What To Say

There Are No Words

Himchan paced around the living room, while Yongguk ushered Daehyun, Youngjae and Junhong out. Before exiting he looked back at Himchan. “Good luck.”

“Thanks.” Himchan tried to smile, but wasn’t sure if it came out. Yongguk nodded and follow the other out of the dorm.

Now alone Himchan worried even more. What do I say? Should I just ask him if he meant to try and kiss me? Himchan sat on the couch and buried his face in his hands.

“Hyung?” Jongup’s voice was very soft. Himchan looked up to see Jongup standing nervously in the hall. “You wanted to talk?” Jongup wouldn’t meet Himchan’s eyes.

“Yeah. Come sit.” Himchan patted the couch next to him.

“Is it alright if I just stand?”

Himchan nodded. There was a long pause. Neither could look at the other and couldn’t think of what to say.

“Jongup-”

“Hyung, about this morning,” Jongup cut him off. “I- uh… I’m not sure why I did that. It was weird, I know, and I’m sorry.” Jongup rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

Himchan just stared at him surprised. So I didn’t just imagine it.

When Himchan didn’t respond Jongup continued, “Anyway, I won’t let it happen again, so you don’t have to worry about things being-”

“That’s not what I want.” The words surprised both of them. It was the truth but Himchan hadn’t meant to say it so bluntly. “I mean…” Himchan couldn’t find the words to cover what he said. There was nothing he could do to take it back now.

Jongup’s face emptied and he stared blankly at Himchan, waiting. “I just…” Himchan wracked his brain for what to say next. “Jongup how do you feel about me?” Himchan bit his lip.

“Hyung?”

“Ever since we moved back it’s been weird, and you can’t say it hasn’t. When we’re alone… you…” Himchan trailed off not sure where he was going. “Damn it I knew this wasn’t going to be any good.” Himchan covered his face with his hands again.

Himchan flinched when he felt arms wrapping around him. He could feel Jongup’s warm breath on his neck as he whispered, “I like you, Himchan.”

Himchan felt like the world was melting around him. If it weren’t for Jongup’s arms securely around him, he probably would have fallen over. He pulled his arms from between them and hugged Jongup back tightly.

 

 

Everything clicked into place in Jongup’s mind when he crossed the room to embrace Himchan. Every touch and feeling suddenly made sense. He was falling for the older man. He wasn’t sure when it started, but he knew it was happening now.

When Himchan returned the embrace, Jongup’s heart began to race. “I like you, too.” Jongup smiled. His whole body felt warm.

They pulled back to look at each other. Himchan cupped Jongup’s left cheek in his hand. Jongup stared straight into the older man’s dark eyes. “Can I kiss you now?” Jongup’s voice sounded weak even to himself.

The smile that broke out on Himchan’s face was breath taking, but not as breath taking as the next moment when he leaned in and Jongup felt his lips on his own. Himchan’s lips were soft and warm. Heat shot through Jongup’s entire body as he lost himself in the feeling of Himchan’s mouth.

All too soon they had to pull away for air. Neither could stop smiling.

“I’m really glad we came back,” Himchan breathed resting his forehead against Jongup’s.

Jongup laughed. “Me too.”


A/N: Another short chapter. I promise to work on this one more!