Chapter Three. "Oh, you are falling in love with me already."

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
We rode in silence for only 5 minutes until Tae parked his bike in an open stall. We both got off the bike and I placed the helmet on top of where I sat. Tae took my hand and we walked into a restaurant. The place was fairly big and there was a casual feel to it. 
 
We instantly were seated and we ordered our food. Our dinner came quickly so we both began to eat. 
 
Tae laughed at me as he watched me struggle with my lobster tail. "You got it?" He asked.
 
I squeezed tightly  
on the clamps and broke the lobster open. "Yeah." I smiled at him as I took a bite.
 
"So what do you think?" Tae asked, looking down at his food.
 
"About the food or you?" I replied. 
 
"Both." 
 
"Well, this is delicious." I looked down at my plate. "And as for you, I'm still deciding." 
 
"Anything I can do to help?" He gave me a smile that proved how confident he is about himself.
 
"You can answer some questions for me, actually." I  took another bite of my food.
 
"'Some' seems like a lot. I'll give you two." 
 
I nodded, "What do you do for a living?" 
 
"I'm in advertising." He replied, "I work mostly with alcoholic beverages and athletic companies. But I'm trying to break into the jewelry market right now." He paused, "What about you?"
 
"I work at Lilac." I said before taking another bite.
 
"The fastest growing fashion magazine company in the country? I'm impressed." He laughed slightly, "So you help people figure what outfit they want to wear to the supermarket." 
 
"For your information, I have a master's in journalism so I'm capable of writing articles other than fashion. My boss loves me and if I do everything her way for a while, I can write about anything I want." I said in a matter of fact way.
 
"Like shoes?" Tae laughed at his own joke.
 
"Uh no." I also laughed. "I can write about interesting things. Like alcoholic beverages and athletic companies." I mocked him. 
 
We both laughed then he sat back in his chair. "So you think you have me all figured out huh?" 
 
I nodded, "Almost. But I have one more question." 
 
"What is it?" He stared at me.
 
"True or false." I started, "All is fair in love and war." 
 
Tae thought about it for a second before he answered, "True."
 
I smiled, "Good answer." 
 
"Good question."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
After we both finished eating, we left the restaurant and he took us back to his apartment. 
 
"Welcome." He said as he opened the door for me. 
 
"Nice place." I looked around his apartment. It wasn't too small but it wasn't huge either. 
 
"Thank you." Tae smiled, "Can I get you something to drink?"
 
"Yeah, a water is fine." I slowly walked around the apartment and looked at his furniture. "Can I use your restroom?"
 
"Yeah. It's upstairs on the right." He replied from the kitchen.
 
I followed his direction and made my way to the bathroom. I closed and locked the door then reached into my bag. I grabbed my phone and dailed Mia's number. 
 
"I've been waiting for your call. How's it going?" She said as soon as she answered. 
 
"Well everything's been going according to plan. I'm at his apartment right now." I said, in a hushed voice. 
 
"You're going to sleep with him on the first night? I can't believe you!" I could hear Mia's excitement through the phone.
 
"I'm not going to sleep with him. That would only ruin the whole plan."
 
"What do you mean?" Mia had now calmed down.
 
"If I sleep with him now, that would make this a one-night stand and I need this to last 10 days. I need him to want to see me again." I explained. 
 
"And how are you going to do that?" Mia asked.
 
"Well I'm going to dangle the bait-" Mia cut me off. "Wait, what's the bait?"
 
"I'm the bait, Mia." I sighed softly. 
 
"Oh okay I get it, go on." 
 
"Then im going to leave my purse here at his place so he'll have to call me to give it back." I finished then I realized I've been in the bathroom for a while now.
 
"Okay so-" I cut Mia off this time. "I have to go. Just call me back in five minutes." I said quickly then hung up the phone. 
 
I checked out what I looked like in the mirror then walked out of the bathroom. 
 
As I made my way back to the living room, I noticed that Tae had lit some candles and he had music playing from his stereo. 
 
I can only assume what he thought was going to happen tonight. 
 
I reached the bottom stair and he looked at me. 
 
"Everything okay?" He asked as walked over to me with two wine glasses in his hand. 
 
"I asked for water you know." I pointed at the glasses.
 
"I thought this might help the mood." Tae said, his smug attitude was present in his voice.
 
I only let out a soft laugh while I grabbed one of the glasses. I walked over to the couch and sat down. Tae followed behind me and sat next to me on the couch. 
 
"So how come such an attractive woman like yourself doesn't have a boyfriend to take care of her?" Tae said then took a sip from his glass. 
 
I had to hold back a laugh. How cheesy can this guy get? 
 
I also took a sip from my glass then placed it on the table before I spoke up.
 
"Well my job is very important to me and I never really had time to be in a relationship. And plus, I don't need a man to take care of me." I said.
 
"Maybe that's because you haven't found the right guy." Tae leaned in closer. 
 
"Maybe." I leaned in just as close so we were only inches away. 
 
Tae closed his eyes and just when our lips were about touch, my phone's ringtone began to fill the room. 
 
Perfect timing, Mia. 
 
I smiled as I grabbed my phone from my jacket pocket. Tae opened his eyes and looked at me so I turned my smile into a frown. Pretending that I was upset about my phone ruining the moment.
 
"Sorry, I have to go." I said and got up from the couch. "Thanks for dinner though, it was great." I smiled then left out of his apartment, leaving my purse sitting on his coffee table. 
 
I had called a cab and it arrived quickly. Before I got in, I looked up at Tae's apartment and saw him staring down at me. 
 
I smiled up at him then gave him a soft wave and he did the same. 
 
"Oh, you are already falling in love with me." I mumbled to myself before getting in the cab and driving away. 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It's been months since I've updated and I'm sorry about that. I was busy with school related stuff but I just graduated so I should have more time to update.... I hope. But anyway, let me know how the story is going so far. I love the feedback! :)