Warmth

Miracle [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning as Namjoo opened her eyes sleepily, she immediately noticed the warmth that surrounded her. She usually woke up freezing cold, having misplaced her blankets in the middle of the night, but something was different this time. She became acutely aware of a heat radiating into her back, the kind of heat that can only be created by another person.

Her eyes shot open as she realized where the warmth must have been coming from and she felt her stomach drop like an anchor, the familiar sense of panic beginning to cloud her senses. But then, the intruder in her bed seemed to become aware of what was happening, pulling her closer into the embrace. The shift in movement sent a waft of strawberry scented bliss to fill her nostrils, and her panic began to dissipate into thin air.

Namjoo swiveled to lie on her back and as she did so senses Hayoung gaze wash over her,obviously trying to gage how she was coping with the current situation.

"Morning Joo," Hayoung sweetly said, her voice thick with sleep. The girls were still cuddled up together, with Hayoung gripping the fabric of Namjoo's T-Shirt loosely.

Two pairs of brown eyes, each of a strikingly different shade stared into each other for a moments before Hayoung spoke again.

"I guess I should probably explain how I ended up.... in your bed." Namjoo noticed a very faint hint of nervousness in Hayoung's voice, as if she was scared that the brunette would make a run for it any second.

 After receiving a nod and a reassuring look in her direction, Hayoung continued.

"You've been having really bad nightmares every night.... although I suppose you probably know that. But anyway, last night's one was really bad... I tried everything that usually works to calm you down but nothing was working. So I just thought I get in," a rosy blush crept up Hayoung's face as she spoke shyly.

"I know I shouldn't have done. It was really insensitive of me. I can get out if you want. But it worked.. as soon as we started cuddling you went right back to sleep so I just thought I'd stay here. I really did plan on moving back before you woke up but I guess I was just really comfy and I carried on sleeping and I'm really sorry Namjoo..." But before Hayoung could continue, she was stopped with softest of touches on her lips. Her rambling had been stopped by Namjoo's finger, lying as lightly as a feather across her lips, a clear sign that she should just be quiet. 

"So do you want me to get out?" asked Hayoung sensitively.

The pillow rustled quietly as Namjoo shook her head. Hayoung relaxed at this response and Namjoo turned away from Hayoung, molded herself back into Hayoung's form and closed her eyes.

------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day passed by in a blur of patronizing doctors, gossiping patients, and in Hayoung's case, infuriating parents.

Namjoo and Hayoung were re-united in their room mid-afternoon, and they sat reading as they usually did. But Hayoung could tell that something was bothering Namjoo, she just couldn't put her finger on what. She noticed that the brunette was very restless. Usually she got so absorbed in her book that she'd be distracted for hours, but today her eyes were wandering across the room and she was fidgeting non-stop. 

Hayoung put down her book and got up to put on her jacket and shoes which had been discarded at the end of the bed.

"Do you fancy coming for a walk, Namjoo? It's really nice outside."

The brunette responded eagerly and proceeded to don her coat and trademark sneakers. She opened the door courteously for Hayoung and waved her shyly through before following suit. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Warm rays of sun reflected off the lake as Hayoung and Namjoo walked past, the soft spring breeze blowing locks of brown hair of Hayoung's eyes. After a battle of wills, Hayoung slid her arm through Namjoo's as they walked along, ecstatic when the younger girl didn't even flinch at the contact. She simply looked up at Hayoung's eyes and smiled.

"Something's bothering you. What's wrong? I know you think you're some impenetrable fortress, but not to me, Namjoo, I can tell when the cogs in your head are turning too fast."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter