Chapter Eight. "I wasn't expecting that."

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

I stood in front of Tae's apartment with a huge box in my hands. The box was filled with cute apartment decor. I thought Tae might want a little revamp with his apartment. 

I softly knocked on the door. "Come on in, it's open!" Tae yelled from inside.

I balance the box in one hand and opened the door with the other. As soon as I opened the door, the smell of whatever Tae was cooking filled my nose. 

"Hi!" I said and closed the door behind me. 

"Hey." Tae had his back towards me. He was cutting a vegetables on a cutting board. That is probably why he didn't see me carrying the box through the living room. 

"I hope you have a huge apetite. The food will be ready in about five minutes." 

I looked on the dining table and there was a fancy setup with wine and candles. 

"Awh Tae, this is so romantic." I said lovingly but my face said the complete opposite.

"Why don't you open a bottle of wine?" Tae said as he continued to cook in the kitchen.

I walked out of the living room and into the his bedroom.

I sat the box down on one of his dresser and began my redecorating. I took out a pink blanket and threw it onto his bed. 

Next, I went into his bathroom and placed a fluffy pink rung under his toilet. Then, I put a matching toilet seat cover. 

The stood back and took a look at how I femalized his bathroom. I laughed to myself then walked out. 

I picked up the box and took out three more items that were in there. Three stuffed animals; a bear, a dog and a panda. I took them out and placed them on the bed, right in front of the pillows. 

I walked into the living room again and walked to the stereo by the tv. Tae had some music playing so I changed it to something else. 

Seconds later, Ariana Grande's voice filled the room. 

I'm guessing the food was ready because Tae brought two plates to the table. 

Just to be even more obnixous, I began to sing along. 

♪ I've been here all night 
I've been here all day
And boooooooy, got me walkin' side to side♪ 

I can tell that the sound of my voice was irriating Tae but he put a smile on his face instead. He looked over at his room then back over at me. "I see you've done a little redecorating." His voice trailed. 

I only smiled and continued singing. 

"Okay okay, its time to eat." Tae said as he turned off the music. "Sit." He smiled and held the chair open for me.

I exchanged the smile and sat down. "Dinner is served." He said as he began to place food on the plate in front of me. 

"And what has the chef prepared for us tonight?" I asked as I looked at the food.

"Today the chef's special is Filet Mignon with seared potatoes and a side of glazed carrots." Tae put the food on his plate then sat down in front of me.

The food looked and smelled amazing so I hoped the taste was the same. 

I sighed softly, I really didn't know that playing this act was going to be this tiring. For the rest of the night, I'm going to act like a normal perosn. 

Tae looked up at me after he heard me sigh. 

"Are you okay?" He said as he eyes looked into mine.

I looked up at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little hungry." I picked up the fork and took a bite of the food.

"Just a little hungry? You're supposed to be super hungry, I spent 2 hours making all of this!" Tae said pointing at all of the food.

I laughed, "Don't worry, I'm hungry enough to eat you food you spent hours to make." I took another bite of the meal and I have to admit it was actually really good. 

"So what got you into the advertising business?" I looked up at Tae, he sat back in his chair and got comfortable. 

"Well my mother always told me I was a very persuasive person. 'You can make anyone believe just about anything.'" Tae imitated his mom buy speaking like a woman. 

I laughed and he continued. "And I'm also really good at digital design so I found a job where I can do both of those things." 

I smiled. He seemed very passionate about what he did for a living. 

We finished eating and spent another hour talking about each other's lives. I do feel a little bad about what I was doing and how none of this was real. 

"Well this was..fun." I said, standing up from the table. Tae got up as well and walked me to the door. 

I smiled at him, "Bye." 

"Bye."

I walked out of his apartment and made my way to the elevator. I took a deep breath and pushed the down button.

Seconds later, the elevator door opened and I stepped inside.

I sighed and leaned against the wall, "Ugh, this is so tiring." I said outloud. 

As the elevator doors began to close, I heard footsteps running towards them. All of sudden, Tae appears in front of the elevator. We both put our hands out to block the doors before they fully closed.

"Tae? Is something wrong?" I asked and laughed a little at how rattled he looked.

Tae didn't reply to me. He looked at me and kissed me softly. He slowly pulled away and smiled at me, "Do you want to hang out tomorrow?"

I was shocked so I simply nodded. 

"Okay, see you tomorrow." He said and finally let the doors close.

Well I definitely wasn't expecting that. 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

Finally an update! YAY!

Let me know what you guys think about this unusual romance!