Talk To Him

There Are No Words

Himchan was quiet as he ate, but his mind was screaming a mile a minute. He couldn’t even begin to process what had just happened or what would have happened before Yongguk had walked into the practice room.

“Are you doing okay? You look like you’re not even here right now.”

“I think Jongup just tried to kiss me.”

Yongguk’s eyes widened. “What do you mean tried? When?”

“In the practice room right before you walked in. I was putting a bandage on his hand and then he touched my face and like started to lean in. I was so freaked out that I couldn’t move at all. Then you walked in and he ran away again.” Himchan threw his chopsticks down. “What the hell is he thinking?”

Yongguk composed himself. “I think the two of you need to talk. I’ll take the kids out tonight and give you some time, and you can’t tell me no.”

“What if it backfires? What if I imagined the whole thing?”

“I don’t think you did. You’re not creative enough for that.” Yongguk smiled at him.

“Rude.”

 

 

Jongup paced around his room. Youngjae sat on his bed trying to read and ignore Jongup, but failed.

“Alright, what is wrong with you?” Youngjae snapped his book shut and glared at Jongup. “And don’t you dare say nothing.”

Jongup stopped in the middle of the room and stared at Youngjae. How could he possibly tell him what was wrong when he wasn’t even sure himself. “I don’t know… I think…” Jongup wrestle with his brain to form his thoughts into words.

Youngjae’s glare turned to a look of concern. “Are you ok? Did something happen?”

“No! I mean yes, but no at the same time.” Jongup pinched the bridge of his nose trying to focus.

“You realize that makes no sense, right?”

“I know. It’s just that… I don’t know what would have happened if something had.”

“I can’t help you if you’re going be vague.”

Jongup took a deep breath. “I almost ki-”

A knock at the door cut him off. Yongguk pushed into the room and glanced between the two. “Sorry, if I’m interrupting. Youngjae, I need you to come help get food.”

“I went yesterday,” Youngjae complained.

“And you’re going again today. Now come on.” Yongguk waved Youngjae out of the room and then turned to Jongup. “You’re staying. Himchan wants to talk to you.” Jongup stared at him with a mix of confusion and horror on his face.

“Did he say why?” Jongup tried to swallow the knot forming in his throat.

“Yes.” Yongguk didn’t appear to want to say more, and left Jongup alone in the middle of the room.

Ice cold panic washed through Jongup’s veins and he shivered slightly. You’re fine. It’s just Himchan. You can talk to him. He tried to convince himself, but couldn’t relax enough to move. Maybe this is a good thing. He can tell you how crazy you are for trying to kiss him and then everything will be fine.


A/N: I know this chapter is really short, but I want to have the conversation that's about to happen be from Himchan's POV I'll try to make the next chapter longer!!