Six

Agreed upon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoseob fixed a steely, piercing gaze at the beeline the shareholders made on their way out of the meeting room, his jaws set and his fists clenched. It seemed like an impossible task to undertake to convince the idols to book their rooms here in their hotel since Doojoon’s hotel has a better reputation in the past few months. Annoyed from the thoughts that were stewing in him, he crossed his arms squarely and a childlike sulk surfaced on his face.



Smiling affectionately at the cherubic face, Junhyung instinctively traced his thumb along the smaller male’s bottom lip. “It’s alright, we will figure something out. Don’t hurt that pretty face with your frown”, he spoke quietly. A pair of solemn, round eyes stared up at him, trembling with frustration, “How is it possible? We only have a day. Even I don’t have that kind of confidence.”



“Then maybe it means that it really is fate that I have to give up this position. I will just admit to having failed my parents, for not being able to sustain this business that they worked their whole lives for.” The CEO replied with a hint of resignation, tucking his hands into his pockets now as he lowered his sight. “Don’t say such things. It’s not your fault at all and if the rest of the staff here had been more helpful than problematic, I’m sure you would have done a better job. I just can’t believe everything is going to end after just a week or so…”



“It’s alright, Yoseob. You are welcome to work for me once again.”



The small male had his eyes rolled all the way to the back of his head, he really was that irritated, and wheeled his chair around to look at the offending, other CEO. The one he really couldn’t care much to work for. He wondered if he had felt this much irritation when he was working in Star Hotel for this annoying CEO. But then again, it could also be because he tend to be more protective of Junhyung and thus, have such a disproportionate reaction to Doojoon now. If Junhyung wasn’t that charming or attractive or gentle to Yoseob, he probably wouldn’t even –hold that thought. He could not believe his mind had just strayed so far from topic.



“You have not even won the competition yet,” the smaller male replied snappily, standing up from his chair, all riled up and huffy. There were times where he was a little more patient, there were times where he put up with some people and their rudeness, there were times where he would be able to fake a polite smile. This was however, not the time at all. “I don’t even know why you must behave like a child and do something like this when you should be satisfied enough with what you have at your own hotel.” He spread his weight evenly on both feet, forgetting that his right ankle was hurt and gave a surprised yelp at the slight pain.



An arm instinctively hooked around his waist, prompting him to lean some of his weight on the sturdy body of the owner of the arm. He blushed, still affected by the gentle mannerisms of Junhyung who was looking at him reproachfully now, his arm still firmly attached to his waist. For some strange reason, even in this silent exchange, he felt a warm, bubbling joy in him that made him want to giggle like a schoolgirl. Of course, that was not going to happen as he has enough sense to maintain a poker face.



His reddened cheeks didn’t go unnoticed though as Doojoon clucked his tongue and stared pointedly at the two connected bodies. “That is exactly why I am behaving like a child and doing something like this. I am not satisfied until you are mine, Yoseob. You were happy working for me and we complemented each other so well. It was because of this pathetic man that you had to help that’s why you are taken away from me.”



Yoseob was dumbfounded that Doojoon would even think that they complemented each other. He remembered mostly slapping that man on the forehead for being a pompous airhead and it wasn’t even an affectionate gesture. It was a serious display of crossness. He would never be caught admitting it but plenty of times, his mild violence towards Junhyung was when words of concerned couldn’t be formed or out of exasperation that the CEO could be so blind to his own personal assets and strengths.



“It wasn’t awful working together, honestly. But, it is definitely more enjoyable working for Mr Yong here.” The smaller male really didn’t want to waste any more time on meaningless and spiteful conversations, wanting to invest time more on winning the competition and making sure that Junhyung’s hotel do not fall into Doojoon’s hands. Nudging the taller male, Yoseob gestured for him to be allowed to hop on his back. Which Junhyung readily complied with, of course.



The Star Hotel’s CEO could only glare at them both, further narrowing his eyes when they caught Junhyung’s hands cupping the back of Yoseob’s thighs, so close to his bottom, to hold the smaller male up. His pride did not allow him to speak anymore, to get shot back by Yoseob any further and to continue watching the two in their touchy-feely moments. “I’ll be back tomorrow, as the CEO of this pitiable excuse of a hotel.” That said, he walked ahead of them and out of the meeting room’s door.



Yoseob finally let out a sigh, sinking his chin into Junhyung’s broad shoulder with his eyes closed, “I really pray for a miracle. What are the odds that Star hotel gets hit by a huge scandal or something?” He felt the small rumble in Junhyung as the taller male chuckled, “The odds are as high as your bow tie is on your shirt. Which I must say, makes you look really, really cute. I like the whole button up look you have today, something new?”



“Yeah, I was skimming through a magazine last night and saw a model looking suave even with a bow tie. You know, cream coloured fitting shirt with a navy blue bow tie, really suave. I caught a glimpse of myself in the lift’s mirror just now. I look like I’m five.”



Junhyung laughed loudly as he hoisted Yoseob higher, adjusting the smaller male’s body on him, “I like you in this manner. Cute. Please don’t be suave, leave that to me.” The smaller male lifted his chin, his eyes staring at the side of Junhyung’s face, “Seems like all the confidence boosting tips I’m giving you are working!”



“I never had issues with my looks, just my work usually”, the CEO quipped as he looked into the smaller male’s eyes, “But really. I like you this way. Adorable, and beautiful in your own way.”



Yoseob turned his head away, placing a cheek on the CEO’s shoulder, as a pout grew naturally, “Don’t you even dare to try sweet talking me. You said all that hair-raising praises to me yesterday afternoon but at nightfall, you were kissing my sister at the front door. What are you playing at?”



“You weren’t sleeping yet? Were you peeping at us? Why? Are you jealous?”



The smaller male pinched Junhyung on the arm, “I’m not! I just so happened to be looking out of the window because your car’s engine was making so much noise and it woke me up.” The CEO gave a sad smile as he muttered under his breath, “I wish you were though.”



“Wish I was what?”



“Jealous.”



------



The hands of the clock were at opposite ends, one vertically up and slightly slanting to the right, one vertically d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter