Seven

Agreed upon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They had spent the night sitting on the same chair, staring into the same screen, willing the numbers of bookings to increase. They watched as slowly, the digits moved and multiplied, ever so slowly but steadily. At the corner of the eyes, to the bottom right of the screen, the time ticked by, signifying that it was close to 4 in the morning and they were still far, really far from even having a 50% occupancy rate for the festival’s night. It didn’t help that the increase in numbers were dwindling, signifying that it was time that most of the younger crowd are heading to slumber land.



In fact, for the both of them, who were of course far from being considered aged but they weren’t really getting any younger either, they too were getting really sleepy. It wasn’t too long before they sighed in dejection for the last time, and succumbed to their drowsiness, falling asleep on the same arm chair. Half-asleep, with the conscious mind barely awake, they started shuffling into more comfortable positions. Somewhere in the midst of it all, Yoseob had practically crawled to the CEO’s lap, with the latter awakening a little in surprise, but deciding that it was okay to be selfish just for a night as he slipped his arms into the expandable space between Yoseob’s hands and waist. Securing his grip of the smaller male’s teeny waist, he inhaled the calming scent of his and drifted into a deep sleep.



The smaller male gave a small grunt as he buried his face more into the CEO’s chest, that warm and reassuring chest, mumbling to himself that the numbers on the screen had better increased or he would be throwing more than a pen at Doojoon’s haughty face during the meeting in the morning. A nagging image of Haeyeon and his disappointed parents fleeted across his mind but he decided that it was okay to ignore all of that for a night. He was after all, the youngest of the family and he really should be pampered and get what he wants at certain times. He had played the role of an elder brother despite being the youngest and it was good enough a reason that he gets to be selfish for tonight. So, he pushed all thoughts away as he placed his right palm on the cotton shirt of the CEO, crumpling it a little as it fisted the shirt, holding on. Tightly.



It wasn’t like they had never slept in their entire life before or that they had weeks and weeks of sleepless nights previously. It wasn’t even that their beds were prickly and uncomfortable and impossible to sleep on. It wasn’t even that something felt like it was missing on the many nights they have spent without one another. It was just that this feels so right, so soothing, so…nice. And it very well might be the reason that nights would get harder in the next few nights.



Just a night sleeping together on an arm chair that really isn’t meant for two and the many years of sleeping alone previously just seemed so wasteful now as there was no better sleep than this. This whole, sleeping with Yoseob on Junhyung’s lap, Junhyung holding Yoseob close, with the air conditioning blasting right at them but feeling completely warm from each other’s body heat.



Even in such an awkward posture, they both slept one of the best sleep they had ever had in their entire life. Therefore, it was undeniably frustrating when loud knockings on the door were heard and they both had to pry open their eyelids to allow the light to enter. Yoseob was faster in awakening fully as he gave a cute yawn, stretching like a cat whilst still on the taller male’s lap. Turning his head towards the door with both his hands on Junhyung’s shoulder, he stared blearily at the source of intrusion, only to see a red-faced – and was that smoke puffing out of his ears?- Doojoon glaring at them both.



Junhyung cleared his throat and propped the smaller male up on his desk as he tried to get his muscles to wake up, reaching for a cup of water, drinking from it and making sure to leave a good amount before passing it to Yoseob for him to drink too. Combing his fingers through his hair to help make him look less like he just woke up, he looked right back at Doojoon and casually greeted the other CEO, knowing full well that the incensed male was drowning in jealousy, “Good morning, Mr Yoon. How may I help you, so early in the morning?”



Through gritted teeth, Doojoon snarled, “It is 10.30 and the sun is almost at its highest point in the sky. The meeting is just half an hour away and I am here to invite Yoseob to have breakfast, prior to it.” The smaller male straightened his back at the mention of his name and shook his head, “Sorry Mr Yoon, we overslept so breakfast isn’t possible. I’ve got to help Mr Yong to prepare before the meeting.”



“What’s the point? He is going to lose his position as the CEO and you would be my personal assistant anyway.”



“If Junhyung is no longer the CEO, I’ll resign from this job as well.” Yoseob replied firmly, his gaze intense and humourless. Junhyung stared at Yoseob in surprise, not expecting the smaller male to have said that. “You will?”



The smaller male snapped his focus back at Junhyung and smacked him on the forehead, “Of course I will! What’s with the tone of surprise?” The taller male snickered as he rubbed a hand on his forehead, “You are paid well here and I’m sure the new CEO would treat you well,” he lowered his gaze a little at that, “and you probably would be happier working with him. There are less chances of failure…”



The smaller male slowly bent his uninjured leg, his knee touching his chest now, and just as both CEOs were wondering what Yoseob was up to, the leg was kicked out fully, the feet landing hardly on Junhyung’s right thigh, causing him to stagger slight. “Confidence! What did I tell you about confidence? And how could you say such a thing? Besides, do I look like I go about kissing all the people I work for?!”



“You both kissed?!”



“Argh, I’m really not in the mood for all these when I just woke up,” Yoseob muttered angrily, hopping off the desk much to the chagrin of Junhyung and limped towards his own table. “I don’t even know why we are speaking as if we know that Mr Yoon is already the winner. A miracle could have happened and for all we know, the occupancy rate of this hotel might have doubled as the news from the midnight oil burners would reach the early birds high schoolers and all.”



Junhyung, whose eyes had immediately shot to his computer screen when the smaller male mentioned about the occupancy rate, raised a hand like an obedient child in class asking for the teacher’s permission to speak.



“What?!” Yoseob shot at him.



“Quadrupled… A miracle happened and it’s not just a double occupancy rate. I remembered seeing it at 19% only before I fell asleep and it’s at 78% now! That’s mueven more than four times of 19% in fact! Yoseob ah, it’s a miracle!”



The smaller male fumbled with his computer’s mouse and his eyes quickly scanned the date on his own screen as a wide smile stretched across his face. Typing into the keyboard and clicking a few more times, he began laughing, his laughter a concoction of surprise, disbelief and amazement. Pointing a finger to the screen to guide his line of sight, he began muttering excitedly, “Just as I thought, there was a sudden peak at about 8 in the morning! I bet that students were sharing the news and wanted to catch the promotion rate which ends at 9, therefore they all had quickly made the bookings! This is incredible!”



Junhyung nodded his head, moderately dizzy from the excitement and astonishment brewing in him, “We should have a special fans’ night, like screening of music videos, snacks and refreshments for fans to bond together!”



“You’re a fan boy, aren’t you? So which idol do you like?” Yoseob teased, impressed that his CEO was finally showing more of the potential that he had strongly believe he had possessed but was buried by his lack of confidence. Remembered that Doojoon was still in the room, he turned his head to him in blatant glee, “There is no way that you would beat our occupancy rate! Each of your idols get a room to themselves and some of the rooms are even used for their props and clothes right? Therefore, even if their managers, stylists and staff took up all your rooms in the hotel, we still would win you. Our room bookings all have an average of three in a room. That would mean that we have more people staying over at our place!”



Doojoon narrowed his eyes into slits as his teeth grinded together, “Don’t be too quick to celebrate, Yoseob ah. We have not gotten the proper figures.”



“We don’t need pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter