What's Wrong With Me?

There Are No Words

Himchan lay in his bed staring up at the ceiling. Even though it was dark in the room he knew that it was morning. It was time to face the day.

Maybe I should take Yongguk up on his offer. He thought to himself. No. That might make things worse.

With a sigh he sat up. There was no use in worrying over something that may or may not be going on. Himchan grabbed a towel and started for the bathroom to take a shower. The dorm was quiet. Everyone must still be sleeping.

After his shower Himchan moved quickly back to his room with a towel wrapped securely around his waist. He paused at the mirror. His brow furrowed as he lightly poked at his stomach. It’s not that he hated the way he looked, but he couldn’t help but wish for something else. He turned away not wanting to look anymore and got dressed.

When he eventually got out into the living room Yongguk, Junhong, and Daehyun we’re sitting on the couch. He could also hear the shower going so Jongup and Youngjae were awake too. Yongguk smiled as he entered.

“Better today?”

“Yeah. I guess I just needed sleep,” Himchan started towards the kitchen to get something to drink.

“Were you sick last night, hyung?” Junhong called after him.

“Something like that.”

“That’s weird. Jongup hyung was weird last night too. Did you guys eat something strange while we were gone?”

Himchan nearly dropped the glass he was filling. “What do you mean Jongup was weird last night?” He tried to sound casual. No one but Yongguk knew.

“I don’t know. He just seemed kind of out of it.”

“He’s always out of it,” Daehyun scoffed. “I swear that kid lives in the clouds.”

Himchan returned with his glass of water, and leaned against the far wall away from the others.

“No it was different. Something was different.”

“What was different?” Jongup entered with a towel in hand rubbing at his wet hair.

“Never mind,” Yongguk cut in before anyone else could speak. “Our afternoon schedule got canceled so after practice we have free time.”

Daehyun perked up. “We should go karaoke. We haven’t gone in such a long time.” Junhong nodded beside him. “I’m sure Jae would want to too.”

“That sounds fun,” Jongup sat on the floor next to the couch.

“I’m game for whatever the kids decide,” Himchan said. Yongguk gave him a look that he wasn’t sure of the meaning. “What?” Himchan mouthed. Yongguk shook his head.

 

 

The room they were was all lights and loud music and the smell of alcohol. Jongup sat quietly watching Daehyun and Youngjae belt into their microphones. The two were very obviously drunk but still managed to hit the right notes. I guess that’s what it means to be main vocals.

Jongup looked around at the others. Junhong was sitting cross legged on the floor mesmerized by Daehyun and Youngjae’s performance. Himchan and Yongguk Sat on one of the small couch whispering back and forth and occasionally smiling like parents at the two vocalists.

When the song ended the room erupted in cheers and slightly slurred ‘thank you’s. Youngjae fell onto the couch next to Jongup laughing.

“Uppie~ you take a turn!” He tried forcing a mic into Jongup’s hand but the younger just pushed it away.

“I haven’t drank nearly enough to want to follow you guys up,” he joked.

“Then drink more!” Daehyun pushed a bottle at him.

Jongup locked eyes with Himchan who had stopped conversing with Yongguk to watch the others gathered around Jongup. Jongup’s heart jumped as he met those dark eyes. What’s wrong with you? He asked himself.

He broke the contact and gulped down what was left of the bottle that Daehyun had handed him. It burned his throat a little.

“Yeah! That’s how it’s done!” Daehyun cheered. “Now get up there and sing!”

This time he didn’t refuse the mic that was pushed towards him. He wanted to lose himself in the music and the warm feeling that was spreading through his veins, and to forget the weird way Himchan’s eyes had made him feel.


A/N: This is short I know... also posted very shortly after chapter 1... Its almost 1am and I'm still typing. send help >.<