Nightmares

Miracle [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Planning it seems so easy but actually writing it kills me... Plus sch is being a bully....

 Hayoung woke up when she heard Namjoo screaming and thrashing around in her bed. She sat up from her bed and looked at the bed parallel to hers on the other side of the room. Namjoo's blanket tangled in her small limb, her breath was erratic as if she had been running for miles.

Not knowing what to do, Hayoung sat and watched in hopes that her nightmare will stop and can go back to sleep peacefully. 'I can't go over and wake her up' Hayoung thought to herself. 'I would only make it worse if i go over and touch her. She might panic even more.'

Over the last few weeks, Hayoung had grown very fond of the silent girl. She also thought of the time Namjoo had been there for her. Just having Namjoo sitting next to her made her feel so much better about everything that had happened, and she was sure that Namjoo felt the same but she did not want to push her.

"Namjoo...." Hayoung called out gently.

The silent girl continued to roll around her bed while letting out soft whimpers in her slumber. Hayoung was taken aback as this was the first sound she heard Namjoo ever made. She sounded so scared and vulnerable.

"Namjoo ah... Namjoo... It's okay. Everything is fine." 

Namjoo stayed still for a moment as Hayoung's words seem to have worked. Her face, which had previously been screwed up in a grimace of fear was now tranquil. Hayoung watched as Namjoo's body began relaxing.

As she glanced down the floor, Hayoung noticed that at some point during the night, Namjoo had dropped her plushie. She leaned down and picked it up as Namjoo rolled over again to face her. She slowly placed the plushie into Namjoo's open arms and watched as the toy was drawn into Namjoo's chest.

Hayoung lay in bed listening to the soft rise and fall of Namjoo's breathing as it return to normal.

-------------------------------------------------------

The following day was uneventful for both of them as they continue on their usual meals and therapy. After lunch, in their free time, Namjoo and Hayoung sat in the communal room with some of the other patients, as they had started doing in the afternoon. 

Amy lee was loud as usual. They were all watching a drama - The heirs - chosen by Amy of course.

"This is my favorite drama. I auditioned to be in it back in my hometown. My casting agency sent the video to the producers and i got casted as Park Shin Hye's part nut couldn't do it as my uncle got mauled by a stray hippopotamus that had escaped from the zoo so i had to stay at home and look after him because his leg got infected with Hippo saliva. It's deadly, you know?"

At this comment, Hayoung turned to Namjoo and rolled her eyes. Namjoo offered a small smile and shook her head slightly. That was all Hayoung needed to know on what she thought of the stories Amy made up. The two had gotten use to communicating through just one look or gesture. Hayoung found that she didn't need to hear Namjoo speak to know what she is thinking.

As Amy began to act out one of the scenes from The heirs, Stacie yelled back.

"WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?!"

"Make me." Amy challenged her.

Soon enough, the two girls were chasing each other around the room, jumping over cushions and tables, hiding behind the sofas to get away from each other.

Namjoo and Hayoung tried to keep out of the action and watched from the sideline but suddenly Namjoo felt a weight crash down on her. It took her several seconds to realized that it was in fact Stacie lying over her. Her lungs were being crushed by the weight of the other girl and she began to panic. A lot.

Namjoo could vaguely feel Stacie being pulled off of her, and hear Hayoung scolding the girls but her eyes glazed over. The panic rise in her chest. Her eyes were ringing. She was struggling to breathe. Stacie's sudden proximity and the claustrophobic it caused had caught her off guard and she had no idea what to do.

After Hayoung had finished yelling at Stacie and Amy, telling them to try and be less immature, she turned round to Namjoo. Noticing immediately the paleness of Namjoo's skin and the glassy look that had coated her eyes, she knew that something was really wrong. She wasn't moving and shallow breaths were grating through her lungs. Her hands were clenched up into fists that gripped the material of the sofa with sheer desperation.

"Namjoo... Namjoo, just breathe. Just breathe and calm down, you can do it." Hayoung said reassuringly, le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter