Devil in Disguise

The life of Cherry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

Chaerin was on her knees when a man entered her room. 



"Why are you crouching down... Money maker." As he smirked



"Go away!" She tried to be strong and covered her face, as she refuses to show him her vulnerable state. 



He pulled her hair using his right hand, forcing her to stand up and use his left hand to grab her jaw.



"Now, you listen to mee... ..." He frowned and his spit land on her precious face. Chaerin closed her eyes, as she tries to hold her breath. She can smell his breath filled with a mixture of alcohol and smoke. 



"I own you... You hear me? Did you know how much i spend to save your pathetic life? Huh?! ANSWER ME!!" He threw her back to the ground



Chaerin's tears began to flow. But the man can't see it because her thick hair covers her face. The man turned back and leaves the sobbing girl on the ground. Before her reached the door, he turn back to give her one last look. 



He reached into his pocket, as he pulled out some cash and threw them on the floor. The man had a habit of throwing money on the floor, thinking that Chaerin is one of those es he banged every night. His mind tends to be fuzzy, when he's drunk. 



"If you dare disturb my sleep with your annoying scream again... I'll make sure to rip your pretty mouth next time." He threatened, and bang the door close, marking his exit.

 

She could feel her cheek starts to stink after the hard slap. She tried to ignore the pain, as she stood up from the floor and start to gather the money scattered on the floor. She made her way to stand in front of what seems to be a normal wall made out of bricks. She reached one of the bricks and starts to pull it out of the wall, and placed it on the floor. She did the same thing to the next 5 bricks, which revealed a secret safe, kept hidden behind those bricks. Once she opens it, she put all the money into the save and took out 2 letters from the box, close it and quickly put back all the bricks to hide the safety box, afraid that the man will find out her secret plan.

 

She flinched, as more tears stream down her face. She tried to calm down as she whispers to herself, "Its ok Chaerin... You can do this... You just have to survive for another week before you're finally free..."

 

She stared into horizon before opening the letters, as she feels it will be her only hope and pillar of strength to get through her supposed final week in the devil’s lair. She carefully unfold the paper, and read the message she received from her close friend in the states… Pharell (Yes the voice judge… lets be legit hehe :D)

 

Dear Rin (Lets pretend that he calls her Rin)

I hope you won’t be shocked when you read this letter… ok, because I really want to help you out. :)

Hello Rin, how are you doing? I hope the man didn’t do anything that would harm you. I know that I should’ve done this sooner, because I’ve suspected that his nice action never seem genuine at all. 3 years ago, was the first time we met, and guess what… We instantly CLICKED. I was very fond of you, as you’re like the little sister; I’ve never get to have. You talk about your dreams, and passion about music. As well as the hardships you went through, as a trainee in Korea, before you get to debut as one of the best selling kpop girl group. I had a hard time pronouncing your name, so you told me to just call you Rin. Although we’ve only met once, it felt like we’ve been friends since forever. Did you know remember what you said to me before we part ways? You said, “Now that you’re my Oppa (I was confused coz I didn’t know what that term meant back then), we’ll always have each others back ok.” As you showed me your most genuine smile that night.

We didn’t talk much afterwards, and our only main source of communication w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter