Chapter 2: Relief and the Rise of Hope

Too tired to hold on; Too in love to let go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the sun-light tapped against her face, Seolhyun slowly tried to open her eyes, blinking and shutting her eyes several times during the process. At last she lifted her head from the pillow and yawned before managing to fully open both eyes. It took her a few more minutes to finally regain her senses and recall the memories of yesterday. 
After the little friendly encounter with Hyejeong, she wasn't in the mood of asking the older girl about the date, so she just excused herself and went to sleep after the process of shower and skincare - yeah, no matter how stressed and sad she was, she was a celebrity and she had to look good onscreen, after all. 
But there was at least one moment that was worth remembering: the way she acted like she was asleep when Hyejeong finally came in to sleep, and left a small peck on Seolhyun's cheek. Hyejeong was worried and that showed how much she cared, which made Seolhyun smile to ears, although a part of her thoughts were still torturing her as she came to realize Hyejeong only loved her as her friend. Still, she got up and warily made her way to the kitchen - everyone was already there, having breakfast. 
"Good morning!" They greeted each other. She sat on the empty seat next to Hyejeong and was greeted by her smile, which she returned. 
"Wait, Seolhyun.." Jimin focused her sight on the 'second maknae' and spoke in a serious manner, unusual for her. "Did you play with the phone all night?" 
"Uh, no? Why?" Seolhyun blinked. 
"Were you crying then?" Jimin narrowed her eyes. 
"Yeah.. Her eyes are..." Chanmi spoke so low that the last part of the sentence couldn't even be heard. 
"Did you cry? Why?" Choa and Yuna asked, equally concerned. Seolhyun swallowed, trying hard to think of something to reply with and get over the subject. 
"Guys, don't be too demanding." Hyejeong spoke at last. "She just didn't have enough sleep these days." 
"Ah~ You should rest more, Seolhyunnie." Again, it was Choa and Yuna to care most. 
"Yeah, unless you want to die of exhaustion." Jimin said, in her usual playful manner. 
Seolhyun uncontrollably smiled at the fact that Hyejeong helped her escape the situation. She was the only person who saw her crying yesterday, and she came to realize that Seolhyun didn't want other members to know. She looked at Hyejeong and the latter smiled at her, secretly winking at her. 
"Anyway, Hyejeong!" Jimin attacked the taller girl now. "So, how was your date?" 
Hyejeong blushed at the question, and Seolhyun's face darkened, though as an excellent actress, she replaced her sadness with a mask of indifference as quickly as she could. 
"Well, if you consider that a date..." Hyejeong grumbled. 
"Wait, what? So you guys aren't dating?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter