Chapter 3

You Can't Forget Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are we here again?” Sehun huffs as we walk across the verdant campus of Yonsei University. I haven’t visited hyung’s school since his freshman year in college. I’ve forgotten how posh it is.

 

“We’re here to visit Taemin,” I answer. “He forgot his textbooks.”

 

“This place is so stuffy. Everyone is looking at us like we’re stupid.”

 

“Nobody is looking at you like that.”

 

“Everyone thinks they’re geniuses. Except for Taemin,” he says proudly. “He’s legitimately a genius, and not a narcissist like these guys.”

 

“You’re one to talk,” I say and swiftly move before he can punch me in the gut. He slings his arm around me in his usual manner. I try to shrug it off, but my backpack is in the way.

 

“We’re best friends!” He shouts at a passerby, who hugs her books tighter to her chest and scurries away. “I’m only doing this so that if a girl approaches you, she has to talk to me too.”

 

“We aren’t here to talk to girls.” Except that is exactly why I’m here, although I haven’t told Sehun yet. I don’t know how I expect to find Dohee in this gigantic school, but I will, and I’ll approach her like a normal person this time around.

 

“Soccer field is this way.” Sehun steers me in the opposite direction of where I’m headed. Subconsciously, my feet had led me towards the girls’ dormitory. “Hurry up and give your hyung his books. I’m hungry.”

 

“All right.” I don’t see anyone on the field, which means practice must have finished. Sehun and I are approaching the gymnasium when a familiar figure opens the door.

 

“Is that Minho?” Sehun whisper-shouts in my ear. “Hey!” He waves, and I take the opportunity to slip away from the latches of his arm. I’ll have a permanent knot in my neck if he keeps doing that.

 

“Hey,” Minho jogs up to us. He wipes his perspiring face with a towel, and then he breaks into a smile. “What are you guys doing here?”

 

“He needed to drop off Taemin’s books,” Sehun points a finger at me. “How’ve you been? It’s been a while.”

 

“Just practice and school. Nothing new.” Minho’s eyes are bright beneath the curtain of his sweat-stained hair. “You said you’re looking for Taemin?”

 

“Yeah. Is he in the shower?”

 

His brows knit together in confusion. “Taemin hasn’t been here since - oh.” Sehun and I look at each other. Minho clears his throat. “Um, I’ll take those to him.”

 

“You’re not trying to steal his notes, right?” Sehun asks as I my backpack and pull out hyung’s books.

 

“I wouldn’t do that,” Minho shakes his head and accepts the books. There is a second of hesitation before he takes them from me, and then the weight is lifted from my hands, dispersing whatever suspicion had arisen in that moment. “I’ll let him know you came by.”

 

“If you mess with those books, I know where to find you!” Sehun shouts as Minho jogs away. He throws us a lazy wave, and then the door to the gymnasium slams behind him. “That was weird.”

 

I’m suddenly tired. “Let’s go back.”

 

“What? That’s it? We aren’t going to look for girls?”

 

“Definitely not.”

 

“Are you serious? There’s a haven of women here.”

 

“I thought you liked Sunyoung.”

 

“I thought you were here for Dohee.”

 

I freeze. “How do you know about that?”

 

Sehun grins that lazy grin of his and whistles, “Wouldn’t you want to know.”

 

“If you were watching me the whole time - “

 

“I wasn’t watching you. I have better things to do than make sure your feelings don’t get hurt, Jongin.” I flinch at this. “Sunyoung asked me about how your date went, and I told her you weren’t interested. I left out the part where you got rejected. See, I lied for you. I’m not a jerk.” I glare at him, and he continues, “She said her friend had gone back to the cafe and saw you talking to Dohee. Apparently they used to work together. So, I tracked her down and asked her about Dohee, and that’s why I agreed to come with you to Yonsei. I knew you weren’t here for Taemin. You at lying.”

 

I heave a sigh, irritated at myself. “Sorry.”

 

“Hey, no big deal. You don’t have to tell me everything.” He rests his arm around me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter