Tension

There Are No Words

Practice was noticeably rough on the younger members. It wasn’t a very productive day of dance rehearsal, considering their lead dancers could barely open their eyes and their movements were slow and awkward. Yongguk eventually gave up and told everyone to just work individually. He dragged Junhong out to practice his rap, and Daehyun and Youngjae wandered off to practice the new song.

That left Himchan and Jongup alone in the dance room. Himchan sat against the wall opposite the mirrored wall and pulled out some sheet music he was studying, and Jongup, despite his hangover, went back to dancing. Even hungover as he was he was still a great dancer.

Himchan set the music in his lap and watched the younger man dance. He was truly remarkable. Himchan could only dream of being able to move his body the way Jongup did. He seemed to be in total control of every one of his strong muscles.

Jongup turned into a fast spin and with a loud crack his hand crashed into the mirror. He collapsed down clutching the hand to his chest. Himchan was at his side in mere seconds.

“Are you okay? Let me see it.” Himchan very gently pulled Jongup’s hand away the skin over two of his knuckles had split open and were bleeding. “Stay right here.”

Himchan ran over to the stereo where there was also a first aid kit. Grabbing it he rushed back over to Jongup and began cleaning the wounds.

Jongup flinched when Himchan dab the antibacterial cream across the gashes. “That stings.”

“It’s better than getting an infection,” Himchan grumbled as he reached for some gauze and tape. “You should be more careful.”

“Sorry, hyung.”

When he was finished wrapping it Himchan held Jongup’s hand between his and smiled up at him. “Better?”

“Thank you.” Their eyes locked. Himchan’s heart beat rapidly as he realized just how close together they were. His face was inches from Jongup’s.

Jongup’s hand reached between the two and push a lock of hair back out of Himchan’s face, making Himchan freeze. Jongup’s hand then rested on his shoulder. All they had to do was lean forward slightly and then their mouths would touch, but Himchan stayed in place.

 

 

Jongup stared into Himchan’s dark eyes. He felt trapped in that moment. The tension between them increasing. His eyes darted down to the older man’s lips and back to his eyes.

Himchan was still under his hand. Completely still.

Jongup felt himself moving closer without thinking. Their lips were a breath apart when the door opened and Jongup pulled back quickly.

Himchan dropped Jongup’s injured hand and turned to the door.

Yongguk entered and looked quizzically at the two on the floor. “Everything ok?” He seemed to focus all of his attention on Himchan like he was trying to communicate something silently.

Himchan shook his head and stood. Jongup watched him carefully trying to pick up what he and Yongguk weren’t saying. “Let’s grab lunch,” Himchan said pulling Yongguk from the room again.

This left Jongup staring down at his wrapped hand.

“What did I just do?”

“Hyung~ let’s go eat!” Junhong was walking towards him but Jongup couldn’t move. “Are you alright?”

“No.”

“Care to elaborate?”

“No.”


A/N: I know this is really short... I'm sorry. I keep getting distracted by my other fic. I'll try to write more next time!