Chapter Five. "No wait, I kind of did."

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
 
The score was 93-91. The tension was high on both sides of the court. The sound of very enthusiastic fans filled the entire stadium. 
 
"Come on, where's the defense?!" Tae yelled towards the court. 
 
"Defense! Defense! Defense!" I started this chant and most of the crowd did the same. 
 
The chant faded away and so did my yelling. Tae and I looked at each other and laughed. It was pretty funny how we were both very invested into this basketball game. But I mean, it was the finals game. 
 
This date has been going fine so far. Tae seems like he can be a nice guy but I'm not going to let that distract me from what my real goal is. 
 
The time on the clock went out and both teams made their way to their sidelines for a 5 minute break.
 
We all sat down in our seats and waited for the break to be over. 
 
It was quiet for a few seconds until we heard the man on the loud speaker announce, "Okay for all you love birds out there, it's time for the annual kiss cam!" 
 
I looked up at the huge screen and sure enough, it showed two people, smiling at each other. There was even a pink filter with hearts and writing that said 'Kiss Cam.'
 
I never really liked Kiss Cams. It's only a way for random strangers to stick their tongue down your throat, without consent. It's okay if your married or at least in a relationship but if you're single and you see the word 'Kiss Cam' pop up on the screen, I suggest you take a trip to the concession stand. 
 
The first couple were happy to kiss for the crowd. As for the second couple, the guy turned his head to kiss the girl on the lips but the girl turned his head to the side and kissed him on the cheek. The third couple was an old couple, they looked like they had been in their late 70s. They looked at the camera then kissed each other. I have to admit, it was pretty cute. 
 
I was way too distracted on the older couple that I didn't realize when the camera had stopped on me and Tae. How ironic.
 
The crowd was encouraging us to do it so I nodded and pointed at my cheek. Tae came closer to my face but instead of pecking my cheek, like I wanted him too, he grabbed  his face and gave me a full on kiss on the lips. 
 
The crowd cheered and after a couple of seconds, he pulled back. 
 
All of the guys in the rows around us cheered and high-fived Tae like he just won a million dollars. 
 
"Aye! There you go!" A man yelled.
"Yeah! Now that's how you have to handle your lady!" Another man shouted.
 
Do you see why I hate it now?
 
Tae just laughed and looked towards the court since the players were playing again.
 
I had to remind myself that I wasn't on this date to have fun. I still had a plan, more like a mission to fulfill.
 
One of the things women unknowingly do to ruin their relationship, is distract their partner when he is trying to watch the most serious part of whatever sport he is watching. Therefore, that is what I plan to do. 
 
Tae stood up to watch the game at the better angle so I stood up next to him and began to rapidly tap his arm. 
 
"Yeah yeah yeah, what is it?" He said but his eyes remained on the game in front of him. 
 
"Tae, I'm thirsty! Can you get me a soda?" I said in a childish tone. 
 
"Okay, there's a minute and six seconds left in the game. I'll get you something when the game is over." His head was still turned towards the court.
 
"But I'm really thirsty!" I made sure to whine at the end. I waited for a second before I spoke up again. "You know what, it's okay, I'll just go get it." 
 
After I said that, he turned my direction, "Do you really need it now?" 
 
I nodded my head with pouting eyes, "Yeah, but I guess I'll get it myself."
 
"No no, I'll get it for you." He said and began to move through the crowd. 
 
"Make sure it's no ice! Thanks babe!" I yelled as he walked away. 
 
I watched him and laughed at how he was walking and trying to stare at the game at the same time. 
 
(Tae's POV)
 
Ugh this girl. 
 
Did she really need a soda RIGHT NOW?
 
She's lucky I need her to fall for me because if she was anyone else I would've told them to use their legs and get themselves a soda.
 
I ran all the way to the nearest concession booth, "Can I get a coke with no ice?" I asked, out of breathe.
 
"Sorry dude, I'm closed. Go to the next one." The guy behind the counter said as he wiped down the counter. 
 
I ran to the next booth and there was an old man working behind it. "A small coke with no ice, please."
 
I turned around and watched the game from the TV screen that was hanging on the wall. 
 
"Ah come on! How did you let him get that shot?!" I yelled as a player on the opposite team scored a point.
 
"Excuse young man, did you say you wanted ice or no ice?" The old man asked.
 
I turned to face him quickly, "No ice, no ice." I said then turned away again.
 
I turned to face the man once I heard him talking again. "Did you ask for a small?" He asked while he held up a large cup. 
 
"You know what, its fine! I'll take it." I reached for the cup. 
 
"You know, for 25 more cents, you can get a big gulp." The man went on and on. 
 
"No it's okay, I want that one right there." I pointed at the cup and grabbed it out of his hands. I threw a $10 bill on the counter, that was enough for a drink and a large tip.
 
I held the drink in my hand and ran back to where our seats were. 
 
"Here you go." I handed the drink to Kiyah then put my full attention on the game.
 
(Kiyah's POV)
 
Tae returned with the soda. He handed it to me and I only took one sip before I handed it back to him. "Wait Tae, this isn't diet." I said. 
 
"What?" He quickly turned his head to me.
 
"It's not diet, I need it to be diet. Please, I'm sooo thirty." 
 
I tried so hard not to laugh at the look on his face. He groaned then ran back out of the crowd. 
 
Once he was out of sight, I began to drink the soda. I couldn't care less whether the soda was diet or not. I laughed, who knew this experiment was going to be this fun?
 
Only seconds after he left, our team threw the last shot and it landed in the basket. 
 
The crowd cheered and the game was over. 
 
Sorry Tae, I didn't mean to make you miss the end of the game. 
 
No wait, I kind of did.