Chocolate

Falling From the Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The holidays didn't stop the fans from greeting them at the airport. It never did. Rain or shine, holiday or not, in the presence of their beloved idols, the fans remain unfazed. 

The world would end right then and there and they'd still be where they were, Amber thought.

A barrage of flashes in a sea of gadgets, phones, tables, cameras. Deafening screams. Countless arms waving in the air, vying for any of their attention. f(x) waited for their manager oppas to part the crowd with the help of the security.

Victoria and Sulli chatted animatedly in front, huge glasses hiding their almost bare faces and dark circles. Luna followed, bargaining her days off with one of their managers. Her mother's birthday was next week. Amber trailed closely behind Krystal, heavy backpack on her shoulders. She offered to carry a green paper bag of sweets a fan gave Krystal a few minutes ago. Krystal let her before walking ahead.

"Soojung-ah," Amber called out, increasing her pace. When the younger girl kept walking, she poked her cheek with her free hand. "Soojungie. Krystal. Krys. Kryyss. Ddudeongie. Soojungieee."

Krystal turned her head by an inch. "What?" She yawned in the thick sleeve of her hoodie.

"Do you want to recharge?" Amber had a hand hovering around her back. If it wasn't for their flight, she doubted if anyone would still remain standing. Their sleep for the entire week averaged on two to three hours a day. A couple of days ago Krystal went from pale to an even sicker pallor after their performance. 

"Oh look--" Amber shuffled in the paper bag and fished a familiar box of chocolates. "It's your favorite."

Krystal raised a sharp brow beneath her sunglasses. She stopped walking and Amber stopped too. They drowned in screams and flashes. Behind them, their other manager asked if there was anything wrong. 

After a couple of seconds of what seemed like careful deliberation, Krystal just said, "Okay," and resumed walking.

Amber beamed through the exhaustion and followed. "Okay. Please wait a moment, Your Highness." She readjusted her backpack and hooked the paper bag around her arm. 

The simple task of opening a box of chocolates suddenly became the hardest thing to do. Her limbs were heavy and her eyes were stinging beneath her glasses. They could eat in the van but with Amber's assessment, Krystal looked like the chocolates would help her make it across the airport. Ever since they unboarded their plane, Krystal's legs had been shaking. It seemed like walking briskly was her only choice if she didn't want to collapse.

Keep moving. 

Just as Amber was about to open the packaging, Krystal snatched the box from he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter