Ruined

Miracle [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoo woke up with a start. Her blood curling dreams had returned with a vengeance. Slowly, she sat up and looked around the room; her quilt and stuff animal were strewn, haphazardly around the room, thrown away in a fit of terror at some point in the night.

As she came to her senses, the heart wrenching memory of being ripped apart from Hayoung yet again, appears in front of her eyes. She had no idea what to do with herself.

As she slumped back down in bed, there was a knock at her door. After a few seconds, Nurse Tiffany slowly entered. In her peripherals, Namjoo saw Tiffany looking at her with a look of pure compassion, she, more than anyone else understood how horrific this was for both of the girls and Namjoo knew that Nurse Tiffany was doing anything and everything in her power to try and reunite the two lovers.

"Come on Namjoo. I know it's the last thing you want to do right now but its time for group."

After Namjoo's lack of response to her statement, Nurse Tiffany walked further into the room and sat down gently on the end of Namjoo's bed. She and Namjoo had come to have a mutual respect for each other over the past few weeks, and although she knew she shouldn't, Nurse Tiffany had developed a certain affection for the silent girl.

"Namjoo, I understand how hard this is but please, you need to get up honey."

Several tries later, Nurse Tiffany gave up on her attempt to move Namjoo, knowing that forcing her into group therapy would probably make things even worse.

Namjoo lay in bed, thinking through everything that had happened. Her mind was clouded with constant thoughts of Hayoung. She was beginning to lose all hope, she didn't know if she could ever get better without Hayoung by her side again.

'It's stupid and cliche, Namjoo but you know it's true. You can't live without her.' Namjoo thought to herself, staring blankly helplessly at her ceiling above her, eyes drifting to Haoung's still empty bed every so often.

In a  way, Namjoo felt bad for Nurse Tiffany, she knew how hard the older nurse was working to help her, but she couldn't bring herself to do anything.

Little did Nurse Tiffany know that Namjoo had been tonguing her medicine especially her anti-depressants, over the last few weeks. They made her feel better, but they gave her insomnia. Nights and nights of not being able to go to sleep started to take it's toll; her mind was overwrought with thoughts of Hayoung, ideas and things she couldn't bare thinking about any longer. She was buried so far inside her own brain, and couldn't do a thing about it. She couldn't tell anyone because she couldn't speak. So, she decided that putting up with the nightmares was a better alternative, and stopped taking the meds altogether.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nurse Tiffany slid her head around the solid oak door that separated Dr Lee's office from the main corridor.

"Hi Tiffany, how are we this morning? I just wanted to talk to you because I heard that Namjoo didn't go to breakfast or group this morning. I was wondering if you knew anything about it?"

"Oh.... Yeah... I went in to wake her up and cajole her into going but she just wouldn't budge. She's getting worse. She's refusing to go to groups, she barely eats. We need to do something." Nurse Tiffany said, actually tearing up slightly. This was the most she had ever cared for a patient. After not being able to have children of her own, she felt like a mother figure to both Namjoo and Hayoung especially considering neither of their mother seemed to neither understand their conditions nor be able to empathize with them in any way.

"Well..." Dr Lee started, "I may have something slightly positive to add to the situation. But as i say only maybe..."

As he said this, Nurse Tiffany's heart jumped into .

"Maybe is definitely better than nothing."

"Hayoung has decided that she wants to speak to her father, telling him everything, try and let him understand. I'm hoping he'll see how much pain she's in and come to his senses."

"Well, all we can do is try." Nurse Tiffany replied, silently praying for a miracle.

--------------------------------------------------

Hayoung sat in her room, waiting to be collected by Dr Lee for her meeting with her father. She had requested a visit to his office earlier to ask him for his help.

After the way her father further traumatized her and Namjoo by ripping them apart again, she wanted to speak to him with the support of Dr Lee beside her.

She wasn't entirely sure what she hoped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter