Thirteen

Agreed upon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His car screeched to a stop at the front of the grand hotel and he brushed past the valets and bell boys trying to serve him. After all, this ‘guest’ had such a luxurious car, why would they care if his parked car was hindering the drop off road? The priority now was to cater to his needs and wants. Even the receptionists who were working monotonously behind the counter raised their heads and adjusted their clothes before emerging out, making a bee line for this handsome, wealthy male that just entered.



Junhyung could not care less though as he instructed to everyone in general, “I want to meet your CEO right now.” 



Everyone began chattering among themselves, wondering why this good looking male was looking for their CEO. Frustrated because no one seemed to be doing anything about it though, he grabbed someone and shook him by the shoulders, “Call your CEO to come down now.” Junhyung could feel his sanity falling apart bit by bit every second that Yoseob was missing and the only reason that he could still walk straight was because he knew he needed to remain as calm as possible to find and save his small lover. 



“It would be much appreciated if you do not place a finger on any of my staff”, a stern voice rang through the lobby, causing Junhyung to snappily turn around and glare at the direction where the voice was coming from. Closing in the distance in a flash, he threw a fist at the other CEO and spat at him, “Where did you bring Yoseob to?!”



Doojoon furrowed his brow and held on to the developing bruise on his cheek as he regained his posture from the shock. Pointing to his staff, he gestured for the security to hold on to Junhyung, “Get that idiot. I’m going to sue him for assaulting me and all of you can be witnesses.” He returned the other CEO’s glare, incensed from the unanticipated violence, “Who do you think you are? Barging into my hotel, causing a ruckus in the lobby and even punching me?!”



“I punched you because you are a sly, conniving idiot who cannot win over Yoseob’s heart and thus, resorted to such underhand methods to take him away from me!”



“What are you talking about?!” The Star Hotel’s CEO was downright pissed now as he was not comprehending what the other CEO was going on about, “Do you even know what you are saying? Or are you that daft to sprout nonsense here!? Did Yoseob dump you, that’s why you came running here to cry like the baby you are?! Sorry, why don’t you go find your mummy and daddy—oops! I forgot, they are dead!” 



Junhyung snarled and shoved the guards away as he threw his body forward, ready to hit out Doojoon once again. Thankfully, a younger man ran out amongst the crowd of the staff and faced Junhyung bravely with a serious face but hands stretched out just in case the punch wasn’t held back in time. “Stop! Stop! Yong Jun Hyung right?”



The CEO pulled back his fist and stared at the new person now, his eyes narrowed suspiciously as to what this newbie wants. “If you want to stand up for your boss, I’m telling you to step back now becau—“



“I’m Dongwoon, Son Dong Woon.”



Junhyung quietened down and the features of his face soften as the name echoed in his ears. It was a very familiar name but he wasn’t sure where exactly he had heard it. Noting the change in expression, Dongwoon took out his phone and hurriedly tapped on it before showing the screen to the CEO. “I’m Yoseob’s friend, Dongwoon. I’m pretty sure he would have mentioned me at least once when he goes on the nature trips with you. He always talks about you to me, which is why I know your name.”



The CEO scanned the photo of Yoseob and Dongwoon as he remembered the few occasions that the smaller male really did mention a friend who was also an adventure enthusiast. He nodded his head and was about to acknowledge that he does know who Dongwoon was but Doojoon who had been watching in irritation interrupted him. His cat eyes were stuck on Junhyung although he was addressing the staff, “Dongwoon, just because you know his name does not mean that he is not an enemy but a friend.”



“Definitely not, Mr Yoon”, the young male assured his boss, “however, I couldn’t help but notice that Mr Yong here seems inclined to think that you have taken away Yoseob. As a friend, I’m very concerned too cause it appears that Yoseob is missing and I’ve been messaging him the whole morning but received no replies. Therefore, I wanted to hear more from Mr Yong about what happened.”



“Yoseob’s missing?!” Doojoon shouted incredulously at Junhyung, “What the hell is wrong with you? Why didn’t you say so right from the start?!”



“He did, Mr Yoon”, Dongwoon interjected lightly, “It’s just that everything was too chaotic just now so you probably didn’t catch it. Anyway, Mr Yong, could you provide us with more details?”



“The CCTV caught a disguised man tussling with Yoseob and finally subduing him before bringing his unconscious body out of our hotel. Up till now, we still have no calls for ransom or have no lead on where he could be.”



“This happened in your hotel?” Doojoon snorted and raised his arms up in the air dramatically, “Why am I not surprised? I should not have allowed Yoseob to leave this company and go work for you and your pathetic excuse of a hotel. Now, he is taken away right under your noses and you guys are clueless to his disappearance!” He threw a dirty look at Junhyung before gathering his staff and instructing them, “Someone call HR to get Yoseob’s photo, we should still have his record, and print a thousand copies of it. Those who can be relieved of their duties, take his photo and comb this city. Split yourself up to cover different neighbourhoods. Ask every single person you can meet. Send his photo to all your friends, spread the word, say that a monetary reward will be given to whoever who found him.”



While everyone was running in different directions to fulfil their CEO’s instructions, Junhyung was scowling at Doojoon, earning an offended “What’s your problem” from the latter.



“Haeyeon thinks that Byeong Su had something to do with Yoseob’s disappearance and from what she said, she saw you talking to him yesterday. We have every reason to believe that you are involved in this too.”



Doojoon rolled his eyes and glowered at him, “You can’t be serious, can you? I, Yoon Doo Joon, do things out in the open and there isn’t a need for me to do something as underhand as kidnapping. I can win Yoseob over by my charms and do not need to take him by force.”



“Then what were you talking about to Byeong Su then?”



“If you must know, I told him to spy on your progress on the competition and to update me whenever necessary. I want to make sure that you lose your hotel to me, that I will admit but this is how it works in the business world. I am protecting my empire by expanding it.”



Junhyung’s brows were knitted as he processed the information that Doojoon was giving. Part of him hated that man for trying to fight with him for his hotel but part of him also knew that the Star Hotel’s CEO wasn’t lying. However, if he was not lying… That meant that Junhyung was back to square one. He still didn’t know where Yoseob could possibly be. 



“Alright”, he mumbled dejectedly, turning away as he walked steadfastly to his car again.



“Wait, Mr Yong, where are you going?”



“I don’t know”, Junhyung whispered sadly as he looked at Dongwoon, “I really don’t know. All I know is that I need to find and save Yoseob fast.”



“Wait, wait, wait!” Doojoon suddenly yelled, his eyes bulging now as they darted around, seemingly trying to recall something. “If Byeong Su is a suspect… then maybe he could have brought Yoseob there!”



“Where? Yoon Doo Joon, you have to speak faster or I’ll pull your throat out.”



The Star Hotel’s CEO shot daggers with his eyes at Junhyung, “Ingrate. Anyway, during yesterday’s conversation, Byeong Su stated that he did not want to update me by phone as it leaves a record and asked if he knew of a safe spot where he could provide me with the updates but nobody would ever go to. This way, no one would ever catch us. I remembered that there is a small forest, north of the city, which people usually don’t frequent as the road is not in the way of any popular or frequented places. I told him of the place and the directions there. He could have brought Yoseob there.”



Junhyung very swiftly took out his phone and informed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter