I... just..." 
"Just what?" Seolhyun snapped. "I really needed to talk to you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter