Does He?

There Are No Words

Himchan glared at his reflection in the mirror lightly pinching at his cheek.

“You’re doing it again,” came a soft voice from behind him.

“Am not,” He replied dropping his hand to his side.

“Don’t try to lie when I saw you.” Jongup wrapped his arms around Himchan’s waist and squeezed lightly burying his face in the older man’s shoulder. Himchan could feel his warm breath on his back, and relaxed into the embrace. He crossed his arms over Jongup’s and closed his eyes for a moment.

A door opening caused the two to jump apart. The voices of their other members drifted in from the entrance. Jongup left quickly so the others wouldn’t seem him leaving Himchan and Yongguk’s room. It left Himchan to wonder alone.

He knew how he felt about Jongup and had expressed it in the best ways he knew how, but Jongup had either never noticed or didn’t reciprocate. Lately, though, they found themselves in these weird yet comforting embraces when they were alone. When another member showed Jongup would leave immediately and act like nothing had happened. It was driving Himchan crazy.

Himchan was still staring at the door Jongup had disappeared through when Yongguk walked in. “It’s time to eat.” He noticed the far off look in Himchan’s expression and closed the door so they could have some privacy. “Are you okay?”

“I honestly don’t know,” Himchan said as he sat on his bed. Yongguk leaned back against the door and crossed his arms waiting for Himchan to frame his thoughts. “I… I can’t tell if Jongup likes me.”

“Of course he likes you. Everyone does.”

“You know what I’m mean.”

“Oh.” Yongguk ran a hand through his short hair awkwardly. It was rare that Himchan brought up this subject. Of course Yongguk knew how Himchan felt for Jongup. Yongguk was the one Himchan confided in the most. He was the one Himchan could trust with his feelings.

“It’s just been so weird lately.” With a huff Himchan laid back and stared at the ceiling.

“What do you mean?”

“He’s… He’s been… I don’t know how to put it. But it’s only when we’re alone. Whenever someone else appears it’s like nothing has happened. Just before you guys walked in he was all cuddly and sweet but as soon as the front door opened he ran away.”

“Hmm…” Yongguk wasn’t sure how to comfort his friend. “How long has it been happening?”

“Since we moved back.”

“Hmm…”

There was a loud banging on the door. Yongguk turned to open it. “Hyung, the food is all set out. Are you two eating or not?” Daehyun’s head poked into the room. “Himchan hyung, are you feeling okay?”

“He’s fine,” Yongguk answered for him. “We’ll be out in a second. Tell the kids to start without us.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.” Daehyun disappeared again and Yongguk turned back to Himchan. “You know if you really want to know what’s going on in that boy’s head it’s better to ask him. Try talking to him. I can get the kids out of the way for a while tomorrow if you want?”

“Thanks, but I have no idea what’d I even say. I’ll figure something out sooner or later. Let’s just go eat.”

 

 

“I think there’s something wrong with me.” Jongup stared down at his hands. He was sitting on the couch while Junhong laid in front of him on the floor playing with his phone.

“Probably,” Junhong rolled over to look up at him. “Oh you’re being serious. What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know.” Junhong stared at him expectantly, but there were no words left in Jongup’s mind. Just the image of Himchan’s sad expression as he looked at his reflection. In that moment Jongup had acted on instinct when he wrapped his arms around the older man.

They hugged before. They hugged a lot actually. Himchan was very affectionate towards all the members. So why was Jongup feeling so weird about their recent embraces?

“Hyung?” Jongup blinked focusing once more on Junhong who had sat up. “Did something happen?”

“No, I’m just tired. I should probably just go to bed.” He left the maknae to stare after him. Really he just wanted to be alone, or at least he thought he wanted to be alone.

Jongup was so out of it that he didn’t even notice the leader until he walked right into him. It looked like he was sneaking out of his and Himchan’s room.

“What are you doing, Hyung?” Yongguk held a finger up to his lips and pulled Jongup into the next room which Jongup and Youngjae shared. “Is something wrong?”

“Himchan’s not feeling well.”

“Is he sick?”

“Not exactly, but I don’t think he needs me hanging around. I’m not sure what to say to him so it’s been a weird night.” Jongup cocked his head in confusion. “Don’t worry he’ll be alright. Get some sleep.” Yongguk left probably heading into the living room.

Jongup stared at the door wondering what would make things weird between Yongguk and Himchan, but was soon interrupted from his thought as Youngjae entered the room. Youngjae was startled when he saw Jongup just standing in the middle of the room spacing out.

“Yah! Jongup what are you doing?”

Jongup shook himself back to reality. “Going to sleep.”

“Most people sleep in a bed, not standing.”

“Right.” Jongup quickly got into his bed and buried his face in the blanket.