Three

Agreed upon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, when do you plan to announce your engagement with my sister? How do you plan to do it? Did you discuss with her regarding the story behind how long you both have dated, how you proposed, why did you propose now and all?”



Junhyung looked up from his documents, trying to process all the questions that were being thrown at him. Lifting his hand to rub on his temples, he gave an apologetic smile at his feisty assistant, “I have not met her since the dinner with your family. For the whole week, I am just too busy doing everything you have been telling me to do. There was just no time at all.”



He dodged a flying pen and when it gave a resounding bang against the wall behind him, he sat upright once again and gave an amused look at Yoseob, “A week working with you and I think I’ve caught on to all your—“. A pen hit him hard on the forehead, interrupting him as he held on to an immediate, growing bruise, rubbing it and glaring at the smaller male now, “Yah! I didn’t deserve that!”



“Yes, you do.” Yoseob snarled as he inched closer and closer to the taller male, stomping his foot on every step that he takes. “My sister was telling me how she missed you last night when I finally went home and saw her and that she was really excited to when the engagement would be taking place. I thought that she was just being clingy and stuff but it’s no wonder she missed you! You have not met her at all!”



“Well, like you’ve said it yourself, you finally went home last night. Prior to that, where were you?” Junhyung explained, “You were with me all these while drafting up the new policies and rules to implement to this company right? And even when we left the office, you even stayed over at my place, working through till late at night and waking up early in the morning. Right?”



The smaller male blinked his eyes as he was reminded of the past week and there was nothing more that Junhyung wanted to do than to pinch that adorable face of his. “Well… You could have called her.” The taller male rolled his eyes, feeling less worried for his safety now and walked to the front of his table, crossing his arms as he leaned against the table, locking eyes with the smaller male who was merely two steps away from him. Somehow, Junhyung felt that the short distance them was strangely, very… comfortable.



“Every time I reach for my phone to check on my messages, a pen flies in my direction. Did you think I would even dare to make a phone call?”



Yoseob pouted and glared indignantly at the taller male but could not find any words of rebuttal as he knew that Junhyung was right. Every single time Junhyung as much as look away from their work, the smaller male would attack him be it physically or verbally. As he was in his thoughts, he felt a finger poking at the middle of both his eyebrows. Widening his eyes now, he felt the finger massaging him gently and Junhyung whispering, “Don’t frown. It’s giving you wrinkles.”



Slapping away the finger, he sulked, “So answer my questions. When are you going to announce the engagement and what’s the plan?”



Junhyung took a deep breath and let out a long sigh as he placed his hands by his side, staring up at the ceiling, “I don’t know. I know that I’ve made the promise to your father and I will carry it out. Don’t be mistaken that I am backing out now. It’s just that, I wonder if it really is a good idea to do it so soon. I might not be the right guy for your sister and I don’t want to burden her with all the public and media exposure if the engagement does not pull through and we don’t get married in the end.”



“But my sister is the sweetest and gentlest lady you can ever find! There’s no way that you wouldn’t fall for her. And on her part, I can tell that she’s very infatuated with you!”



“Infatuation is different from love, Yoseob ah. Infatuation is not what makes a marriage.”



“But”, Yoseob stressed, “It is the beginning of love!”



The taller male sighed, “I know you want this to work out and I do too. I just think that it might be too soon to announce for an engagement. The consequences if the marriage does not happen would be detrimental to your sister. Me? I have my fair share of bad media ever since I took over so I don’t mind it at all. But I don’t want your sister to suffer too.”



“I’m sure my sister is prepared for all that when she agreed to my father’s suggestion.”



Junhyung eyed the smaller male curiously, “You are really that eager for both of us to get together?” It wasn’t that he was upset, he really shouldn’t be and there really isn’t any reason that he should be. But for some unexplainable reason, there was an unnerving tug in his heart when Yoseob expressed such eagerness in the development of him and his sister’s relationship.



