He's Just Drunk

There Are No Words

“Channie I think the kids have had enough to drink,” Yongguk stood over the half asleep members as they were practically piled on top of one another on the couch.

“I think you’re right. We should probably get them home. I’ll grab two and you grab two.” Yongguk pulled Junhong and Daehyun up off the couch and started to lead them out, leaving Youngjae and Jongup to Himchan. Jongup was easy enough to handle but Youngjae tended to get fighty when he was plastered.

“I can walk myself!” Youngjae tried to push away from Himchan nearly knocking the three of them over in the process.

“Yah! Calm down! You most certainly can’t walk yourself now shut up.” Himchan pulled Youngjae back to his shoulder.

“You okay back there?” Yongguk called back as he half dragged Daehyun and Junhong down the street.

“Jae is a y drunk!” Himchan yelled back. He was answered by Yongguk’s deep laugh. Himchan did his best to keep up with Yongguk while also trying to keep Youngjae’s flailing to a minimum, but it wasn’t long before he gave up and told his friend to just go ahead without him.

Youngjae’s elbow smacked into Himchan’s cheek destroying what little patience Himchan had left.

“That’s it!” He forced Youngjae to sit on the curb and then pushed Jongup down next to him. “You too stay right there. If you have moved so much as an inch when I get back I will personally you to the gates of Hell!” Himchan stormed his way into a convenience store across the street.

“Hello! Can I help you with anything?” the man behind the counter asked. He was a little too happy for how late at night it was and it soured Himchan’s mood even more.

“My friends are drunk,” He tried to keep is voice smooth but it came out a bit snappy. The clerk looked surprised. “I’m just getting them water.” Himchan walked back to the coolers and pulled out two large bottles of water. He paused in front of the ice cream case.

What better way to get Youngjae to do his bidding than bribery? Jongup was easy to handle as he didn’t do anything when intoxicated, but Himchan grabbed two ice creams (one for each) and walked up to the counter.

“Looks like the starting of a bruise on your cheek,” the clerk comment as he scanned the items.

Himchan groaned, “I’ll kill him if it does.”

“Drunk friend?”

“Yeah…” After paying Himchan quickly walked back to where he had left the younger members. Youngjae was slouched against Jongup’s side snoring slightly. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Jongup looked up at him and put a finger to his lips. He took the water bottle Himchan offered him and sipped on it. With a heavy sigh Himchan sat next to Jongup on the curb.

“I’m sorry, hyung,” Jongup’s voice was barely above a whisper, but with the quiet night Himchan had no trouble hearing him.

“It’s not you. It’s Jae that’s a difficult drunk.”

“I’m not much help though.” Jongup leaned his head on Himchan’s shoulder, and Himchan stiffened. He’s just tired, he tried to reason with himself.

“Yah, Uppie, don’t you fall asleep too.” Jongup just hummed. They sat in silence for a while. Himchan passed one of the ice creams to Jongup and opened the other for himself seeing as Youngjae was fast asleep. Snooze you lose.

“Hyung?”

“Yeah?” Himchan tried ignore the knot that tightened in his stomach when he felt Jongup’s breath ghost across his neck.

“How do you know when you like someone?”

Himchan nearly choked. “Wh-what?”

“Do you like anyone, hyung? Like more than a friend?”

Himchan took a deep breath trying to calm his heart. “Why do you ask?”

“Hmm… I was just wondering. You didn’t answer me though.”

“It’s just a feeling in your gut I guess. When you see someone you just feel different.” Himchan stared at a small crack in the road. He focused on it like his life depended on it. His hands were shaking.

“Do you get that feeling around someone?” Jongup leaned away to look at Himchan’s face, but the older man refused to look away from the road.

“Yeah, but I don’t think they’ll feel the same.” Himchan glanced down at his watch. It was nearly three in the morning. He needed to get them back to the dorm before Yongguk started to worry. “We should get going. It’s getting pretty late.”

“Ok.” Jongup tried his best to help drag the sleepy Youngjae back to the dorm, and Himchan did everything he could to avoid eye contact. Jongup is drunk. That’s why he was asking. He’s just drunk, Himchan kept chanting to himself.

 

 

Jongup woke the next morning with a splitting headache. Across the room he could hear the faint groans coming from Youngjae. His memory of last night was fuzzy and it hurt to try and remember.

The door burst open with a loud bang against the wall. Both Jongup and Youngjae whined loudly in protest and pulled the blankets over their faces.

“Good morning, kids!” Himchan yelled, earning more protests from his hungover members. “The sun is shining and we have a full day of practice ahead of us. Get up and shower. A hangover does not exempt you from practice.”

Jongup peaked out from under his covers and watched as Himchan placed two glasses and some pain killers on the table next to him. Himchan glanced over at him and smiled. Jongup covered his face again as his heart rate picked up. He could feel the heat on his cheek.

The night was slowly coming back to him. “Hyung?” Jongup’s voice was muffled by the blanket.

“What is it?” Jongup felt the dip as Himchan sat on the edge of his bed.

“I’m sorry if I was weird last night. I’m not sure why I asked all those questions.”

“It’s fine. I was just surprised.”

“Will you two shut up,” Youngjae groaned.

“No. Get up and get ready. If I come back here and you aren’t up in ten minutes I’m sending in Dae. Who you’ll be happy to know doesn’t have a hangover and is in a great mood.” Youngjae just groaned again.


A/N: I have class in like 7 hours. I should stop writing right?