RECAP = END SUMMARY

You Can't Forget Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you’ve reached this update, it means you’ve read my blog post. If you haven’t read my blog post, I would suggest going there first and then returning here. That post will explain why I am recapping this story and addressing where this story was headed.

 

Warning: Spoilers Ahead!

 

 

What We Know:

 

Jongin is an author working on getting his second novel published. At the start of the story, we follow him as he pitches his newest novel to his editors, only to find that his coworkers had used it as an excuse to throw a surprise birthday party. Afterwards, Jongin goes to the flower shop to purchase flowers for his girlfriend Dohee, which he does on a weekly basis. He witnesses a fire across the street and sees the silhouette of a man in a navy blue jacket and baseball cap, much like his older brother wore. He draws closer to the flame, and another explosion occurs. Jongin blacks out.

The story backtracks to four years ago during Jongin’s second semester of his freshman year. Jongin is a student at Myongji University. Less than a year ago, Jongin’s parents died in a car accident, leaving Jongin and his older brother Taemin to themselves. Since then, Jongin has stopped writing.

After an unsuccessful blind date, Jongin meets Dohee. Jongin begins working at a coffee shop to help Taemin pay for rent; in addition, Jongin begins to write again. He starts to take steps towards recovery only to learn that Taemin had been lying to him. Despite this, the two brothers reconcile. Another issue arises when Jongin learns that Taemin is also romantically interested in Dohee. The last update ends with Jongin distancing himself from Dohee.

 

Taemin is Jongin’s adopted older brother. His favorite articles of clothing were a navy blue jacket and baseball cap. Although he had a promising career as a soccer player, due to several injuries he could no longer pursue it. Taemin is an intelligent student and a star player at the soccer team in Yonsei University. It is later revealed that once Taemin and Jongin’s parents passed away, Taemin had dropped out of university to take on three jobs to support himself and his brother. Taemin juggles between coaching soccer, tutoring math, and serving as a waiter in a restaurant. Taemin forms a crush on Dohee, one of the people he tutors.

 

Sehun is Jongin’s childhood best friend and a student at Myongji University. Sometimes rude and always playful, Sehun attempts to help Jongin overcome the pain of losing his parents by using his sense of humor. Sehun, who is only interested in tall, thin girls, is a serial dater who manages to get a girlfriend by the name of Sunyoung. Sehun is also close friends with Taemin.

 

Dohee is a graphic arts designer at Yonsei University. She takes an interest in Jongin, and they go on several dates together, including going to the museum and painting at the university studio. In the opening sequence of the story, Dohee has been dating Jongin for some time; in the current narrative, however, it has not yet been addressed how Jongin and Dohee came to be in a romantic relationship.

 

Minho is Taemin’s best friend and one of his old teammates. He can be found frequenting the coffee shop Jongin works at. Minho accidentally reveals Taemin’s secret of dropping out of school when he sees Jongin working at the coffee shop and assumes he had picked up a job at the request of Taemin to help pay for rent.

 

Hyori is Jongin’s coworker at the coffee shop. While not much is told about her, her character is developed along the way.

 

Sunyoung is Sehun’s girlfriend. There is not much information given about her.


 

There are paragraphs written in italics throughout the story. While it is not clear what these paragraphs are about, they are written in Jongin’s perspective. It is implied that he is dreaming about som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter