Chapter Six. "You might actually like this guy."

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
"What an incredible game." I said as we walked out of the venue. "I've never seen a better game winning shot." 
 
I held my arm out towards the street to call a taxi. "It's too bad you missed it." I said as I looked back at Tae. 
 
He just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a smile. "Yep, it's too bad."
 
A taxi stopped in front of me and I opened the door but I didn't go inside yet. "Just one second." I said to the driver. 
 
I turned around to face Tae, "So are you as nice as you seem?" I smiled.
 
It looked like he was thinking about it before he answered. "No." He said then kissed me on the cheek or more like the side my lips. 
 
I laughed a little, "Good, neither am I." I turned toward the car. "Oh, here." I gave him the soda that made him miss the final seconds of the game. 
 
I slid into the car and Tae closed the door for me. I looked up at him through the open window and smiled. "See you later." 
 
Tae only smiled then the taxi driver drove away. 
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
The next day, Mia and Ariel came to my apartment so I can fill them in on what happened. 
 
"So you made him miss the most exciting part of the game so he can get you a soda?" Ariel asked.
 
"That's a little mean." Mia pointed out.
 
I only shrugged at them.
 
"Don't you feel bad?" Mia looked at me. She was always the most heartfelt one of the three of us. 
 
"I guess I feel sort of bad but this will never work if I regret every little thing I do to him." I leaned back on the couch that was set up on the roof of my apartment. "But remember Mia, this is for you, I'm trying to prove a point."
 
Mia just nodded.
 
"So he hasn't called you since last night, how do you plan on seeing him?" Ariel said, taking a sip of her coffee. 
 
I didn't answer Ariel. Instead, I picked up my phone and dailed Tae's number. 
 
"Wait, its 10am. Wouldn't he  be at work right now?" Mia looked down at my phone.
 
"Exactly." I said and put my phone on speaker and sat it on the table.
 
Both Ariel and Mia sat up and waited for an answer.
 
(Tae's POV)
 
"Come on guys, we have to do a whole lot better than this." My boss said as he placed down pictures of our previous advertisements. "I ex-" he was cut off when one of the secretaries came into the meeting room. 
 
"What is it?" He said to her.
 
"Um.. there's a call on line two for Mr. Kim." I looked up after hearing my name. 
 
"Can you please tell them to  take a messa-" The secretary cut me off this time. 
 
"Well the call is from Ms. Faye." She said. 
 
I looked up at my boss and he nodded. "Just make it quick." He said then turned back to the board behind him. 
 
"I will." I got out of my seat and went towards the back of the room, where the phone was. "Hello." 
 
"It's me!" I could hear Kiyah's voice loud through the other end. 
 
"Listen, I'm in the middle of a meeting. Can I call you back?" I said calmly.
 
"I miss you Tae." She whined a little at the end. 
 
I was really starting to regret the girl that I chose. I know I need to win this bet but man, was this girl clingy.
 
"Yeah, I miss you too." I said  with my head on my hand. 
 
Jimin and Jackson, who were also in this meeting, laughed at the situation. Along with the two robots that got me into this situation in the first place. 
 
I looked up at my boss and he was moving his finger in a rushing motion, indicating me to hurry up. 
 
"Are you busy tonight?" Kiyah spoke up again on the phone. 
 
"Uh no, I'm not. Why don't we catch a movie or something?"
 
"A movie? My choice?" I, and everyone else in the room could hear the excitement in her voice. 
 
"Your choice." I replied.
 
I looked over at Jimin and Jackson. Jimin laughed while Jackson shook his head.
 
"Okay, I'm so excited! I'll call you later. Bye!" 
 
"Bye." I hung up the phone.
 
 
(Kiyah's POV)
 
The could barely stand to hear the words that were coming out of my mouth. I was never really the clingy type. And plus, I raised my voice up about two octaves.
 
After Tae hung up, all three of us laughed. 
 
"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry but you sound really annoying." Mia stopped laughed and said. 
 
"I know, that's the point." I said and took a sip of my coffee.
 
"I might be wrong but I think you actually like hanging out with this guy." Ariel smirked at me.
 
"You're right." I sat up and smiled at her, "You are wrong." 
 
 
___________________
I'm sorry, this chapter is pretty short. (Let's just say it's a filler.)
I want to let you guys know that I really appreciate the comments, they really motive me to post more often. 
Also, it would so awesome if you guys check out my quizzes and click and drag games!
Thank you