“Of course!” Yoseob sighed exasperatedly as he hopped on the table, sitting on it with Junhyung by his side, “Do you know how much I hated my sister’s previous boyfriend? I knew she deserved better and true enough, that scum dumped her, leaving her all alone for no real reason at all. If I ever see him again, I would strangle him alive. But anyway, after he left her, she had not really been herself so when dad suggested the engagement that night after you approached him, I was really surprised that she agreed so readily! It seemed like she really likes you and I’m really, really hoping that this works out. I’ve seen how you’re like and I think you are a worthy husband for her!”



That did not serve as any form of comfort for Junhyung who turned away from the pleading look of his small assistant. Deep down inside him, he felt an uneasy clenching of his guts which he could not place a finger on what it was exactly. Nodding his head softly, he placed a comforting palm over Yoseob’s knee, “Alright, I’ll meet with her to discuss on our engagement tonight. Just help me give her a call to inform her. I’m going for the meeting with the sales department now.”



With that, he got off the table, rounded it and gathered his documents and walked away from the smaller male, not meeting his eyes at all. Yoseob was slightly taken aback by the CEO’s unusual behaviour but decided to shrug it off as he questioned him, “Do you want me to accompany you for this?”



The taller male turned his head back slightly but his eyes were downcast as he spoke, “It’s alright, you have helped me so much with all the policies and stuff. Let me try attending a meeting on my own. I can’t have you with me all the time if I want to build on my confidence.” As he finished, he turned his heels and walked right out of his office, closing the door behind him as softly as he could with his trembling hand. Shaking his head as he tried to gather himself, he inhaled deeply and whispered to no one in particular,



“And I can’t have you with me all the time if I have to fall in love with your sister.”


------



Yoseob was almost skipping as he walked with Junhyung from the carpark to his home. He knew that his parents were also very excited that the CEO was going to their place for dinner again and they all greatly welcomed him as other than the fact that he would soon be part of their family, Junhyung was a really nice and thoughtful man. He was also glad that his sister would be in the safe hands of a trustworthy man. It didn’t matter that business was still not picking up as it had only been a week. However, in view of the changes implemented over the short period he has taken on the role as Junhyung’s personal assistant, he was very certain that the hotel will return to its former glory, if not, even better.



The CEO was noticeably not as enthusiastic though, as he trudged his feet across the floor, his eyes never lifted from the ground. The smaller male who was a few steps ahead, turned and tilted his head innocently at Junhyung, “What are you thinking about?”



“Oh, nothing. Just work stuff.”



Yoseob grinned and made a beeline to Junhyung as he draped an arm across his shoulders, “Well, I can’t believe I’m saying this now but stop thinking about work! For now, focus on your love life!”



Junhyung smiled as he felt the breath of Yoseob’s grazing past his cheeks, relishing in the warmth of it, “I kind of wish that I do have more freedom in how my love life would be.” He ducked just as Yoseob swung his arm towards his head, laughing as he ran ahead of the smaller male now, “Missed me! You’re losing touch!”



The smaller male snorted and rolled his eyes, “I’m just letting you go because you are going to be my brother-in-law. But the next time I hear you say such a thing, I’m quitting. You get my sister as a wife, you get me as your assistant. If you don’t want my sister, you don’t get me at all.” He then stuck out his tongue in a playful manner.



The taller male kept quiet as he stared hard at Yoseob now, causing the latter to be a tad uncomfortable as he shifted about his feet. “What? What are you staring at?” Junhyung snapped out of his solemnness as he chuckled, “At how terribly ugly you are for doing that.”



A hand, or rather, hands flew in his direction as Yoseob started chasing after him, trying to smack him on the head as he yelled, “I am the best looking man you can ever find, you take that back!”



The CEO laughed even louder as he ran from the angry imp, “Nuh uh, not taking it back!” He gained speed, running towards the house and dashing into the door, quickly gathering the attention of Yoseob’s parents whom he know would shield him from the smaller

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter