Seven Minutes

Falling From the Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sulli got home at around midnight. The lights were on in the living room but that was it. No one greeted her when she arrived. Almost everyone had their doors shut close. From the doorway, Sulli could hear Luna's singing voice loud and clear. After leaving her shoes on the shoerack, she heard someone shift on the couch. The short hair resting on one of the armrests gave the identity away easily.

"Hyung, you're still up?"

"Oh, you're home? I didn't hear you come." Amber got up and helped her with her things. "We bought bingsoo on our way home. Your share's in the fridge."

"As much as I'd like to eat, I can't right now. I'm so tired." Sulli handed her two boxes of assorted donuts. "But you're still going to eat at this time? You won't be able to digest these well. Your faces will bloat."

"I'll pay you first thing in the morning. We don't have a schedule tomorrow." Amber beamed. "Plus, it's the weekend."

"Really?!!" Sulli covered with her hands instantly, after realizing her voice was too loud. The shock on her face turned to quick disappointment. "Ah. It doesn't apply to me, does it? I still have to shoot whole day."

"That's why you should go rest now."

"Hyuung~!" Sulli whined. "It's so unfair!"

Amber chuckled. It was like making a child understand the concept of bedtime. "Go." 

Sulli dragged her legs to their room with hunched shoulders. 

Amber stored a box of donuts in the refrigerator for the rest of the members. She carried the other one to Krystal's room. The lights were already off in Victoria and Sulli's room when she passed by. Luna was still up, doing her daily vocal exercises. Amber found it astounding and at the same time, stressful, how Luna practiced singing and dancing, day and night, every single day. Rest wasn't in her vocabulary. If it was, it only coincided with her thought of the members' well-being. Or her health. Sore throat and colds were more common with Luna than the rest of the members. Can't she rest, even for a while? 

Also, why was she thinking of Luna, all of a sudden?

Amber realized as she neared Krystal's closed door that she was thinking excessively. A distraction from reality. Every step she took to the room on the end of the hallway slowed her down.

For a moment she felt like she was walking to her honeymoon suite, her bride glammed up and ready on the other side of the door. Krystal in a flimsy white nightgown, the moon a huge perfect circle outside the open windows, the cool breeze of the night, a whisper of her name...

Amber slapped her forehead with her free hand. Another distraction. A deep breath, yes. That would calm her nerves. Taking deep breaths in front of Krystal's room turned out for the worse. Amber's hand was shaking when she knocked, "Krys?"

Muffled steps approached from the other side before the door swung open. She squinted her eyes at the bright light that followed but that didn't bother Amber at all. The scent that followed the whoosh of warm air in the room did.

Krystal's room smelled good. Not in a sickeningly sweet way that clung to your skin. It smelled like flowers. A tinge of someone's natural scent. Lilac, camomile, honey, roses, vanilla... and pine? A mild, perfect combination of everything? Amber wasn't sure. 

"Yes, I'm eating properly. Yes, I'm taking my vitamins." Krystal was on the phone when she gestured for Amber to come in. And with the way her eyes glinted, the way her eyes smiled with her lips and how casual she switched from Korean to English in a snap, Amber could only guess it was Jessica on the other end of the line. "I'm sleeping... long enough. ...Yeah, yeah. I know, I heard it the first time!"

Amber sat on Krystal's bed, the box of donuts on her lap as the other circled the room in easy smiles and playful steps. Her eyes wandered around, memories of her last visit probing her mind. When was the last time she had been in Krystal's room? Had it been a month? Two? Did her room smell as fragrant before? Amber couldn't remember. The large corkboard on the side of the wall was filled with pictures and quotes and posters she had never seen before. On Krystal's bedside drawer was a little white lamp (also new to Amber) behind a framed picture of the Jungs.

No wonder Krystal voiced out her concerns about Amber's room-hopping. 

It was painful to admit but she felt like a stranger in Krystal's room. Close friends who drifted apart and became strangers, for lack of better term. 

"--- Unnie, I go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter